#41 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:43 PM

Wrong. Peyton looks the part to people like Tide. I'm sure he had all the faith in Boller too.

I wasn’t a Boller fan either .... I thought he was a long shot when he was drafted.

*** Nice racist crack**** your boy shit the bed last night and you don’t even have enough integrity to admit it.

Roll Tide

#42 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:45 PM

I’m not cutting him this off-season. I’m playing out his contract and if need to tag him after year 5. I’m drafting a guy in the draft. If Jackson turns out to be what you think he will be then you have an asset and if not you move on. You think he will and I don’t!

And its a guarantee that the guy you draft is better than Lamar?

QB's are a crapshoot. Hell, you would have been sour on Allen prior to this season. The fact that you think it's impossible that Lamar develops and evolves is ridiculous. I'll put my money on Lamar's continues development at 23 years old, vs a random rookie QB not named Trevor Lawrence.

#43 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:46 PM

I wasn’t a Boller fan either .... I thought he was a long shot when he was drafted.

*** Nice racist crack**** your boy shit the bed last night and you don’t even have enough integrity to admit it.

He could've thrown for 400 yards and put up 40 points and you'd find something wrong with the performance. You are who you are, I really just wish you'd go away. Every Ravens conversation has to be about this ridiculous garbage since you've shown up. You make this place worse.

#44 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 January 2021 - 04:08 PM

He could've thrown for 400 yards and put up 40 points and you'd find something wrong with the performance. You are who you are, I really just wish you'd go away. Every Ravens conversation has to be about this ridiculous garbage since you've shown up. You make this place worse.

LOL good luck with that! 

Again, your boy shit the bed last night and you can lie to yourself if you’d like and blame everyone else to make you feel better. But, the reality that he was bad is still there. 

Roll Tide

#45 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 January 2021 - 04:12 PM

And its a guarantee that the guy you draft is better than Lamar?

QB's are a crapshoot. Hell, you would have been sour on Allen prior to this season. The fact that you think it's impossible that Lamar develops and evolves is ridiculous. I'll put my money on Lamar's continues development at 23 years old, vs a random rookie QB not named Trevor Lawrence.

So you don’t try? 

Draft another QB and run 3 more seasons Lamar. If he turns into all you think he will be great and you have a trade-able asset. If not you have invested in a guy that should be ready.

Roll Tide

#46 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 04:18 PM

So you don’t try?

Draft another QB and run 3 more seasons Lamar. If he turns into all you think he will be great and you have a trade-able asset. If not you have invested in a guy that should be ready.

Why waste draft capital when you have a 23 year old QB playing at a high level?
  • bmore_ken likes this

#47 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 04:44 PM

Trading for Watson is an interesting choice. Watson is 29-27 as a starter, including 1-2 in the playoffs. More importantly for some, he is 5-18 when trailing after the first quarter, a worse % than Lamar's 2-7. He couldn't close a playoff game with a 24-0 lead. Even more importantly, in 2018 he had 220 sacks+hits+runs, same as Lamar last year, so we know he can have that problem too, in a Greg Roman offense he's def running over 100 times a year. And passing weapons, our best WR is probably HOU's #3 even after trading one of the best WR in the league. Maybe if we actually had him and watched him every week a lot of the same complaints would come up that are coming up now.

#48 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,028 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 04:48 PM

Watson's awesome. Top 5 QB for sure.  Obviously not happening here.  Seems like Jets might be the favorite. 

#49 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 17 January 2021 - 05:31 PM

LOL good luck with that!

Again, your boy shit the bed last night and you can lie to yourself if you’d like and blame everyone else to make you feel better. But, the reality that he was bad is still there.

"Your boy" as if there's this small but vocal minority that thinks Lamar is a good qb.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#50 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 January 2021 - 05:33 PM

"Your boy" as if there's this small but vocal minority that thinks Lamar is a good qb.

Its a thing between him and I

Roll Tide

#51 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 05:43 PM

LOL good luck with that!

