Photo

O's 2021 Record Prediction

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Poll: Win Prediction (12 member(s) have cast votes)

How many games will the Orioles win?

1. 50-59 (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. 60-69 (6 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. 70-79 (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. 80-89 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 05 April 2021 - 03:46 PM

I think it's a bit of crazy pick.  And if I'm wrong and it happens, then I deserve to be embarrassed.  If it happens, and I don't close the site... I'll have to think of something else embarrassing I can do, while also giving credit to Trezza for his clairvoyance. 

Well, they only need to go 49-110 now to keep this thing going. That's gotta be reassuring....doesn't it.... :???:

#42 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 April 2021 - 04:16 PM

Yup. They do interviews with a reporter from each team and ask them for a win projection and he said 51-111

I heard him do an interview on The Fan, I think, it is low, but I think he could be closer to be right, than a prediction in the 70 range.

There are so many, if's about this team, that even if things went right with most of them, it could still be a low 60's total.

@mikeghg

#43 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:24 AM

I'll take 66-96, I do think this'll hinge quite a bit on how much the seemingly weaker teams they didn't play last year will look (Rangers, Mariners, Tigers, Royals)  

• Mike B likes this

she/her

#44 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:35 AM

I'll take 66-96, I do think this'll hinge quite a bit on how much the seemingly weaker teams they didn't play last year will look (Rangers, Mariners, Tigers, Royals)  

I think you are right about the level of competition.  I watched the game last night, and kept thinking our team has no business being on the field with the Yankees.

I believe we play 76 games in the division.  I think we will be fortunate to win 25-28 games in the division.  We will have to win between 35-40 of the remaining 86 to get in the 63 (my pick) to 68 range.

@mikeghg

#45 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:39 AM

I think you are right about the level of competition.  I watched the game last night, and kept thinking our team has no business being on the field with the Yankees.

I believe we play 76 games in the division.  I think we will be fortunate to win 25-28 games in the division.  We will have to win between 35-40 of the remaining 86 to get in the 63 (my pick) to 68 range.

Yeah assuming the Tigers, Royals, Mariners and Rangers are pretty close to the Orioles in talent level, that's about 25 games that should basically be a toss up  

she/her

#46 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,250 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:47 AM

Broken record time

Balanced schedules please!!!!!!!!!

• Mackus, Mike B and Mike in STL like this

#47 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 11:25 AM

57-105.
@BSLMikeRandall

#48 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:54 PM

Broken record time

Balanced schedules please!!!!!!!!!

That makes too much sense.   But then MLB could not offer the networks 19 Red Sox-Yankees games for National TV.

@mikeghg

#49 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:55 PM

57-105.

That was going to be my original prediction but I decided to be the optimistist and say 63.

@mikeghg

#50 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,950 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 01:21 PM

We are winning at least 60. We arent that bad and Im not sure the East is that strong. Think TB takes a step or two back. Tor has to prove it. Bos is still sub .500.

#51 FL O's Fan

FL O's Fan
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:10 PM

Forgive me if someone posted one preseason, but was curious what people thought about win prediction with what we've seen thus far. I tend to be an optimist when the team shows a little something, and there's some components I think could continue to be real as we move along. I'm gonna go way above what I would have thought preseason and say this team gets to 75 wins. 

(Also, I tried to post a poll, hopefully it works)

#52 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,759 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:12 PM

https://forum.baltim...tion/?hl=record

#53 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:16 PM

Only 2 games under .500, I think thats a bit of a surprise for us.

I think the one thing that surprises me, they play twice as well on the road as they do at home.

#54 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:18 PM

I said 63 before the season.  The first 26 games tells me I am light, but I will stick with it.

@mikeghg

#55 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,759 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:21 PM

I still don't think they avoid 100 losses.

Team started 13-14 this year AND last year, so starting halfway decent is no indication that things won't fall off the rails.  I expect hitting to get a little better but the pitching to get a lot worse. 

#56 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:22 PM

Team started 13-14 this year AND last year, so starting halfway decent is no indication that things won't fall off the rails.  I expect hitting to get a little better but the pitching to get a lot worse. 

My concern is the pitching we do have wears out under the innings load.  Time will tell.

@mikeghg

#57 FL O's Fan

FL O's Fan
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:22 PM

I see this thread here. This is cheating and not really on record, but I'll say 75 wins. Now, I think that's as the team is currently constituted. We should trade effective bullpen arms and players like Matt Harvey, which will bring us down. But I think Harvey's re-emergence plus what looks to be at least an average bullpen has me thinking this current roster could get to 75. We haven't had consistent hitting yet from likely producers. The wildcard of course will be the trades we make, which I will fully support continuing to increase the younger talent. 

#58 FL O's Fan

FL O's Fan
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:38 PM

My concern is the pitching we do have wears out under the innings load.  Time will tell.

The pitching will be key, especially considering possible trades. We shouldn't hang onto Harvey if he keeps it up and that will take us from 2 trying to get 3 quality starts per 5 to likely 1. And that's when the wheels fall off and the bullpen gets taxed.  

Perhaps the hot bullpen start is the one that's unsustainable this year, but I think most of the guys contributing seem to either have the talent or track record for solid production. Valdez, Plutko, Lakins and Sulser are likely to regress, but I think they can all be effective even if the current production is unsustainable. 

Offensively thus far, I feel encouraged that most everyone except Mullins hasn't found much consistency yet. I also like the outfield defense. 

#59 Grindelwald

Grindelwald
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 06:36 AM

We are winning at least 60. We arent that bad and Im not sure the East is that strong. Think TB takes a step or two back. Tor has to prove it. Bos is still sub .500.

Good call. TB is hurting from not having Morton and Snell anymore.

I don't think 70 wins for this team is out of the question at all right now. I didn't think that at the beginning of the season.

#60 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,203 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 09:56 AM

Outside of Means, they really don't have much in the starting rotation.  Harvey just throws junk now and Zimmerman is horrible. I don't even remember the other two off the top of my head.  I do think they have some decent arms in the bullpen but they'll be overworked as usual and start getting burned out by August.  Camden Yards will turn into it's usual launching pad at some point.  Defensively, they're average at best and that's being generous.  They are who we thought they were and will play accordingly.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=