• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:23 PM

On this episode of Sports Tonight, I was joined by Terps Radio Analyst and my BSL Colleague Chris Knoche to talk Terps Basketball.

Among The Topics Discussed:

• Maryland has won their last 4 games, and stands at just one game under .500 in the strongest conference in the country. Chris gives thoughts on the Coaching job from Coach Turgeon this year.
  • The light-bulb has gone off for Wiggins. What does Chris see as the primary difference right now?
  • The Terps are doing a lot of switching and showing effort defensively. Chris gives thoughts on the defense.
  • Reese Mona is currently the 8th guy in the rotation.  Can Smart, Dockery, or Graham crack the rotation?
  • At Rutgers, all 5 starters were in double figures scoring wise. That included Hart, who had his first double figure scoring game in Big Ten play since Jan. 7th vs. Iowa. General thoughts on Hart? 
  • How can Hamilton best be utilized down the stretch?
  • And more…

https://anchor.fm/sp...s-Knoche-eqv0d5

This episode is brought to you courtesy of Mercer Floor & Home Carpet One.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:30 PM

Will give this a listen tomorrow for sure. Big fan of Knoche. 

Regarding your first topic - I happen to think this is one of Turgeon's better coaching jobs. It hasn't changed anything with what I want to happen ultimately, but he's done a real nice job this year overall and I give him a lot of credit for that.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#3 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:50 PM

Will give this a listen tomorrow for sure. Big fan of Knoche.

Regarding your first topic - I happen to think this is one of Turgeon's better coaching jobs. It hasn't changed anything with what I want to happen ultimately, but he's done a real nice job this year overall and I give him a lot of credit for that.

He almost always gets mediocre talented teams to play up. Its when hes got higher level talent that he can't get them to mesh to play up to expectations

#4 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:57 PM

He almost always gets mediocre talented teams to play up. Its when hes got higher level talent that he can't get them to mesh to play up to expectations

And even while they play up, he still often times makes strategic decisions that cost them because of how conservative and afraid he is. 

#5 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:05 PM

And even while they play up, he still often times makes strategic decisions that cost them because of how conservative and afraid he is.

Sure. He plays not to lose too often. I respect that the program has for the most part got back to being a reg tourny team. Which isnt that easy anymore with how much year to year roster turnover there is. The problem is I dont think he's capable of leading a team to 6 wins in a row in the tourny. No matter how talented the roster. Hell he'd be giddy to get 3 in a row and make the E8.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=