Photo

O's 2021 Record Prediction

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Poll: Win Prediction (12 member(s) have cast votes)

How many games will the Orioles win?

1. 50-59 (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. 60-69 (6 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. 70-79 (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. 80-89 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 07:00 PM

Get on the record. I'm saying 162-0, what about y'all?
@DaKittenz

#2 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 08:06 PM

I wish I could give one, but I don't even know who half the team is.  :mrgreen:

• Mashed Potatoes likes this

#3 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 04 April 2021 - 08:07 PM

I wish I could give one, but I don't even know who half the team is.  :mrgreen:

Only one way to fix that!

she/her

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 April 2021 - 08:08 PM

Even though we just swept the Red Sox, I will say 63.  I am hoping they avoid losing 100 games.  

• bmore_ken likes this
@mikeghg

#5 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 09:00 PM

69- 93. I have some confidence we can be a middle of the pack offense but am afraid the pitching will be pretty bad.

#6 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,680 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 04 April 2021 - 10:37 PM

Get on the record. I'm saying 162-0, what about y'all?

I'd like to take the under.

#7 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 April 2021 - 06:52 AM

72-90

#8 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,234 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 05 April 2021 - 07:43 AM

I think the O's have a legit chance to win 70 games. 

• 24fps likes this

#9 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 07:51 AM

I think they will sweep their first series and start the season off, 3-0. :) :) :)

#10 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:07 AM

Keith Law predicted 58-104, in case anybody cares.

The Orioles were right at the league median in run scoring and in OBP last year, but I don’t see that recurring with the moves they’ve made (Maikel Franco?) and imminent regression from Ryan Mountcastle, while their rotation is also likely to be a huge weakness, although at least this year it’ll include at least two prospects in Dean Kremer and Keegan Akin, either of whom could stick in that role and give the Orioles their first long-term starters since they dealt Dylan Bundy.

2021 MLB season predictions: Keith Law's win totals for every team, plus awards and early postseason picks – The Athletic

#11 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:33 AM

Keith Law predicted 58-104, in case anybody cares.

The Orioles were right at the league median in run scoring and in OBP last year, but I don’t see that recurring with the moves they’ve made (Maikel Franco?) and imminent regression from Ryan Mountcastle, while their rotation is also likely to be a huge weakness, although at least this year it’ll include at least two prospects in Dean Kremer and Keegan Akin, either of whom could stick in that role and give the Orioles their first long-term starters since they dealt Dylan Bundy.

2021 MLB season predictions: Keith Law's win totals for every team, plus awards and early postseason picks – The Athletic

Ive said it for years, Keith Law is a clown and have no respect for his baseball opinions.

#12 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,702 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:44 AM

Ive said it for years, Keith Law is a clown and have no respect for his baseball opinions.

What part of that opinion is unfounded?

Franco is barely above 300 OBP for his career.  Galvis is below 300.  Mountcastle and Hays almost never (under 5%) walked in the minors.  OBP seems likely to be a major weakness for this offense.

#13 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,702 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:57 AM

I still don't think I see a team that avoids 100 losses.  Rotation is going to be a nightmare, I think Means will be good, and while Kremer, Akin, and Zimmerman (and perhaps Baumann later on) will have some good games I think that overall they'll struggle quite a bit as a group and perhaps more damaging to the team's overall record they won't pitch much more than 125-150 innings each.  I have no confidence in Harvey or Lopez or anyone else who may get starts, and if Harvey does happen to pitch well he'll certainly be traded.  Also don't have much confidence in the bullpen, a few intriguing back-end arms but don't think we'll have anyone dominant (Scott was last year, if he keeps that I'll that would be terrific) and the middle and long relief group is a nightmare (these are all guys who can't beat out our weak starters).  

For the position players Ruiz is the only black hole where we have someone who is neither a passably acceptable MLB veteran nor a promising young player.  If Bannon or Jones get some time there, that would at least be someone promising filling in.  It's nice to have fewer spots where we've not even tried.  I think the offense should be ok though still shy of league average and with the very low OBP we'll be dependent on home runs.  Mountcastle and Mancini will be fun all year I think, but not so sure about anyone else.

• bmore_ken likes this

#14 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:58 AM

Before the season I wasn't even sure if we got to 60 wins, now I'm  thinking maybe 70.

#15 24fps

24fps
  • Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationBrentwood, TN

Posted 05 April 2021 - 09:56 AM

Even 70.  There's still a long way to go, but I like the O's pitching probably more than I should.

#16 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:25 AM

I still say 95-100 losses.  The starting pitching is not good and once the heat kicks in and Camden Yards turns into it's usual launching pad, the E.R.A.'s will increase accordingly.  I also think there will be extended periods where the offense won't be doing much with a lot of holes in the line-up.  Defense is average at best.  Unless some kind of miracle occurs and everyone on the team produces well above what's expected, it should be a long season in Baltimore with everyone biting at the bit for the Ravens to get underway. 

• bmore_ken likes this

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:50 AM

The range imo is 63-72 wins. So put me down for 68.

#18 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:52 AM

I agree that Keith Law is a tool, who certainly seems to have something against the Orioles but I don’t see 58 as ridiculously low.  My original prediction was going to be 59, but I got optimistic and said 63.

@mikeghg

#19 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,680 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:53 AM

The range imo is 63-72 wins. So put me down for 68.

That's where I'm basically at.  I'd actually bump the range up 2 to 65-74 and sit at 69.

#20 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:54 AM

I also think Elias is going to make some trades which pull the total down.  We are already seeing the scouts circling Santander.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=