#21 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:06 PM

Honestly, 3 out of 4 playoff games have been subpar and really only scored 20 last week in the game we won. The Bills completely took away the run, especially from Jackson. 

Did he choke or can’t handle the pressure? Pedro called him dumb which I obviously don’t think is true. I just think he makes untimely bad decisions and is streaky. When his confidence is high he plays all world and the ability to run opens up the pass. When the games are tight against good teams he struggles. There were passes there that he clearly missed.

30 plus points per games against the have nots and 13 points per game in the playoffs. 

The defense showed up big and folks will want to blame Roman or Harbaugh. But, they put the ball in the hands of what they perceive as their best player and he couldn’t get it done.

Huntley came in and the passing game was suddenly there! If he hits Brown on that pass and Andrews on the final offense play we could’ve one.

Im not putting the game all on Jackson as the snapping, Koch’ punt, and missed kicks by Tucker really hurt. But, you put the ball in the hands of your best player and expect him to get it done. 

Guys like Rodgers and Brees hit the quick passes and stop the defense from stacking the box. Huntley did that upon entering the game. But, Jackson wasn’t capable. 

I know you guys hate it ...but it’s a mistake to give Lamar a big contract.

https://ravenswire.u...s-nfl-playoffs/

I want a direct yes or no answer to this. Did you enjoy the 3 years in a row the Ravens missed the playoffs before Lamar took over as starter?

#22 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:07 PM

Huntley came in and the passing game was suddenly there! If he hits Brown on that pass and Andrews on the final offense play we could’ve won.

OK, so basically you're admitting you're just a troll? That makes sense now.

#23 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:58 PM

OK, so basically you're admitting you're just a troll? That makes sense now.

The guy is a ridiculous broken record. He looks forward to this day every year.

#24 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:01 PM

What's the alternative?

Draft another QB

Roll Tide

#25 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:03 PM

I want a direct yes or no answer to this. Did you enjoy the 3 years in a row the Ravens missed the playoffs before Lamar took over as starter?

Yes and it’s obvious Joe was done. But, not enough to make a 100+ million dollar error. 

Roll Tide

#26 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:05 PM

You're intolerable with this.

Did we watch the same game last night? Oh I get it, when they win Jackson put the team on his back and truly showed why he’s the MVP. When they lose its because of everyone else.

Roll Tide

#27 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:10 PM

Did we watch the same game last night? Oh I get it, when they win Jackson put the team on his back and truly showed why he’s the MVP. When they lose its because of everyone else.

Win as a team lose as a team. Plenty of blame to go around. Jackson pick 6. Mekari can’t snap, got his QB concussed in the process. Dobbins can’t catch. 2 men covering 3 receivers on the Diggs TD. Tucker is human. Koch shanked a punt.
  • 1970 likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#28 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,261 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:10 PM

Draft another QB

Yeah. Our 23 year old Unanimous MVP, with one of the best work ethics and drive in the NFL, has absolutely no chance of developing further. Lets give up on him now and take a lottery ticket rookie who will more than likely take 2+ years to develop.

I forgot how easy it was to just "draft another QB" in this league.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#29 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,702 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:12 PM

We could trade our next 4 first round picks for Deshaun Watson and convert Lamar to WR?
  • NewMarketSean and 1970 like this

#30 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:13 PM

The solution is simple. Extend him and keep his cap number reasonable for the next 3 years. 4th year it jumps up significantly. If he isnt making the same impact as he is now thats when you consider moving on. After year 4. You do everything you can the next 3 years to win a title. The window is still wide open.

#31 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:16 PM

With an extension you can lower what his number will be next year and his 5th year and likely even lower it from what it would be to use a tag in year 6. Thats why you extend him now and not just play out his rookie deal and use a tag.

#32 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,261 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:22 PM

So, Jackson snaps the ball, kicks the ball, blocks for himself and catches his own passes?

I have no problem criticizing his play. The whole first half was terrible. BUT he led the team to 2 FGA's that were missed. And went right down the field on their first possession of the 2nd half. He then threw a terrible INT that turned into a 100 yard pick 6.

INT is 100% on him. He played average at best yesterday. So did 10 other guys last night on offense. Line didn't block. Recievers didn't get open. Coordinator didn't adjust in time, and called a horrible game.

Blame goes around on offense. Lamar is part of that. No doubt.

Just like the wins. It takes 11 guys on offense.

