• BSLChrisStoner and Mike in STL like this

#2 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:44 PM

I watched the Bills Indy game and I came away totally impressed with Allen outside of the pocket and feeling like no way should you blitz this guy. He made Mahomes type plays in that game and I don't see how the Ravens can possibly play him that way without a repeat performance.

Without a real threat in the run game I say we just drop back in zone and take our chances. Let him try to beat us short but when he gets outside of the pocket he's throwing deep and making big plays. It's against our character but I don't see another choice.

#3 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:49 AM

There was an article that said Allen was thrown off his primary play because of the blitz packages by the Colts. Hopefully Wink can drive him nuts.

Roll Tide

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 08:15 AM

Balt SunRavens defensive coordinator compares Bills QB Josh Allen to NFL greats, has no plans to reel in blitz

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 05:22 PM

Nice read from Rivers here.

#6 ravens82

ravens82
  • Members
  • 478 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:33 PM

Bills will put up points.  I think our offense will need the D to create a game-changing turnover.  I'd like to see Marlo punch one out, Ngakoue to hit on his patented sack-fumble move, or Elliott to jar one loose with a monster hit.

#7 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:40 PM

Bills will put up points. I think our offense will need the D to create a game-changing turnover. I'd like to see Marlo punch one out, Ngakoue to hit on his patented sack-fumble move, or Elliott to jar one loose with a monster hit.

I think this is our toughest matchup on paper. More than KC or any NFC team. I think we'll be up to the task and this will be a dogfight.

#8 ravens82

ravens82
  • Members
  • 478 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:58 PM

I think this is our toughest matchup on paper. More than KC or any NFC team. I think we'll be up to the task and this will be a dogfight.

I agree it's a tough matchup and I, too, expect a dogfight.  However, I don't think it's a tougher matchup than KC.  KC is like Buffalo, but with a better QB, coach, and the confidence of having been there, won that.

#9 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 07:15 PM

Really? I think KC represents a much tougher matchup with pass catching RBs and TEs. The thing that I think is to the Ravens advantage, that they can stay really light and don't have to worry about covering some of those routes and Kelce. 

I guess Buff might be better on defense, but I think the run defense is a siev. 

#10 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:17 PM

Really? I think KC represents a much tougher matchup with pass catching RBs and TEs. The thing that I think is to the Ravens advantage, that they can stay really light and don't have to worry about covering some of those routes and Kelce.

I guess Buff might be better on defense, but I think the run defense is a siev.

A lot of it is just because I dont think KC is playing well right now. But yeah, I do think Buf also has the better defense.
  • JordanKough likes this

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:36 PM

I think Buffalo's defense has nice upside but can definitely be had with how we play. Just play well. Execute. I genuinely believe Baltimore is the better team by just a tad. But they have to play well.

#12 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 09:26 PM

Buffalo went 13-3 against a tougher schedule than anyone in the AFC North.  And really they could be 14-2 except for a miracle hail Mary from Arizona.  Since their bye week they have won 7 consecutive games averaging 36 points a game.  They have scored more than 30 in 8 games this year.  They are slightly better at home, having only lost one game, to KC.  They played tight against the Colts.  With that win out of the way, I would expect them to be a bit looser.  Same can be said for the Ravens.  They were tight to start the game against Tennessee.  Now that they have that playoff win they might be a lot looser as well.  Should be a good game.  Unless there are a lot of turnovers I don't see either team blowing out the other.  Might come down to which QB can make the clutch plays late in the 4th quarter.  

Whoever wins goes to KC.  Despite Cleveland's nice season, they have too many defensive problems to really give KC anything more than an early scare.  They let Pittsburgh's one dimensional offense led by a QB that looks like he is ready for retirement come close to making a great comeback.  Maholmes should have a field day with them.  

#13 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 16 January 2021 - 07:00 AM

I heard on one of the media shows that the defenses that have limited him paired the zone defenses with Blitzing. I really don’t think that there is anyone better than Wink in doing it right now.

After watching the Colts game and the way Reich and his staff had a great game plan. And our last game versus them, I can’t help but being confident. 

Roll Tide

#14 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 16 January 2021 - 04:10 PM

Buffalo went 13-3 against a tougher schedule than anyone in the AFC North. And really they could be 14-2 except for a miracle hail Mary from Arizona. Since their bye week they have won 7 consecutive games averaging 36 points a game. They have scored more than 30 in 8 games this year. They are slightly better at home, having only lost one game, to KC. They played tight against the Colts. With that win out of the way, I would expect them to be a bit looser. Same can be said for the Ravens. They were tight to start the game against Tennessee. Now that they have that playoff win they might be a lot looser as well. Should be a good game. Unless there are a lot of turnovers I don't see either team blowing out the other. Might come down to which QB can make the clutch plays late in the 4th quarter.

Whoever wins goes to KC. Despite Cleveland's nice season, they have too many defensive problems to really give KC anything more than an early scare. They let Pittsburgh's one dimensional offense led by a QB that looks like he is ready for retirement come close to making a great comeback. Maholmes should have a field day with them.

Unless that have such a big lead that they're just killing clock in the 4th, KC likely scores 50+.

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 04:46 PM

Unless that have such a big lead that they're just killing clock in the 4th, KC likely scores 50+.

They've only scored more than 35 once this season (43). Last 8 games they haven't won by more than 6.

#16 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 05:11 PM

They've only scored more than 35 once this season (43). Last 8 games they haven't won by more than 6.

People havent payed close enough attention to KC. I mentioned it in a thread awhile back they have one of the biggest differences ever between expected win total according to Pythagorean and actual win total. They also were below Buf in DVOA. 6th overall. We were 7th. I absolutely believe we are playing the best AFC team tonight. Thats not to say KC wont win the AFC or SB
  • makoman likes this

#17 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 16 January 2021 - 05:29 PM

Guess I based that on Ben's near comeback last week. Brown's defense looked non existent. Of course, they were missing two CBs, so we'll see.

#18 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:12 PM

People havent payed close enough attention to KC. I mentioned it in a thread awhile back they have one of the biggest differences ever between expected win total according to Pythagorean and actual win total. They also were below Buf in DVOA. 6th overall. We were 7th. I absolutely believe we are playing the best AFC team tonight. Thats not to say KC wont win the AFC or SB

Actually, Buffalo is playing the best team in the AFC tonight. I still have KC better than Buffalo. 

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#19 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:27 PM

I also still think KC is the best. Just pointing out that they haven't exactly dominated recently despite the record.

Mahomes still seems like he can make plays whenever he really needs to.

#20 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:28 PM

I think KC is the best if they play their best an entire game. Tough to do anything with peak Mahomes coming at you (peak 2019 Lamar can go toe to toe, but he’s not quite there as a thrower right now IMO). But they’ve barely beaten some bad teams because they just coast for like a half per game. If they win, I would doubt either the Bills or Ravens would let them get away with that at this point. Maybe they can turn it on all game, maybe not, we’ll see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=