Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:21 AM

Well we heard that 

Executives

1) Ozzie: Word was that the Texans might try to pluck Newsome from Raven. An article quickly surfaced saying he wasn’t a candidate 

2) Scott Cohen: The Jets are rumored to be interested as Scott as their GM. He’s on the coaching staff as the Dir of Football Research. He was the assistant GM with the Jets from 08-12. And with the Eagles the same time as Harbaugh.

Coaches

1) Martindale: Wink has been mentioned all over the place by media members but has yet been tied to a team that has an opening. He can’t interview until after the Wildcard round.

2) Roman : Same with Roman at this point

Roll Tide

#2 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:27 AM

Relationships matter, especially in the NFL. If general manager Joe Douglas gets to pick who becomes the New York Jets head coach, his history becomes very relevant. The Jets Wire‘s Tyler Greenawalt highlighted coaching candidates who worked with Douglas and it adds to the reasons why Wink Martindale should be considered.

Why wouldnt the GM get to choose his coach. Troubling if you are a Jets fan

https://sportsnaut.c...ing-candidates/

Roll Tide

#3 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:31 AM

Inside information from Tony Pauline

Most recently, during last Wednesday’s episode of the Draft Insiders podcast, Pauline said this in regards to Martindale:

“A name that I am repeatedly hearing is Don ‘Wink’ Martindale. He’s gonna be the hot name, he’s gonna be the sort of under-the-radar name that every team with a head coaching opening will want to interview. He’s a guy that the players love, he’s a guy that the players respect. [Don Martindale]’s a good coach that’s also a disciplinarian. I expect Martindale to get a tonof interviews and potentially job offers when the season is over.”

https://www.profootb...d-coach-rumors/

Roll Tide

#4 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:33 AM

Greg Roman, Baltimore Ravens Offensive Coordinator

Greg Roman has been around John Harbaugh for a long time, and his successful record with quarterbacks goes back longer than his recent success with Lamar Jackson. Roman’s devastating pistol-oriented offensive attacks have helped transform each team he’s been a part of. Roman would be an excellent hire for a team trying to build around a young mobile quarterback. He’ll be one of the hottest head coach candidates in 2021.

Same article as previous post

Roll Tide

#5 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:34 AM

January 4th, 2021 at 10:10am CST by Zach Links 

The Texans’ GM search is heating up. On Monday, the team requested interviews with Ravens director of football research Scott Cohen and Seahawks vice president of player personnel Trent Kirchner, as NFL.com’s Mike Garafolo tweets.

https://www.profootb...hner-interviews

Roll Tide

#6 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:50 AM

Texans request to interview Ravens' Scott Cohen for GM vacancy

https://ravenswire.u...-vacant-gm-job/

Roll Tide

#7 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 09:34 AM

I used to think the world of Ozzie and all that he was capable of doing.

I believe hindsight as shown, that when his right hand man left, Ozzie wasn't the same GM.

Not going to say, he became a bad GM, which he isn't.

He just isn't one of the best in the business that he was at one point.

#8 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 January 2021 - 09:40 AM

I used to think the world of Ozzie and all that he was capable of doing.

I believe hindsight as shown, that when his right hand man left, Ozzie wasn't the same GM.

Not going to say, he became a bad GM, which he isn't.

He just isn't one of the best in the business that he was at one point.

I disagree, who do you think groomed not only EDC but guys like Douglas, Savage etc.

• Mike in STL and Old Man like this
@mikeghg

#9 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 January 2021 - 09:41 AM

I think the Ravens lose a few this off season.  The Ravens are among the very best organizations in sports, and when that is the case we lose people.

They will replace anyone who leaves with top quality people

@mikeghg

#10 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 05 January 2021 - 05:52 PM

I think the Ravens lose a few this off season. The Ravens are among the very best organizations in sports, and when that is the case we lose people.
They will replace anyone who leaves with top quality people

I think.Cohen is the biggest possibility. I think Wink is a low probability guy. Just doesn’t fit head coach profile ( fat, mullet, facial hair etc). Patricia obviously didn’t help the cause and look at what Rex had to do to get in.

Roman is a niche guy and you really aren’t hearing his name.
Roll Tide

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:22 PM

I think.Cohen is the biggest possibility. I think Wink is a low probability guy. Just doesn’t fit head coach profile ( fat, mullet, facial hair etc). Patricia obviously didn’t help the cause and look at what Rex had to do to get in.

Roman is a niche guy and you really aren’t hearing his name.

I tend to agree.  There are not a lot of jobs open right now.  Wink and the Jets could heat up, because of all the Raven ties, but if the Jets owner makes the call it will not be Wink.

@mikeghg

#12 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:59 PM

I wonder where the Ravens rank for franchises with the most assistants turned into head coaches in the 21st century. Patriots are gonna be first but you had Kubiak from the offense and Rex Ryan, Marvin Lewis, etc from the defense. 

she/her

#13 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 05 January 2021 - 07:17 PM

I tend to agree.  There are not a lot of jobs open right now.  Wink and the Jets could heat up, because of all the Raven ties, but if the Jets owner makes the call it will not be Wink.

He is rumored to be fond of Jim Harbaugh

Roll Tide

#14 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 January 2021 - 08:02 PM

Jim Harbaugh to develop a young #2 pick seems like a good fit to me. I think he could do well there. There are some pieces there. Gase did an all time terrible job.

#15 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 06 January 2021 - 05:25 AM

Jim Harbaugh to develop a young #2 pick seems like a good fit to me. I think he could do well there. There are some pieces there. Gase did an all time terrible job.

I heard them on one of the radio shows (ESPN, I think) bashing Gase for his handling of Tannehill and Darnold.

Roll Tide

#16 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 01:58 PM

Jim Harbaugh potentially back in the league is bad news for the Ravens.   The Ravens have benefited from Jim's former coaches,  such as Roman, and having him at Michigan is like having an unpaid Ravens' college scout.  I'm sure there are lot of coaches who know both Jim and John.  I wonder how many prefer working for Jim?  Hope he stays at Michigan.    

The biggest Achilles heel of the John Harbaugh coaching tenue is the turnover they experience due to their success.  How many times have we seen the Ravens struggle with adapting to a new coordinator? Trestman in particular was a disaster.  It seems every time they get good on one side of the ball they lose the coordinator.   Other teams, such as Pittsburgh,  seem to luck into these lifetime coordinator types.  And of course New England has Belichick.  Having the head man being so good is a huge advantage.  

#17 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 06 January 2021 - 03:15 PM

'That's my man': Frank Gore says Jim Harbaugh would be great hire for New York Jets

https://saturdaytrad...-new-york-jets/

Roll Tide

#18 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 08:36 AM

Per the Athletic, Jim Harbaugh is close to signing a 5 year deal with Michigan.

https://twitter.com/...387889689260039

#19 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:23 AM

December 23: On the December 23rd Draft Insiders podcast, Pauline informed listeners that if Bieniemy doesn’t land in Houston, the Texans would consider a defensive-minded coach. One such name they would be interested in is Don “Wink” Martindale from the Baltimore Ravens.

https://www.profootb...vacancies-2021/

Roll Tide

#20 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 January 2021 - 09:41 PM

If anyone has Wink in their radar, today did not hurt

• cprenegade likes this