I thought they'd have 34. 

#762 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:20 PM

Something has to change going forward. These offenses are MADE very one dimensional come playoff time, and they don't have any ability to adjust. To break the defense out of what they're doing. That's on the staff to figure out and fix.
  • ChaosLex and cprenegade like this

#763 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:22 PM

Something has to change going forward. These offenses are MADE very one dimensional come playoff time, and they don't have any ability to adjust. To break the defense out of what they're doing. That's on the staff to figure out and fix.

Yep. Insanity is doing the same thing over-and-over again and expecting a different result.
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#764 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:24 PM

They did adjust on the last two drives before the Int. Thats why the pick 6 was an absolute dagger.

#765 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,492 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:25 PM

Well, there's always next year...

#766 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Stymied by SD until they put up some points and yards in what was mostly junk time. Stymied last year by TEN until they did the same (with even less payoff). And stymied tonight by a Bills defense that ISN'T THAT GREAT!

#767 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

The real question is has Pedro passed out yet? 😉
  • JStruds likes this
@ChaosLex

#768 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Third post season in a row where I feel like the other team's coaching staff watched films and figured out how to knock Jackson off the game. They adjust, we don't

#769 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:26 PM

The opponent dared us to beat them passing. Our QB couldn’t get it done, It happened in a few other games this year. Lamar’s passing success happens off his running. When he can’t run effectively the passing doesn’t seem to be there either.  I don’t know if he’s choking or just trying to do too much. In the past 3 years we’ve been embarrassed in the playoffs 3 out of 4 games. Last week was a good step  and we had the defense playing their best football of the year. We should have been able to find a way to win this one. 

Roll Tide

#770 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:27 PM

Stymied by SD until they put up some points and yards in what was mostly junk time. Stymied last year by TEN until they did the same (with even less payoff). And stymied tonight by a Bills defense that ISN'T THAT GREAT!

We stymied Allen and a great Bills offense. Its playoff football. We have to get mentally and physically tougher and not give games away.

#771 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:28 PM

The real question is has Pedro passed out yet? 😉

Thats no excuse.

#772 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:29 PM

You are saying exactly what I have been thinking for the last 90 minutes.  The Ravens offense dominates teams like Dallas, Jacksonville, and Cincinnati and everyone goes crazy thinking it can't be stopped.  Then comes playoff time and the competition gets tougher, the coaching gets tougher, and this offense struggles.  People are blaming Jackson, and I get that the QB gets most of the blame, but maybe it is time to think about how far this offense can really go.  It's not his fault, without him the Ravens probably win less than 6 games on the season.  Three years now with all of the regular season accolades, three years not even getting to the AFCC.  I mean seriously, 3 points?  Against a team that is not exactly known as a defensive power house.  It's time to think about maybe changing the offense a bit.   

#773 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:29 PM

They did adjust on the last two drives before the Int. Thats why the pick 6 was an absolute dagger.

I didn't see much adjustment schematically. Last drive of the first half they simply picked up the pace and "went faster". Lamar looked loose that drive and the Bills were on their heels a bit. Maybe if the coaches hadn't burned two TOs early, they would have had more chances to get 6 instead of 3. But... First drive of the second half they didn't change much in terms of scheme or looks, they just made a few plays. But down near the goal line they got back in to that slow, deliberate, use the entire play clock mode again. When it's ticking down to zero, those DL fire hard because they KNOW the snap is coming. That doesn't help the offense, nor this OL which isn't great in pass blocking anyway.
  • CMU82 likes this

#774 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:32 PM

You are saying exactly what I have been thinking for the last 90 minutes. The Ravens offense dominates teams like Dallas, Jacksonville, and Cincinnati and everyone goes crazy thinking it can't be stopped. Then comes playoff time and the competition gets tougher, the coaching gets tougher, and this offense struggles. People are blaming Jackson, and I get that the QB gets most of the blame, but maybe it is time to think about how far this offense can really go. It's not his fault, without him the Ravens probably win less than 6 games on the season. Three years now with all of the regular season accolades, three years not even getting to the AFCC. I mean seriously, 3 points? Against a team that is not exactly known as a defensive power house. It's time to think about maybe changing the offense a bit.

Changing what exactly. This team has to be a run first team. They have to not give away games in the playoffs. Its that simple. If we take our 3 points to start the second half this is likely a game til the end. The Int was horrible and all on Lamar but the two plays before that set it all up. A dropped snap by Lamar where I think Dobbins was going to get the rock and score and then Dobbins not picking up the free rusher to give Lamar the split second to find Hollywood

#775 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:33 PM

You are saying exactly what I have been thinking for the last 90 minutes. The Ravens offense dominates teams like Dallas, Jacksonville, and Cincinnati and everyone goes crazy thinking it can't be stopped. Then comes playoff time and the competition gets tougher, the coaching gets tougher, and this offense struggles. People are blaming Jackson, and I get that the QB gets most of the blame, but maybe it is time to think about how far this offense can really go. It's not his fault, without him the Ravens probably win less than 6 games on the season. Three years now with all of the regular season accolades, three years not even getting to the AFCC. I mean seriously, 3 points? Against a team that is not exactly known as a defensive power house. It's time to think about maybe changing the offense a bit.

I've hated the Broncos for plucking Kubiak away from the Ravens when they did. In my mind, he did the best job of any Ravens OC in getting the most out of what he had to work with.
  • CMU82 likes this

#776 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:34 PM

Thats no excuse.

Gotta be honest, I’ve known Pedro a long time on the message boards. Before Chris’ post, I thought he was just screwing around. Shows what the hell I know. LOL
@ChaosLex

#777 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:43 PM

I honestly thought Lamar was playing pretty well given the conditions until the pick.  The pick changes things quite a bit (again) but he didn't get a chance for redemption because he got knocked out of the game.  Which should have been a late hit, by the way.

It's also kind of hard to look good when your center manages to screw up 3 shotgun snaps in less than 3 quarters...

That doesn't excuse the pick, which wasn't good at all, but it looks like the wind affected it.  Looking at the replay, he probably should have thrown it away or tried to run it in.  There were 7 defenders in the end zone against 4 receivers, I don't think he had much of a chance there even if a perfect ball to Andrews (or maybe Hollywood in the corner) probably scores.

My takeaway from this game is that we need a center, which is about the same conclusion I had when Skura couldn't snap a shotgun to save his life.  Either that or Jackson needs to go under center more if the wind is this bad.

#778 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:45 PM

Just checked box scores... vs SD two years ago they had 3 points with 7 minutes left. Last year vs TEN they only had 6 with 12 minutes left. And tonight they scored 3 the whole game.

That's becoming more than bad luck or coincidence in my opinion...

#779 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:45 PM

The OL woes this season were just too much to overcome. Toward the end of the season it looked like Harbaugh had patched it sufficiently, but we saw it fall apart again in both playoff games. Bad snaps, Lamar harassed and sacked by a mediocre pass rush. Get that fixed and Lamar might look like an MVP again. If not, it will just be more of the same.

#780 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:46 PM

Welp, I'm here! Time for a leisurely stroll through the comments! I'm sure everybody took this loss reasonably well!

• BobPhelan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=