#1 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:22 AM

BSL: https://baltimorespo...-on-to-buffalo/

Quick take on the Ravens win, and looking onto the Bills and their one dimensional offense that really only one team made their one dimension, Josh Allen, look silly. 

• BSLChrisStoner, The Epic, Mike B and 3 others like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:45 AM

Keys for beating Buffalo:

Hope Mother Nature deals us okay enough weather. Sloppy game would favor Allen given his background, size, etc...

Disguise blitzes, and pressure Allen. He's the best clean pocket passer in the league.

Review how KC in week 7 held Allen to 14/27 and 122 yards. 

What say you?

@BSLMikeRandall

#3 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:48 AM

Keys for beating Buffalo:

Hope Mother Nature deals us okay enough weather. Sloppy game would favor Allen given his background, size, etc...

Disguise blitzes, and pressure Allen. He's the best clean pocket passer in the league.

Review how KC in week 7 held Allen to 14/17 and 122 yards. 

What say you?

I was thinking just the opposite and that the sloppy weather favored our running game.

Roll Tide

#4 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:49 AM

Sloppy neutralizes Lamar to some extent. Look at the Pats game. I think the weather contributed heavily to us losing that game
  • GabeFerguson and russsnyder like this

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:13 AM

Allen is excellent vs. man coverage, less so vs. zone.

• GabeFerguson likes this

#6 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:14 AM

Sloppy neutralizes Lamar to some extent. Look at the Pats game. I think the weather contributed heavily to us losing that game

You could be right ... the teams that needs to throw the ball in the swirling wind bad weather game is in trouble.

Roll Tide

#7 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:23 AM

I mentioned in the article I feel like Allen can handle the weather entering his third year in Buffalo. Having played at Wyoming in bitter cold, bad weather, thin air on top of that. Big guy, big hands, wet ball won't bother him. 

We saw Aaron Rodgers light it up in the snow and sleet in Lambeau a few weeks back, plenty of experience up there in that. While Tannehill who grew up in Texas, went to Texas A&M, then a career in Miami before landing in Tennessee, I wonder if it was the first time he'd seen snow and he looked lost out there in that GB/TEN game.

Less then ideal weather in the forecast for Saturday (still six days away), all the more reason to run the ball effectively, but I don't think it will hinder Allen one bit where as Jackson...probably a little.

@BSLMikeRandall

#8 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:37 AM

Humphrey needs to shadow Diggs all game long. Tre'davious White will probably do the same with Hollywood. I expect to see a lot of grind-it-out-between-the-tackles football.

#9 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:38 AM

Quickness and cutting are Lamar's bread and butter, and probably to a lesser extent Dobbins' as well. Those things would be lessened in the snow. If it's just cold and windy that's probably still less hindering to Allen, but less of a concern than snow IMO.

#10 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:17 AM

I'll read later, I promise. 

But I gotta say that I find it crazy that the Ravens got gashed by Henry, made moves specifically to keep that from happening again next year, and that's exactly what happened.

Like, does nobody else find that extremely wild? 

#11 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:26 AM

I mentioned in the article I feel like Allen can handle the weather entering his third year in Buffalo. Having played at Wyoming in bitter cold, bad weather, thin air on top of that. Big guy, big hands, wet ball won't bother him. 

We saw Aaron Rodgers light it up in the snow and sleet in Lambeau a few weeks back, plenty of experience up there in that. While Tannehill who grew up in Texas, went to Texas A&M, then a career in Miami before landing in Tennessee, I wonder if it was the first time he'd seen snow and he looked lost out there in that GB/TEN game.

Less then ideal weather in the forecast for Saturday (still six days away), all the more reason to run the ball effectively, but I don't think it will hinder Allen one bit where as Jackson...probably a little.

I think they'd be ok in the snow but another driving rainstorm like in New England earlier in the year would be a death knell to me. Wind could affect the kickers but again, help the Ravens in the long run since they have a better running attack than Buffalo.  They've just got to try and take away Allen's passing game and force the Bills to beat them on the ground.  It's going to be a daunting challenge for sure.  Don't be surprised if this is the game that turns out to be 34-31.  Weather permitting of course. 

#12 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:51 AM

Good Stuff, Mike!  I think the Ravens match up well with the Bills.  The weather is a wild card for both teams, but I think the Ravens will do significant damage to the Bills running the ball.  

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#13 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:53 AM

This was really good, Mike. 

• Mike in STL likes this

#14 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:41 PM

Buf is rightfully a 3 point fav. I think we're right there with them and KC at this point in the season though. Minimal difference. That defensive performance by us was what makes me feel the best going forward. Granted, its a different week and a different opponent but man did we get after it yesterday. The best the D has looked all year.

#15 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:45 PM

Buf is rightfully a 3 point fav. I think we're right there with them and KC at this point in the season though. Minimal difference. That defensive performance by us was what makes me feel the best going forward. Granted, its a different week and a different opponent but man did we get after it yesterday. The best the D has looked all year.

I saw them at 2.5 in Vegas and home field is typically worth 3. That means that they really favor the visitor by a half point.

Roll Tide

#16 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:11 PM

I'll read later, I promise. 

But I gotta say that I find it crazy that the Ravens got gashed by Henry, made moves specifically to keep that from happening again next year, and that's exactly what happened.

Like, does nobody else find that extremely wild? 

What do you mean? What part of his 2.2  yard average equates to a gashing?

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:13 PM

What do you mean? What part of his 2.2 yard average equates to a gashing?

He was referring to last year.
  • sandiegosean likes this

#18 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:55 PM

I don't disagree that the Ravens haven't been challenged for a month but I still think the mindset of knowing they had five straight must-win games definitely helped them stay focused and what not in a way the Titans weren't
  • Mike in STL likes this

she/her

#19 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:24 PM

Tangential question for Chris and the writers, is there a benefit to the site when folks to visit the article on the separate pages vs. people just reading the whole thing quoted in the initial post? It's not a big deal, I like not having to go to a separate page, and the ability to quote reply excerpts.

Regarding Buffalo, I feel like that's a good matchup for our D who likes to disguise blitzes anyway. I also don't hear about a prolific pass catching TE, which I think is our biggest weakness on D given our linebackers.

• JordanKough likes this
@DaKittenz

#20 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:15 PM

Allen is excellent vs. man coverage, less so vs. zone.

This is an important aspect of the match-up that I am curious to see how the Ravens approach it.

They played a lot of man vs the Titans and it worked well, but a different game-plan might be in order against Allen and Diggs - who absolutely shreds man coverage.

Also interested to see how Wink chooses to dial up pressure vs Allen. Allen has gotten better at extending plays and finding downfield receivers, but he can still make mistakes under pressure like any young QB. Containing Allen in the pocket and making him go through his reads will be key imo.

@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=