90 replies to this topic

#81 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 11:41 AM

They're going to need to land a big in the transfer market. If they accomplish that (after striking out last Spring); there is enough talent on the roster to do good things. 

The fanbase is not going to be willing to buy in until there is a change at the top though.

I long for the day, the men get back to a dual with the women terps to see which team goes further.

#82 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 January 2021 - 12:38 PM

I was doing really random stuff around the house and missed this game.  It's always a bummer when they don't even compete.  

Was it bad effort or just simply outclassed by a really good Michigan team?

Mainly because I don't have the good sense God gave me, I watched the whole game.   MIchigan is in an entirely different level than Maryland, which in itself is an issue, but I thought effort was lacking last night.  Michigan hit Maryland in the mouth early last night and Maryland seemed to accept it, and basically went through the motions.

They showed a lack of running an offense, lack of rotating on defense, and IMO a lack of effort.  It was very disappointing to see.

@mikeghg

#83 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 January 2021 - 12:40 PM

Morsell felt like he got hit in the face and screamed at the ref, earning a technical.  Turgeon was standing up for him.

I think Morsell's reaction was a cumulative effect, he thought he was fouled a few other times and it wasn't called and then getting hit in the face when he's already injured there was the last straw.

No doubt, he got hit in the head.  I was surprised they did not look at it.  Wagner, had been jawing a little during the game and I think Morsell lost it a little when Wagner hit him, and the ref missed it.  Very similar to the play where he got injured.

@mikeghg

#84 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 20 January 2021 - 03:28 PM

I think Durkin was a home run hire at the time. And I think Lox is basically the best he could hope for given the circumstances.

Yeah obviously we'll need to see results on the field soon but when Lox is getting 5-star WRs to go here instead of LSU, I think he's earned a pretty good chance to see just what the ceiling is with that kind of recruiting 

she/her

#85 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 20 January 2021 - 06:47 PM

They're going to need to land a big in the transfer market. If they accomplish that (after striking out last Spring); there is enough talent on the roster to do good things. 

The fanbase is not going to be willing to buy in until there is a change at the top though.

Do we have any chance at Efton Reid?  He's the #3 center in the 2021 class and hasn't declared or even narrowed his field down.

#86 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 07:36 PM

Do we have any chance at Efton Reid? He's the #3 center in the 2021 class and hasn't declared or even narrowed his field down.

I'll have to ask people more plugged in.
Know Maryland was involved at one point, but haven't seen any real connection to Maryland since early '20.

#87 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 02:46 AM

I wonder how much Turgeon's legacy and job security change if he actually wins the B1G tourney or he makes a good tourney run last year.  I suspect a lot more people would be willing to give him a pass.  But alas s**t happens, and sometimes s**t teams happen, like this year's team.

#88 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:33 AM

I wonder how much Turgeon's legacy and job security change if he actually wins the B1G tourney or he makes a good tourney run last year. I suspect a lot more people would be willing to give him a pass. But alas s**t happens, and sometimes s**t teams happen, like this year's team.

Or how much does his reputation of being incapable of winning in March get cemented if he exits in the 2nd round of each again?
  • BSLRoseKatz likes this

#89 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 January 2021 - 11:20 AM

Do we have any chance at Efton Reid?  He's the #3 center in the 2021 class and hasn't declared or even narrowed his field down.

I do not see Maryland connected to him, on any of the recruiting sites.

@mikeghg

#90 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 21 January 2021 - 02:00 PM

Or how much does his reputation of being incapable of winning in March get cemented if he exits in the 2nd round of each again?

I feel like they would've had to sweat out the R64 game (almost losing to Nebraska concerned me) and if they got past that, it could've definitely been an Elite Eight team

she/her

#91 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 05:36 PM

Well I don't think cementing a preexisting notion has the same effect on expectations and opinions as an event that breaks them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=