2525 replies to this topic

#241 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 02:33 PM

Would love to make a run at Golladay. I'd prioritize him over extending Andrews or a top level guy at any other position. If we can make one splash, that's the guy I go after.

Won't criticize if they temper the aggression and spread the wealth across more 2nd or 3rd tier FAs, but that's not the route I'd go.

#242 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 02:36 PM

Gotta figure Golladay is gonna get PAID now, regardless of the lower cap. Maybe Marvin Jones number will be reasonable enough the Ravens could make a run, but I suspect we better plan on some cap casualty vet that becomes available over the next few days.

Scherff's tagged. I'm not sure about Thuney, but if he's in FA I'm sure he'll get top of the market guard money. Don't even want to get my hopes up for Linsley, since he'll probably be the next best lineman available, regardless of position. Might have to go for a guy like Mack who's past his prime but reliable and can bring some valuable leadership and experience.

• Steve55 likes this

#243 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 March 2021 - 02:43 PM

Would love to make a run at Golladay. I'd prioritize him over extending Andrews or a top level guy at any other position. If we can make one splash, that's the guy I go after.

Won't criticize if they temper the aggression and spread the wealth across more 2nd or 3rd tier FAs, but that's not the route I'd go.

Agreed. And I trust the Ravens much more at drafting and developing a TE than a WR.

#244 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 06:02 PM

The Athletic reporting that the Lions won’t Franchise tag Kenny Golladay. If the Ravens don’t find the money, hope he stays in the NFC.

I did see he turned down $18 mil a season from the Lions. Not sure if teams may see him as injury prone.

#245 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 06:04 PM

Gotta figure Golladay is gonna get PAID now, regardless of the lower cap. Maybe Marvin Jones number will be reasonable enough the Ravens could make a run, but I suspect we better plan on some cap casualty vet that becomes available over the next few days.

Scherff's tagged. I'm not sure about Thuney, but if he's in FA I'm sure he'll get top of the market guard money. Don't even want to get my hopes up for Linsley, since he'll probably be the next best lineman available, regardless of position. Might have to go for a guy like Mack who's past his prime but reliable and can bring some valuable leadership and experience.

If anything to squeeze a year or 2 out of Mack wouldn't be bad until a possible draft choice takes over.

#246 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 11:52 AM

KC just released both of their starting tackles. Maybe you see what they would be willing to give up for Brown.
  • BSLChrisStoner and Mike B like this

#247 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 03:00 PM

KC just released both of their starting tackles. Maybe you see what they would be willing to give up for Brown.

They let them go because the one may retire and the other may not play at all this season after tearing his achilles in January. They are still over the cap even with doing this. Fisher might come back to them on a cheap will he or not play this year. Not sure if they would part with #31 pick, but do we want them to be better trading them Brown .?

#248 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 March 2021 - 03:09 PM

I would take their #31 and maybe a 4 for Brown.

@mikeghg

#249 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 03:41 PM

I think I'd rather not make KC better. Let them struggle with losing both their starting OTs under their current cap situation. If it's true there are six teams currently interested, one of them should be able to make a similar or better offer.

Now, if they want to make us a Bill O'Brien offer, then by all means.

• Mike in STL and sandiegosean like this

#250 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 06:35 PM

Would rather not trade him to KC unless they far and away have the best offer. Hopefully they do get involved and drive up the price.

Sorry I haven't been posting much. Been working a lot on videos and preparing for the draft. Feel free to check it out. I put out a video on Orlando and some on the pending free agents. Trying to get them finished by the start of free agency.

Hope everybody's been doing well!

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#251 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 07:16 PM

If the Ravens truly believe they are an AFC superbowl contender, I'm not sure helping KC get better is a good idea.  They already haven't been able to beat KC and a big reason for that is they can't get to Mahomes without a sell out blitz.  Giving him more protection won't make it any easier.  I think I would take a lesser offer to ship Brown over to the other conference.

#252 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 06:46 AM

If the Ravens truly believe they are an AFC superbowl contender, I'm not sure helping KC get better is a good idea. They already haven't been able to beat KC and a big reason for that is they can't get to Mahomes without a sell out blitz. Giving him more protection won't make it any easier. I think I would take a lesser offer to ship Brown over to the other conference.

I take best offer regardless. Unless it's in division. Sure, we're "helping" KC. But we'd also be depleting their other resources. If we're saying KC and, let's say, Dallas, have similar offers valuewise, then, yeah, obviously you ship him to the NFC. But if KC has the best deal on the table, you can't cut your nose to spite your face.

With that said, I'm really hoping this Brown situation comes to a head sooner than later. Give the Ravens the most amount of time and resources available to replace him.

#253 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 12 March 2021 - 08:05 AM

Pernell McPhee back in Baltimore per Adam Schefter.
  • sandiegosean likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#254 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 08:38 AM

Pernell McPhee back in Baltimore per Adam Schefter.

Good to hear. Hes a really good rotational player. Really would love to see Bowser get done. With Bowser McPhee and Ferguson locked in, I feel like EDC can the lock in on letting Ngakoue and Judon roll and focus on maybe a vet like Miller or an early pick to fill out the edge.

#255 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 09:50 AM

ESPN: Ice cream cake and Warren Buffett: Deciphering Ravens' free-agent plan

https://www.espn.com...free-agent-plan

#256 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 10:20 AM

I like looking at the released player pool, with more to come. Lots of teams this year will be bargain shopping. All the fun starts Monday ( unofficially ). Unless Trent Williams goes back to SF, him, Golladay and Hunter Henry will be signed quickly. Not sure if there will be a bidding war over Zeitler. Let the rumors commence.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#257 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 10:44 AM

Houston makes a lot of sense. They'll bring in another vet pass rusher and try to resign Bowser to fill up the OLB/pash rush room. Draft one at some point too. I still think the focus in FA should be at C. Unless they have a lot of confidence one of the in house guys can play C and not have the issues Mekari and Skura did last year.

#258 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 11:49 AM

Houston makes a lot of sense. They'll bring in another vet pass rusher and try to resign Bowser to fill up the OLB/pash rush room. Draft one at some point too. I still think the focus in FA should be at C. Unless they have a lot of confidence one of the in house guys can play C and not have the issues Mekari and Skura did last year.

The center position was much better when they had Yanda around. Get a decent guard there like Zeitler and not over pay for someone like Thuney. Then draft a center unless they feel Colon Castillo is the answer

#259 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 12:30 PM

Or they feel confident in moving Powers or Bozeman there. If they move Brown Im curious if they'd pursue a RT in FA over interior OL

#260 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 12:46 PM

I dont think we really quite know what they make of the group of young guys like Powers, Colon Castillo, Bredeson, and Phillips. Do they feel like they have 1 starter from that group. 2?? None??. Thats a lot of depth there but is it only depth?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=