73 replies to this topic

#61 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:44 PM

Just caught up. Very nice performance. Eliminated the sloppiness, maintained all the good stuff from last night. Wiggins and Ayala are dialed in. Morsell and Scott defensively have been equally as good.

Mona still shouldn't be playing this much.

#62 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:49 PM

What was the message Turgeon was giving leaving the starters in?

#63 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:49 PM

They can definitely win a game in the NCAAT. Wins this year show that. Could also lose to just about anyone.

Agree Wiggins reaching another gear is the most important thing which has happened.

I guess the distinction is, I'd expect them to if Wiggins really does sustain this.

#64 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:50 PM

Game was over. Could have gone to the beach earlier.

#65 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:51 PM

If they get in they're probably a 10-12 seed right? Barring an unexpected run in the Big Ten tourney. They are having conference tournaments, aren't they?

#66 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,331 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 17 February 2021 - 09:05 PM

If they get in they're probably a 10-12 seed right? Barring an unexpected run in the Big Ten tourney. They are having conference tournaments, aren't they?

Yes, Big Ten Tournament was moved from Chicago to Indy a couple weeks ago.
  • Mackus likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#67 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:32 PM

I was in a zoom meeting through most of the game, but it certainly seems that both Ayala and Wiggins are stepping up and forming a real good back court.  Maryland needed to sweep and did so,  Things are trending in the right direction 

@mikeghg

#68 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:42 PM

Nice to see Hamilton put together a couple of nice games.

I listened to an interview he did and he mentioned play through a foot injury early in the year, so maybe we have begun to see what he can do.
He is one of the stronger players the Terps have so he is an important player going forward
@mikeghg

#69 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 18 February 2021 - 03:11 AM

They went down two spots on Kenpom lol, eight-point win over the worst team in the Big Ten isn't satisfying to the math

she/her

#70 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 February 2021 - 09:34 AM

They went down two spots on Kenpom lol, eight-point win over the worst team in the Big Ten isn't satisfying to the math

I think that is why Turgeon stayed with the starters until late.  He wanted to keep the 20 point lead.  Unfortunately, they knew the game was over and shut down.  Nebraska hit some long 3's and the game looked a lot closer than it was.

@mikeghg

#71 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 February 2021 - 09:38 AM

I watched the game this morning and Ayala and Wiggins showed real leadership the last 2 games.  Whenever Nebraska acted like they wanted to make a run, they both stepped up.  Hamilton became the third scorer, which was also good to see.

Scott is not hunting shots but he remains tough on the boards and on defense and last night did a great job, finding Ayala, and Wiggins.

@mikeghg

#72 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 February 2021 - 09:55 AM

The one troubling thing to me is Mona got 11 minutes, while Smart, Graham and Dockery got the last 47 seconds.

Mona tries hard, he is just not a D1 player.  11 minutes, no points, rebounds, assists.    

@mikeghg

#73 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 10:28 AM

Agree.  Every minute Mona plays is an indefensible decision from Turgeon.  I'm sure he's a great kid, it's not his fault he's being given a chance to live out his dream, but he doesn't belong on the court and eventually it's going to cost the Terps something.  

#74 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 February 2021 - 10:54 AM

Agree.  Every minute Mona plays is an indefensible decision from Turgeon.  I'm sure he's a great kid, it's not his fault he's being given a chance to live out his dream, but he doesn't belong on the court and eventually it's going to cost the Terps something.  

I think what it may cost them a chance to see if Smart or Dockery can play.  They have to be candidates to try out the transfer portal.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=