Your answer of "just draft another QB" is about the dumbest solution to the post season problem.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#33 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:30 PM

We could trade our next 4 first round picks for Deshaun Watson and convert Lamar to WR?

We could trade Jackson for Watson

Roll Tide

#34 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:32 PM

So, Jackson snaps the ball, kicks the ball, blocks for himself and catches his own passes?

I have no problem criticizing his play. The whole first half was terrible. BUT he led the team to 2 FGA's that were missed. And went right down the field on their first possession of the 2nd half. He then threw a terrible INT that turned into a 100 yard pick 6.

INT is 100% on him. He played average at best yesterday. So did 10 other guys last night on offense. Line didn't block. Recievers didn't get open. Coordinator didn't adjust in time, and called a horrible game.

Blame goes around on offense. Lamar is part of that. No doubt.

Just like the wins. It takes 11 guys on offense.

Your answer of "just draft another QB" is about the dumbest solution to the post season problem.

When he wins it was him carrying the team and when he loses its on everybody else! The game was far from perfect on many fronts. But, he couldn’t beat the blitz with the short passing game.

Roll Tide

#35 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:34 PM

Roll Tide would have moved on from Peyton Manning in 2001.

Had a down year then and hadn’t won a playoff game yet.

Finding a franchise QB is hard. Finding an elite franchise QB is even harder.

Pay Lamar and continue to give him weapons to win.
  • bmore_ken and Huddle It Up Films like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#36 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,261 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:35 PM

When he wins it was him carrying the team and when he loses its on everybody else! The game was far from perfect on many fronts. But, he couldn’t beat the blitz with the short passing game.

He did. He went right down the field on them on his first possession of the 2nd half. He made one really bad pass that whole drive, and unfortunately it led to 6 points the other way.

His OC calls the plays. Its as much on the coordinator to call plays to beat the blitz as much as the QB. Coming out after thr Bills TD, they did that. Then the next drive his center airmailed the snap and got him killed.

#37 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,261 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:37 PM

No, no. Didnt you know. Drafting QB's is simple. You just, draft another one. Boom, superbowl contenders. Its so easy.

#38 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:38 PM

With an extension you can lower what his number will be next year and his 5th year and likely even lower it from what it would be to use a tag in year 6. Thats why you extend him now and not just play out his rookie deal and use a tag.

this is what I would do

Watson got a 4 year extension and Mahomes a 10 year. They could give him a 5-6 year deal with very low bases a big bonus and bases that can be cut later without huge salary impact!

According to Spotrac, Lamar Jackson has a market value of around $43.5 million per year on a four-year contract extension. Bridging the gap in annual value between Mahomes at $45 million and Watson at $39 million seems reasonable.

https://www.profootb...ltimore-ravens/

Lamar's next two years look like 21 million over two years and $27 million for franchise tag year 1.

So if you average it the three years cost you $48 million of 16 Million per year.

So you give him a $50 million bonus and base salaries of $1million, $2 million, and $3 million base for the three years and then three more years at $35 million, $40 million and $45 million.

So in writing he's getting a 6 year 176 million deal (and spread the bonus over the first 3 years)! Watson got 4 years and $156 million after year 3. 

Cap number are

2021 $16.6 milliom

2022  $17.6 million

2023  $18.6 million

2024  $35 million  (you can give him a roster bonus if he's on the team in this year of say $30 million and bases of $30 million per) Either you keep him before the 2024 season and rework his deal or cut him with little or no impact to the cap)

2025  $40 million

2026  $45 million

On Watson, After year 3 of his contract he can be cut in 2023 with a 10 million hit or 2024 with a $5 million hit despite being guaranteed $110 million of his contract. And based on what we've seen, I think Watson is the better Quarterback even if he's not the better athlete!

https://www.spotrac....n-watson-21753/

https://www.pro-foot.../W/WatsDe00.htm

Roll Tide

#39 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:39 PM

Wrong. Peyton looks the part to people like Tide. I'm sure he had all the faith in Boller too.
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#40 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:42 PM

No, no. Didnt you know. Drafting QB's is simple. You just, draft another one. Boom, superbowl contenders. Its so easy.

I’m not cutting him this off-season. I’m playing out his contract and if need to tag him after year 5. I’m drafting a guy in the draft. If Jackson turns out to be what you think he will be then you have an asset and if not you move on. You think he will and I don’t!

Roll Tide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=