2525 replies to this topic

#161 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 04:30 AM

Judon is definitely showing his lack of maturity in this twitter mess. While I understand why he may be frustrated with Hensley over the report, bringing the man's family into the issue was over the line.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#162 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 08:02 AM

Judon is definitely showing his lack of maturity in this twitter mess. While I understand why he may be frustrated with Hensley over the report, bringing the man's family into the issue was over the line.

He's going to find it may cost him the money he's seeking. Can a team trust this guy.

• Mike B and russsnyder like this

#163 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 10:06 AM

Can Judon spell, Blackmail! Do as I say or else.

Don't let the door hit you on way out....

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#164 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:20 PM

Not safe to say, IMO. I really doubt the Ravens care quite that much about how their players interact with reporters. If they wanted him back before today, they still will after this ridiculousness.

I agreed until the blackmail crap came out. Ravens should 100% care as soon as threats like that started to get made.

#165 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:07 PM

If the two sides were close I would think a deal would have been struck by now.  Judon's antics remind me of CJ Mosely before he walked.  I expect a similar end result here.

#166 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:26 PM

He's going to find it may cost him the money he's seeking. Can a team trust this guy.

I have always defended Matt, but this is just stupid.  

It is almost comical that a player is threatening to post pictures of a writer at a strip club.  I wonder how he got the pictures.  

Bottom line, Who the hell cares?

@mikeghg

#167 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:14 PM

How incriminating are these strip club pictures anyway? He look real drunk getting a lap dance? Doing a line off a stripper's ass?

On one hand, I feel kinda bad for Judon reaching his first shot at a big second contract under these circumstances, especially when he's already 28. But he sure is handling this situation poorly. I mean, what about social media drama could he have possibly thought would help him in this case?

Sometimes the anger gets the better of us, I guess. He's probably frustrated by everything about the process and the events that have led up to it.

#168 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:47 PM

I agreed until the blackmail crap came out. Ravens should 100% care as soon as threats like that started to get made.

Blackmail?  Did I miss something?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#169 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,345 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:49 PM

Blackmail?  Did I miss something?

Eventually, not sure if joking or not, but Judon basically said, tell the truth or i'm going to share the pictures of you at the strip club with your wife.

#170 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 03:14 PM

Who? Hensley? Geez.

@bopper33

#171 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,345 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 February 2021 - 04:02 PM

Who? Hensley? Geez.

Yes.

Honestly, first time I read that particular remark, I thought he was just joking. One of those mean jokes, but ultimately still just dogging you type of things. I could be very wrong.

I'm stopping myself from forming an opinion on any of this though, because I don't know the whole story. 

#172 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 04:51 PM

I mean if Hensley wants to enjoy himself at a strip club I got no beef

@bopper33

#173 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,281 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 05:00 PM

So unless I missed something Judons only beef is Hensley reporting Judon turned down an extension in season. Correct? I dont get why there is this much drama. Hensley surely got that info from a legit source even if the info isnt 100% accurate.

#174 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 05:19 PM

So unless I missed something Judons only beef is Hensley reporting Judon turned down an extension in season. Correct? I dont get why there is this much drama. Hensley surely got that info from a legit source even if the info isnt 100% accurate.

I believe he also blames him for the $20 mil a season talk.

#175 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 05:21 PM

I mean if Hensley wants to enjoy himself at a strip club I got no beef

But that may depend on what Mrs Hensley thinks .     :???:

#176 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 06:47 PM

Bottom line, all Judon has to do is keep his mouth shut. Why does he care so much about what gets reported? I imagine it is false, I can't believe the Ravens offered that much and Judon said no. Especially knowing that the cap was going the wrong way.

But in any case, even if the Ravens don't offer him what he wants. He hits the open market, and lord knows their is always at least one dumb team with too much money, willing to overpay him. See Paul Kruger.
  • Steve55 likes this

#177 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:26 AM

The Judon thing is one I see both sides of in theory. We know the press publishes things that aren't true, or are at least twisted and mis-characterized. I know I get mad any time someone says something that's wrong about me or my actions or my words or my kids, etc.

The media, both for better and for worse, have the protective umbrella of "protecting their source" and using unnamed sources, liberally and almost without any hindrance whatsoever.

Anybody else writes a non-fiction paper, a research article, a school thesis or essay, etc... You're expected to document your sources thoroughly. Provide evidence or access to backing information. Etc.

That "unnamed source" holy grail that is clung to as the sacred standard that we cannot question. Judon was asking for that detail. Maybe Hensley's completely wrong with it. Maybe he has a bad source, or that source lied. Regardless, to Judon's perspective... If it's not true, I get the anger at it being published. Maybe he could have handled it better, like a call to Hensley to say so and ask where he got the information (whether Jamison might give him that info is another matter). Maybe Hensley did (or should have) tried to confirm with Judon first???

As for Judon the player... I see him as a good player, a plus player, but also one that fits a mold the Ravens have been fairly good at finding in the draft pretty consistently. I would not push any budget constraints to keep him longer term.

#178 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 10:14 PM

With Judon this is just another example of his inability to control his emotions.  A battle back and forth with a reporter is one thing, but when he escalated it to pictures and saying Hensly cheated on his wife, that was enough for me.  Let him walk.  He's probably going to anyway.  There are plenty of teams with a lot of cap space, someone will overpay him. 

#179 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 10:36 PM

It would appear that Dez Bryant is not the only disgruntled WR.  Snead and Brown have been on twitter and what they are saying about the Raven's offense is not flattering and is not going to help convince FA WR's to come to Baltimore.  I don't necessarily disagree with their conclusions, but the way they are handling it is not helpful to the team.  I guess Snead has made up his mind to move on, but Brown really needs to shut up.  He hasn't proven much of anything to me.  He doesn't get a lot of separation running routes, he doesn't fight for the tough balls, and he crumples up like a little girl to avoid contact.  He has speed and right now he is a one trick pony.   He needs to grow a pair before taking to twitter to complain about the offense. 

On the same day Dez Bryant said Baltimore wasn’t a good fit for him, fellow pending free agent Willie Snead posted a cryptic message on Twitter that was seemingly pointed at the Ravens. In that and subsequent posts, Snead appeared to call out Baltimore’s offense and coaching staff for a lack of opportunities.

However, what is far more alarming is the fact Snead doesn’t appear to be alone in sharing this viewpoint. Marquise Brown hasn’t exactly been silent on the matter either.

An offense can’t function nearly as well if a chunk of the players isn’t buying into what’s happening. And for a team that desperately needs help at tight end and wide receiver, these public complaints can’t be doing the Ravens any favors with pending free agents. These types of issues can derail a team, and with Baltimore so close to a Super Bowl, not addressing these concerns would be malpractice by the Ravens’ top brass.

https://ravenswire.u...ravens-offense/

#180 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,281 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 10:41 PM

Ravens brass needs to stick to the gameplan and play with the guys we draft and are willing to sign here. The offense works. Its efficient. You get this grand idea to have Lamar throw 30+ times a game and the raw numbers will be higher but the offense will be less efficient. Its the WRs who are complaining and granted its overwhelmingly a throwing league but zagging when others zig can be good. I promise you the OL and RBs like the style we play.
  • BSLChrisStoner, Mike in STL and Steve55 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=