#361 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 March 2021 - 03:30 PM

Wow, 4 yrs $72 mil. How are they going to put that on their cap .

Good Question, but had the Ravens done that, we would have basically been done.  Or we would have had to cut a guy or two and create other needs.

My question is, How many seasons has Goladay played a full schedule?

@mikeghg

#362 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 05:02 PM

I love Golladay but don't think I'd have gone that high for him.
  • Mike in STL and Huddle It Up Films like this

#363 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 06:25 PM

Very possible a potential Brown trade could now have a WR coming back.
  • Huddle It Up Films likes this

#364 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 07:06 PM

I can't think of any WR that is available that if rather have than a late first. Well, ODB, but I don't see that happening in-division. Who are the possibilities that could be involved for Baby Zeus? Chark is nice but doesn't move the needle much.

#365 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 09:24 PM

4 years, 4 wins a year have fun on that team!

He got the money he wanted, although the Lions offered him that much last season and he said no .

#366 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 09:29 PM

Good Question, but had the Ravens done that, we would have basically been done.  Or we would have had to cut a guy or two and create other needs.

My question is, How many seasons has Goladay played a full schedule?

The Ravens offered JuJu $9 mil + incentives to make up to 13. He took the Steelers offer of 8 with them making it a 4 yr deal with voidable years. His cap is less than 2 and once he leaves next year they have a dead cap hit of $6 mil+.

#367 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 06:18 AM

4 years, 4 wins a year have fun on that team!

Players don't give a crap where they go as long as they get their money.  

#368 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 06:18 AM

I love Golladay but don't think I'd have gone that high for him.

He was never coming to Baltimore.  

#369 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 06:21 AM

Very possible a potential Brown trade could now have a WR coming back.

I cringe every time I think about that scenario but if Brown is hell bent on ultimately playing on the left side, you might as well see what you can get for him.  I would never settle for less than a first round pick because Brown is good enough to warrant that. 

#370 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 06:27 AM

I cringe every time I think about that scenario but if Brown is hell bent on ultimately playing on the left side, you might as well see what you can get for him. I would never settle for less than a first round pick because Brown is good enough to warrant that.

So do I. Knowing we're a center away from, by far the best offensive line in football with Brown at RT. It's very frustrating.

But he has made it clear, that's what he wants. I'd rather have another first as well. WR market has pretty much zero big time WR's left now. May be better off targeting Ertz instead. He'd at least give you someone to fill the Hurst role again.

Draft will be interesting. All depends on how it falls and if we're able to get another first for Brown beforehand.

#371 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 08:10 AM

He was never coming to Baltimore.

Why not?

#372 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 08:30 AM

If they want to shop the cut pile for signings not to mess up the comp picks there are some players they could use. Not sure how much Carlos Dunlop is looking for but he'd fill the pass rusher need. They could sign Trai Turner to play guard and move Bozeman to center. Not sure what Golden Tate has left to play on the outside.

I'm not seeing what some of our FA got moving on. I did see a couple got around $2 mil. Didn't see what Skura got. We might be able to get a WR just looking for a team, a low guarantee with incentives. That way it matches up with the these low end contracts.

#373 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 09:27 AM

Ravens.com: Late for Work 3/22: Pundits Say Vet WR Remains a Necessity

https://www.baltimor...sity-for-ravens

#374 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 01:26 PM

Right player at right price is the way to go. The Ravens are known to be very patient, maybe to a fault. It's worth noting that teams which throw a lot of money around at the top of the FA market (except I guess for NE) tend to be teams that suck. I often associate DeCosta etc. with the Moneyball wisdom, "The day I feel like I have to make a deal is the day I make a bad deal."

That said, it seems worth it to me to add a still effective veteran WR at bargain value. Watkins doesn't bring much that we don't already have on board, and while AB doesn't feel as risky as he did last year chemistry-wise, I still doubt the Ravens will be interested in his baggage. I think my favorite from the article would be Fitzgerald; call me old fashioned but I especially like guys that catch the ball. If the team brings in no FA receiver it wouldn't bother me. I'd be OK with bringing back Snead, who is tough and wily, but I doubt that will happen. There's some big pass catchers in the draft.

#375 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 07:03 PM

Per NFLPA's active salary cap report, Calais Campbell's base salary in 2021 has dropped from $10 million to $2 million and Brandon Williams' has dropped from $4.5 million to $1.5 million. So it appears the Ravens have done some contract restructuring.

• Mike in STL and sandiegosean like this

#376 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 08:19 AM

Why not?

Because no elite receiver(or one that thinks he's elite) is ever coming to play with this offense.  Too run oriented and targets will be very limited.  But you already know that. 

#377 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 08:29 AM

So do I. Knowing we're a center away from, by far the best offensive line in football with Brown at RT. It's very frustrating.

But he has made it clear, that's what he wants. I'd rather have another first as well. WR market has pretty much zero big time WR's left now. May be better off targeting Ertz instead. He'd at least give you someone to fill the Hurst role again.

Draft will be interesting. All depends on how it falls and if we're able to get another first for Brown beforehand.

Most mock drafts have the Bengals picking Penei Sewell at No. 5.  If they were willing to obtain Brown for that pick straight up, I'd jump all over it because Sewell is considered one of the best tackle prospects in years.  Sure, there's that risk that the he could go higher than 5 but I think it would be worth the transaction if Cincinnati would be willing.  And I doubt Sewell would be adverse to moving over to the right side like Brown was/is. 

#378 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 10:13 AM

Why would a team, especially one not really ready to compete, trade the opportunity to take “one of the best tackle prospects in years” for a guy who, while good, is just finishing his rookie contract? I mean I know it’s the Bengals, but if anything they err on the side of cheapness so...
  • bmore_ken and Huddle It Up Films like this

#379 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 10:18 AM

No way do we get the #5 for Brown, IMO. Somewhere in 20s and a 2nd or 3rd depending on how high seems close to best case to me.
  • Huddle It Up Films likes this

#380 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 10:21 AM

Because no elite receiver(or one that thinks he's elite) is ever coming to play with this offense. Too run oriented and targets will be very limited. But you already know that.

Disagree. Some guys will feel this way, but not all. Especially if the money is right.

No idea which group Golladay falls into. But the Giants were 26th in passing attempts in 2020 despite losing Saquon for the year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=