Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:36 PM

Ravens cut RG3 and 3 other ...Plus sign 11 to Reserve futures deals

The Ravens also waived four veterans: quarterback Robert Griffin III, defensive back Davontae Harris, wide receiver De'Anthony Thomas (COVID opt-out) and defensive back Tramon Williams. Harris was on the Reserve/Designated to Return list and Griffin, who had one start this season when Lamar Jackson had COVID-19, was on the Reserve/Injured list.

and 

Here are the 11 players:

• LB Aaron Adeoye
  • DT Aaron Crawford
  • DT Braxton Hoyett
  • QB Tyler Huntley
  • WR Jaylon Moore
  • LS Nick Moore
  • DE Chauncey Rivers
  • DB Nigel Warrior
  • DB Chris Westry
  • RB Ty'Son Williams
  • TE Eli Wolf

Source ...Ravens website

Roll Tide

#2 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 19 January 2021 - 09:36 AM

It was definitely time here, he was money last year.

Until he got hurt

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 09:48 AM

I really hope Ingram ends up being around the team for a long time whenever he decides he's done.  Don't know if he's interested in coaching or not, but at least being around as an honorary Raven for life kind of like Steve Smith and some other guys who've ended their careers here have done despite not being a career or most-of-career Raven.

Awesome guy.  Was a perfect addition and a huge part of last year's team.  Age catches up to everybody though eventually, really quickly for running backs (excluding Frank Gore who may be immortal).  

• You Play to Win the Game, BobPhelan and Mike in STL like this

#4 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 09:51 AM

I really hope Ingram ends up being around the team for a long time whenever he decides he's done. Don't know if he's interested in coaching or not, but at least being around as an honorary Raven for life kind of like Steve Smith and some other guys who've ended their careers here have done despite not being a career or most-of-career Raven.

Awesome guy. Was a perfect addition and a huge part of last year's team. Age catches up to everybody though eventually, really quickly for running backs (excluding Frank Gore who may be immortal).

Ingram was the perfect kind of RB for this offense. Unfortunately he slowed down fast this season. You could see it. He had no burst, he had no quickness. The year prior he hit the hole at 100 M.P.H and had 5 yards before the defense could react. Wish him the best.

#5 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:28 AM

it may have been posted already, 

Ravens sign Steelers Deon Cain to a reserve futures deal

https://www.baltimor...utures-contract

Roll Tide

#6 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:43 AM

https://theathletic....ens-free-agent/

Cox, 34, was a four-time pro bowler and this is the first year they gave All-Pro status to long snappers, and Cox won it. 

Nick Moore will be his replacement, he snapped in the Steelers game when everyone including Cox was on the Covid list. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#7 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:46 AM

I think the Ravens should move Jackson to long snapper.

• You Play to Win the Game, Mashed Potatoes and Mike in STL like this

#8 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:48 AM

Long snapping is one of those things we take for granted. There is a reason why when a team finds a good one they hold onto them forever. 

From August, 2020. 6 long snappers out of 32 were the longest tenured players on their teams. 5 of 32 teams the quarterback was their longest tenured player. 

https://www.yardbark...729573#slide_32

• makoman likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#9 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:50 AM

That made me giggle. 

It will be nice to talk Ravens without threads being pushed to the outskirts of reality again. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#10 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 10:08 AM

Long snapping is one of those things we take for granted. There is a reason why when a team finds a good one they hold onto them forever. 

Definitely true, and a very important roster spot. I don't have the Athletic but I imagine they must be confident in Moore, and it probably saves half a million against the cap (may be wrong, I know there are lots of cap tricks with these near minimum guys) which if true isn't much but every bit helps with how 2021 is shaping up. And I hope that's the last time I hear his name until he leaves in 6 or 8 years.

#11 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 11:02 AM

Definitely true, and a very important roster spot. I don't have the Athletic but I imagine they must be confident in Moore, and it probably saves half a million against the cap (may be wrong, I know there are lots of cap tricks with these near minimum guys) which if true isn't much but every bit helps with how 2021 is shaping up. And I hope that's the last time I hear his name until he leaves in 6 or 8 years.

You're pretty much right. They signed him to a reserve/futures contract, and that was pretty much writing on the wall for Cox. 

Cox had made AAV of $1.1M. Moore will cost $600k.

@BSLMikeRandall

#12 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 January 2021 - 11:08 AM

Have there been any players that have parlayed a futures contract into a long, high-level career?

Just curious.

#13 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 January 2021 - 11:12 AM

EDC seems very interested in exploring extensions for Jackson and Andrews. 

I assume the writing is on the wall with Zeus Jr. I just wonder how that works out. 

#14 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 11:43 AM

EDC seems very interested in exploring extensions for Jackson and Andrews.

I assume the writing is on the wall with Zeus Jr. I just wonder how that works out.

I'd imagine their goal would be to play out his contract next season, then potentially tag him and trade him next offseason, or try and work an extension next offseason.
  • Mackus likes this

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 12:49 PM

I'd imagine their goal would be to play out his contract next season, then potentially tag him and trade him next offseason, or try and work an extension next offseason.

That'd be my plan.

I'd listen on offers, especially if there are NFL players you could go out and immediately acquire in return for some of the draft capital you'd get back, but I like the idea of letting him play for the $3.4M escalated salary next year and then try to tag and trade for a 2nd or so.

#16 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 January 2021 - 12:58 PM

That'd be my plan.

I'd listen on offers, especially if there are NFL players you could go out and immediately acquire in return for some of the draft capital you'd get back, but I like the idea of letting him play for the $3.4M escalated salary next year and then try to tag and trade for a 2nd or so.

I feel this way, too, but I gotta think there's a team out there that's desperate for a LT and might pay through the nose. I'm not saying he's Tunsil or anything but he could definitely secure a haul in the right situation.

#17 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:04 PM

Think he could make that throw accurately though? He's more of a runner
  • Nigel Tufnel likes this
@DaKittenz

#18 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:17 PM

Think he could make that throw accurately though? He's more of a runner

How about we eliminate Koch. Lamar can just pick the ball up, run back 7 yards and be the holder as well.
  • Mashed Potatoes likes this

#19 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:20 PM

I feel this way, too, but I gotta think there's a team out there that's desperate for a LT and might pay through the nose. I'm not saying he's Tunsil or anything but he could definitely secure a haul in the right situation.

I'm still of the mind that were trying to win a Superbowl. You don't trade all-pro potential players for draft picks when you're trying to get the top of the mountain.

I honestly don't even think this is a real conversation being had at the castle. Sure Decosta will listen if someone calls. And I'm sure he'd pull the trigger if he's blown away. But I think their plan is to avoid Brown altogether this offseason, and address him next offseason.

#20 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:54 PM

Zeus has got me all twisted up. There's a real shot imo that a team would trade multiple picks to get him. If we can't afford to pay two Tackles we should probably explore a trade. Even though to Biggsy's point it's hard to trade a stud player when you're a legit contender, letting him leave for a comp pick also seems like a waste.

I've been back and forth with this but (non popular take) I think I'd rather have Zeus than Andrews if the prices are close. Having a RT who can play a great LT is valuable. That way your swing tackle can just concentrate on and be best suited for/get by at RT. If Stanley goes down again and we don't have Zeus there's a HUGE drop off at one of the most important positions.

The other part of it is that LJ is so good over the middle no matter who he's targeting. Look at Boyle and Snead as the main examples. Also, we have a team full of slot WRs. Boykin should be in the slot, he can be our "back up rec TE".

Lastly, any speculation on how we can handle things is really dependent on when the cap is settled. We gotta know what we're working with to make predictions. Hope they figure it out soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=