Also, other than the interception Lamar and Allen had fairly similar rate numbers, with Lamar beating him in YPA and Allen beating him in total yardage largely because Allen had a center that wasn't trying to get his QB killed. The interception was terrible but they basically traded a sack-fumble for an interception. The sack-fumble was a lucky break for Allen because the Ravens had a good chance at recovering.

The int was bad but he didn't even have the chance to redeem himself because he got knocked out of the game. Unless you're blaming Lamar for not being able to receive a snap that's 5 feet wide.

#52 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 January 2021 - 05:59 PM

Also, other than the interception Lamar and Allen had fairly similar rate numbers, with Lamar beating him in YPA and Allen beating him in total yardage largely because Allen had a center that wasn't trying to get his QB killed. The interception was terrible but they basically traded a sack-fumble for an interception. The sack-fumble was a lucky break for Allen because the Ravens had a good chance at recovering.

The int was bad but he didn't even have the chance to redeem himself because he got knocked out of the game. Unless you're blaming Lamar for not being able to receive a snap that's 5 feet wide.

They scored 3 points Hallas! If you credit him for Tucker’s misses 9 in three quarters. He was completely eliminated running by the scheme and the blitz. If they do that scheme to Mahomes or Brees/Rodgers/Brady in the Super Bowl they will eat that defense alive. Put it on anyone you want but that was mostly on Jackson. 

As I’ve mentioned, he’s a momentum player good or bad. If he’s rolling and the team is up he’s confident. If he’s not he’s borderline terrible. 

Twice in two weeks he’s thrown a terrible interception at the worst possible time and they weren’t tip balls or anything...just terrible passes. 

Roll Tide

#53 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 06:01 PM

They scored 3 points Hallas!

The Bills scored 10. Should they be looking to switch Allen to TE?

Your arguments are completely malleable to whatever most recent flaw was displayed and then you over extrapolate that to be some disqualifying trait. It's horrendous logically and completely unfair in terms of honest conversation.
  • makoman likes this

#54 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 January 2021 - 06:02 PM

This Bills scored 10. Should they be looking to switch Allen to TE?

Agree to disagree 

Roll Tide

#55 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 06:07 PM

Agree to disagree

So no Allen shouldnt be a TE?

#56 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 06:09 PM

Agree to disagree

Ravens get in field goal range 3 times, our HOF kicker misses 2 of them, and somehow its Jackson's fault. Bills score 10 in the same time frame and its not a knock on Allen?

#57 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 06:10 PM

The Bills scored 10. Should they be looking to switch Allen to TE?

Your arguments are completely malleable to whatever most recent flaw was displayed and then you over extrapolate that to be some disqualifying trait. It's horrendous logically and completely unfair in terms of honest conversation.

Yeah as i said above, he mentioned trading for Watson but Watson would fail many of the things he’s been arguing about.

I think both are top end QBs btw.

#58 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 January 2021 - 06:14 PM

Yeah as i said above, he mentioned trading for Watson but Watson would fail many of the things he’s been arguing about.

I think both are top end QBs btw.

When I said trade for Watson I was replying to a specific post. I am adamantly against paying nearly any QB 30-45 million per season on a deal that nets him 100+ million. 

Roll Tide

#59 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 06:17 PM

So you'd never sign a quarterback beyond their rookie deal. I guess every team that's ever found a decent QB must be really stupid. Because every team keeps good QBs. Nobody has ever moved on from even an average QB without a solution already in house.

#60 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 January 2021 - 06:25 PM

So you'd never sign a quarterback beyond their rookie deal. I guess every team that's ever found a decent QB must be really stupid. Because every team keeps good QBs. Nobody has ever moved on from even an average QB without a solution already in house.

I’m not in favor of contracts that put teams in salary cap hell. I’ve posted a contract extension proposal that would make it palatable and you’d be able to cut bait after 3 years if Jackson doesn’t improve. It’s interesting that none of you responded either time. Because you just want to be combative, make false accusations, and other bull!

I think Jackson’s passing game has holes. I think he has cracked in the playoffs and against better teams this year under pressure. You don’t have to agree. But, many of the statements in the game thread by many of you is more indicative of his play. At least I’m not playing both sides.
Roll Tide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=