#741 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 July 2021 - 11:24 AM

I think it is unfortunate that Lamar will not be out there, with all the new receivers from day 1.  It is probably not that big of a deal because there will still be plenty of time left, when he gets back, but time is being lost.

@mikeghg

#742 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 28 July 2021 - 03:52 PM

They also said that he’d been tested every day, which I thought is only done with unvaccinated. I guess we’ll figure it out by when he comes back.

It sure sounds like that's the case. It's every individual's choice whether to get vaccinated or not, but frankly, if that's the case this is very disappointing.

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike B like this

#743 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 28 July 2021 - 04:23 PM

I think it is unfortunate that Lamar will not be out there, with all the new receivers from day 1. It is probably not that big of a deal because there will still be plenty of time left, when he gets back, but time is being lost.

One positive from this is that it will give McSorley and Huntley more reps and give the staff more to look at before picking one.

#744 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 July 2021 - 04:29 PM

One positive from this is that it will give McSorley and Huntley more reps and give the staff more to look at before picking one.

I am heading out to TC tomorrow morning.  It will be interesting to see how they break down the reps.

• Huddle It Up Films likes this
@mikeghg

#745 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 July 2021 - 04:32 PM

It sure sounds like that's the case. It's every individual's choice whether to get vaccinated or not, but frankly, if that's the case this is very disappointing.

IMO, the players who have made the decision not to get vaccinated are putting themselves over the team.  Lamar has never been selfish, but it seems that way in this case.

@mikeghg

#746 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 04:48 PM

IMO, the players who have made the decision not to get vaccinated are putting themselves over the team. Lamar has never been selfish, but it seems that way in this case.

It’s possible he felt he was fine since he already it. Maybe misinformed more than selfish. But it’s hard to know how these variants are going to act.

#747 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 July 2021 - 08:42 PM

It’s possible he felt he was fine since he already it. Maybe misinformed more than selfish. But it’s hard to know how these variants are going to act.

Fair point, but I think it is wise for anyone in a team setting or business setting, to get the shot.

@mikeghg

#748 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 July 2021 - 08:43 PM

Evidently Huntley and McSorley did well today.

@mikeghg

#749 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 08:47 PM

Evidently Huntley and McSorley did well today.

Is it that time in training camp already? :)

Ball comes out of their hands real nicely!

• Mashed Potatoes, PrimeTime and Huddle It Up Films like this

#750 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 09:13 PM

A couple things re: Lamar having covid.

1. My fiancée works in healthcare. The director of her office has not been vaccinated because she already had covid and figured it was unnecessary. If he thought that, that's not necessarily selfish of him, though it may be ignorant.

2. A lot of vaccinated people who test positive are asymptomatic, and they are shown to have Covid through a mandated test for their work. These infections are usually very mild and go away shortly. This likely happens with all sorts of things you vaccinate for, especially common illnesses like the flu.

I hope he's vaccinated or is at least taking things seriously, but I'm not ready to assume he's being selfish or stupid.
  • JordanKough and bmore_ken like this

#751 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 11:15 PM

The news tonight just said Jackson will miss 10 days, that he was unvaccinated.

Get the GD shot for FFS.

Yes. I hold the leader of the team, the face of the franchise, the guy this team lives or dies with, the guy you are going to give a ridiculously huge contract to at some point, to a higher standard than Gus Edwards.

Harbaugh takes the team on a field trip every year. Does this years have to be to Walgreens?
  • Mike B and DuffMan like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#752 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 July 2021 - 05:39 AM

The news tonight just said Jackson will miss 10 days, that he was unvaccinated.

Get the GD shot for FFS.

Yes. I hold the leader of the team, the face of the franchise, the guy this team lives or dies with, the guy you are going to give a ridiculously huge contract to at some point, to a higher standard than Gus Edwards.

Harbaugh takes the team on a field trip every year. Does this years have to be to Walgreens?

I keep hearing it is a personal choice, but when you are in close quarters, for 8 months with a group of guys with a unified goal, is it really?  Protect your team mates, protect yourself, get the shot.

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike in STL like this
@mikeghg

#753 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 06:36 AM

Maybe we can step off of our pedestals for a moment and get back to the guys on the field...

Hearing that Andre Smith is getting beat left and right. Apparently Bowser made him look silly all day. Now while I would like to believe Bowser has just made a huge improvement and become an elite pass rusher, I think it's more likely that Smith is pretty much just terrible.

Also have seen that Odafe Oweh looks exactly like you'd expect from a raw athlete with no pads on. Weak, basic pass rushing moves that lead to no pressure all day from him. I think we need to temper expectations with Oweh for this season. I think he's a long game type player.

