• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

OSU freshman quarterback Cardale Jones made quite clear his feelings about why he is in school. To get an education? To increase his influence in the world of academia? To learn a trade to have as a safety valve should a career in athletics not pan out?

His tweet:

Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS.

http://www.rantsport... ... ion-clear/

#2 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

Your Mom

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

I think the funniest part is that his name is Cardale with an a, but his twitter handle was @Cordale10 with an o. Can he not spell his own name or is there a joke/pun that I'm missing?

http://deadspin.com/...-to-play-school

crimsontribe at twitter dot com

#3 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

The difference between MLB and the NFL is really strange.

As of May of this year, there are a total of 39 active players in all of Major League Baseball who have a four year college degree.

It's funny how MLB players are allowed to skip college and jump right from high school into a paid minor league system (however meager the pay is), whereas football players are basically forced to attend a college where they play for free and help earn millions of dollars for their institution, just to become eligible to play professionally.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#4 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

As long as he understands what I mean when I tell him in a couple years that I do not want pickles on my Whopper, I don't care if he doesn't want to play school.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=