Photo

Balt Sun: For Ravens GM Eric DeCosta, improvements start with an identity: ‘We’re a running team’

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,712 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 08:34 AM

Balt Sun: For Ravens GM Eric DeCosta, improvements start with an identity: ‘We’re a running team’

#2 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 02:23 PM

Balt Sun: For Ravens GM Eric DeCosta, improvements start with an identity: ‘We’re a running team’

Can't read it, but I don't disagree. They're historically the best running team ever. You add an IOL and a top possession guy like Robinson or Juju. And you're pretty close to set on the offensive side.

#3 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 07:09 PM

Can't read it, but I don't disagree. They're historically the best running team ever. You add an IOL and a top possession guy like Robinson or Juju. And you're pretty close to set on the offensive side.

Not the point here, but hard pass on Juju for me.
  • kudzu likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#4 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 09:05 PM

Not the point here, but hard pass on Juju for me.

Whys that?

#5 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 12:58 PM

Juju will want too much money.   I also don't want to invest anymore high draft picks in WR given the Ravens' track record in developing these guys.  Plus, too many other holes.  I think the their best bet for receiver help is via trade or cap casualty from another team.  Not sure who.     

#6 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 01:38 PM

Whys that?

Regression this year. Cares more about his tick tock. He was dancing when the Steelers were getting their ass whipped by Cleveland. Pregame videos, whatever. Mid-game where you’re getting destroyed, at least pretend to care a little.

Just not the kind of guy I want on my team.
  • Mike B likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#7 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 January 2021 - 02:28 PM

Regression this year. Cares more about his tick tock. He was dancing when the Steelers were getting their ass whipped by Cleveland. Pregame videos, whatever. Mid-game where you’re getting destroyed, at least pretend to care a little.

If you asked me last year, do I want JuJu on the Ravens, I would have said hell yes.

I am with you, I think I pass now.  The shame is, he is the type of receiver we could use.  The problem, he is climbing the Diva scale.

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#8 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 03:09 PM

Wow, I know this may be more a reflection on the fact Ben can barely throw deep now, but 8.6 yards/rec for JuJu this year is crazy for a WR. That was 126th in the league among qualifiers (more than 30 catches). The only WR lower were Greg Ward and Larry Fitzgerald. I'm not saying if this is meaningful or not, I just found it interesting.

Besides that, I also am not that interested for similar reasons as the two posts above me. 

• Mike in STL likes this

#9 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 07:08 PM

I think the tic toc thing is blown out of proportion. None of us know the dude, so I think saying he cares more about tic toc is pretty unfair. I get why that puts people off though.

As far as on the field, I think he's a victim of Roethlisberger's dead arm, and an offense that didn't throw the ball farther than 5 yards most of the time. He had a good contested catch rate. And he only had 3 drops on 97 catches.

I also think his down year, mixed with a plethora of other better WRs available this year, and a deep WR class, will actually make him cheaper.

I think as far as chemistry, he's far from a diva. His teammates seem to like him a lot. Honestly, from the outside looking in, he looks like his personality would mesh perfectly with Lamar. Plus I honestly think he will be cheaper than Golladay, Robinson, and Godwin.

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,421 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 07:52 PM

If JuJu is the best we can do I have no problems with his actions and no questions about his desire. I'd pretty strongly prefer Golladay, Godwin, or Robinson though. But Juju would be a big upgrade over Boykin. And if he ends up being really good, it'd chap the Steelers every time we play.

#11 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 07:57 PM

If JuJu is the best we can do I have no problems with his actions and no questions about his desire. I'd pretty strongly prefer Golladay, Godwin, or Robinson though. But Juju would be a big upgrade over Boykin. And if he ends up being really good, it'd chap the Steelers every time we play.

Obviously those three would be anyone's preference. But after DeCosta's comments, I not sure they view the WR group as a big enough need to drop the kind of money those 3 will demand. I think Juju is the start of the 2nd tier of free agent WR's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=