Photo

Orioles.com: Which O's prospects will get the call in '21?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 08:43 AM

Orioles.com: Which O's prospects will get the call in '21?

https://www.mlb.com/...callups-in-2021

#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 February 2021 - 09:15 AM

Diaz, probably in Mid may, then Lowther, Baumann, Jones and Smith.  In no particular order.

@mikeghg

#3 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 February 2021 - 12:12 PM

Diaz, probably in Mid may, then Lowther, Baumann, Jones and Smith. In no particular order.

I would add Vavra, Nevin, and McKenna at some point as well.

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 February 2021 - 01:21 PM

Very likely.  They view this year as a throw away, so taking a look at as many of the younger guys makes sense.

@mikeghg

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 February 2021 - 01:30 PM

I think because none of the pitchers threw many, if any innings last year, they treat the year in regards to pitching in waves,.

Wave one, the veterans they have pulled fr4om the dump.   Some of Felix, Harvey, LeBlanc, Lopez, will join Means and I think one of, Aikn or Kremer.

Wave 2, and three will consist of prospects like Lowther, Baumann, Wells, Smith etc.

It is going to be a long and ugly year, but hopefully make enough progress, that we do not have to hear Elias say, we are not there yet and have another collection on minimum salary vets fill holes.

@mikeghg

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 01:51 PM

I think because none of the pitchers threw many, if any innings last year, they treat the year in regards to pitching in waves,.

Wave one, the veterans they have pulled fr4om the dump.   Some of Felix, Harvey, LeBlanc, Lopez, will join Means and I think one of, Aikn or Kremer.

Wave 2, and three will consist of prospects like Lowther, Baumann, Wells, Smith etc.

It is going to be a long and ugly year, but hopefully make enough progress, that we do not have to hear Elias say, we are not there yet and have another collection on minimum salary vets fill holes.

Both Aikn and Kremer are locks imo.

#7 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 02:34 PM

3 guys Im interested to get eyes on along with Bannon. Especially Vavra.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#8 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,775 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 02:47 PM

Managing innings for the young pitchers will be an interesting topic.  How to you put an innings number on the work that guys did on their own between March and July.  Because it's not like they were completely inactive or injured and also not like they were pitching in major or minor league games with all the sidework that goes along with that.  

I think I'll just watch and see what the Orioles do.  I've got no idea how I think this should be handled so don't really know if they can choose anything that seems really smart or really dumb.  It's new to everybody.

#9 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 03:14 PM

Managing innings for the young pitchers will be an interesting topic. How to you put an innings number on the work that guys did on their own between March and July. Because it's not like they were completely inactive or injured and also not like they were pitching in major or minor league games with all the sidework that goes along with that.

I think I'll just watch and see what the Orioles do. I've got no idea how I think this should be handled so don't really know if they can choose anything that seems really smart or really dumb. It's new to everybody.

Do you need an innings limit when the game script says to pull them after the 7th ER before the 3rd inning most nights?

Kidding...sort of.
@BSLMikeRandall

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,775 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 03:56 PM

Do you need an innings limit when the game script says to pull them after the 7th ER before the 3rd inning most nights?

Kidding...sort of.

Maybe a batters faced limit.

I'm talking more about the guys with futures like Akin and Kremer and eventually Baumann and some others.  Even Means is going to need some massaging as he pitched very little last year.

Anyone else we can throw as much as needed.  Don't need to coddle guys like Lopez or Felix if he makes the team or any of the other guys.  Don't abuse them irresponsibly, but don't need to be cautious for the sake of their future health.

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 February 2021 - 05:22 PM

Managing innings for the young pitchers will be an interesting topic.  How to you put an innings number on the work that guys did on their own between March and July.  Because it's not like they were completely inactive or injured and also not like they were pitching in major or minor league games with all the sidework that goes along with that.  

I think I'll just watch and see what the Orioles do.  I've got no idea how I think this should be handled so don't really know if they can choose anything that seems really smart or really dumb.  It's new to everybody.

I think in the Orioles case, it is all about the kids.  Let’s be honest, if Felix or Harvey or LeBlanc get over extended it is not that big of a deal.  If one of the kids does, whether it is in the majors or in the minors it is.

I do think that for the contenders, the way they manage the vets will be interesting.  At most counting play offs the key guys threw 70 innings or so.  The guys who are on teams hoping to go deep into the playoffs will not want their aces to go 180 innings before the playoffs.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=