On a positive, Bateman looks the part of a #1 WR. Phenomenal route runner, and is holding his own as a pro so far. Always good to hear. I have a good feeling that Bateman may finally be the guy who actually becomes something as a first round WR for the Ravens.
  • Huddle It Up Films likes this

#754 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 07:26 AM

Balt Sun: Jackson’s poor decision-making again puts himself and the Ravens in a difficult spot

https://www.baltimor...4n74-story.html

#755 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 07:27 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens training camp observations on backup quarterbacks, new-look offensive line, Marquise Brown, J.K. Dobbins and more

#756 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 07:29 AM

RSR: Camp Notes

https://russellstree...usel-continues/

#757 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 08:48 AM

I keep hearing it is a personal choice, but when you are in close quarters, for 8 months with a group of guys with a unified goal, is it really? Protect your team mates, protect yourself, get the shot.

Exactly. He wants to win a super bowl but won’t get a shot that allows him a better chance at playing sooner if another positive test comes along, god forbid sometime in January. Priorities.

If 90% of the team is vaccinated, as they have reported, that is 81 guys. So two of the nine that aren’t vaxxed got it.
@BSLMikeRandall

#758 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 09:17 AM

Exactly. He wants to win a super bowl but won’t get a shot that allows him a better chance at playing sooner if another positive test comes along, god forbid sometime in January. Priorities.

If 90% of the team is vaccinated, as they have reported, that is 81 guys. So two of the nine that aren’t vaxxed got it.

Unfortunately, Lamar is among many who have become defiant about the vaccine.  Either it's being driven by political bullshit or just complete misinformation.  Apparently 20% of adults in this Country believe that the government is injecting people with micro chips so that they can control and monitor their every move.  I could definitely see Lamar being one of those people, as incredibly stupid as that sounds.  He obviously felt he was impervious to the virus since he had it once, although there's ample information out there stating the complete opposite.  I'm certain that the players were given all the latest, medical data concerning the variants out there and what was at stake if not vaccinated.  Hopefully, this will be confined to only Edwards and Jackson.  

#759 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 09:44 AM

I get what you're saying, and, I don't necessarily disagree. But at the same time, chances are a vaccinated individual or individuals on the team passed the virus to Jackson and Edwards.

Players who have gotten the shot think they're completely immune to the virus, which is not the case. They can get it just as easily, they are in most cases, just asymptomatic. If we're going to ride Jackson for being irresponsible, is it not just as irresponsible and selfish for the vaccinated individuals to go out carelessly knowing they could bring the virus into the locker room and infect the unvaccinated players?

I for one am not going to bash anyone for not wanting to get shot that was created and run out in less than a year. We preach against GMO's, processed sugars and other chemicals being used in the food industry. Then turn around and question people, or call people idiots, that are scared to put a concoction created by big pharma and pushed by a governing body that's responsible for things like Project MKUltra. I wholeheartedly believe in vaccines, and trust the science behind them. Diseases like Polio are almost completely eradicated due to proven vaccines. However, if someone is apprehensive, and wants to question a new vaccine that was created in less than a year, isn't even fully approved by the FDA yet, and wants to wait to see the long term effectiveness, and the potential long term side effects it may cause, before taking it. I don't really blame them.

As far as Lamar Jackson is concerned, he believes he is looking out for his own long term health and safety by not taking the vaccine. Maybe he's wrong. 5 years from now, he may wish he would have just trusted it and taken it. 15 years from now, maybe he'll see an ad from a lawyer group offering class action settlement for long term health effects caused by the vaccine, and he'll be glad he never took it. Back in the 60's and 70's, i'm sure people were calling anyone not using asbestos an idiot for not using it. Point being, no one knows the affects this vaccine will have long term. And for a virus that currently only has .6% (87,000 out of 14 million) of current infected individuals in serious condition worldwide, it's going to be hard to convince a 24 year old he NEEDS to get a vaccine.
  • PrimeTime and russsnyder like this

#760 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 10:19 AM

Unfortunately, Lamar is among many who have become defiant about the vaccine. Either it's being driven by political bullshit or just complete misinformation. Apparently 20% of adults in this Country believe that the government is injecting people with micro chips so that they can control and monitor their every move. I could definitely see Lamar being one of those people, as incredibly stupid as that sounds. He obviously felt he was impervious to the virus since he had it once, although there's ample information out there stating the complete opposite. I'm certain that the players were given all the latest, medical data concerning the variants out there and what was at stake if not vaccinated. Hopefully, this will be confined to only Edwards and Jackson.

I’m not going to speculate on what he believes. Calais Campbell, one of the 11 players on the NFLPA Executive Committee, has been giving all these guys the proper information about the shot, been a sounding board for players with concerns about the shot. He debunks myths about the shot. He admits it’s part of his job to disseminate the information but it’s up to the player to decide what to do, and he’s not there to force it on someone.

He can’t say top priority is the Super Bowl if he won’t get vaxxed. If he pops positive Monday before a playoff game, he has five, six days to test negative twice if he has gotten the shot. If he doesn’t and this happens, seasons over right there. They aren’t winning a playoff game without him.

I don’t care what he believes. I hope this is a wake up call and some of his teammates express their concern over that last point and he gets the shots.
  • BSLMikeLowe likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=