#21 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 03 January 2021 - 11:05 PM

Maybe in general. But the Titans did implore a fairly sizable come back to win the first matchup this season. Definitely worried about the defense in this game.

Ravens didn't have Campbell and Williams and tired out in the second half. Titans were able to stick around and keep it close. If the Ravens can get up 2 TDs, I don't think there is any chance the Titans can claw back into it. Maybe that's a lot to ask, but I give the Ravens a much better chance at stopping the Titans offense than vice versa.

@gabefergy

#22 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 January 2021 - 11:19 PM

Remember the season Jamal rushed rushed 2,000 yards and lost at home to the Titans in the divisional round?

#23 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 03 January 2021 - 11:24 PM

Remember the season Jamal rushed rushed 2,000 yards and lost at home to the Titans in the divisional round?

Home team has never won this matchup in the playoffs so everything is aligning perfectly

she/her

#24 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 01:14 AM

The most important factor to me is that the Titans, Bills and Chiefs all rank in the bottom half of the league in run defense. If things play out chalk we won't face any run defenses that much better than what we've faced in our last 5 games. Our defense is what it is but if we have to get into a shootout there's no reason our offense can't put up big numbers.

Don't get cute like we've done in the past but continue to run the ball like we have lately even if we get down early and we should be just fine.

#25 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:52 AM

Ravens open as 3.5 point favorites. Surprised by that number but they get lots of respect by Vegas. BTW already saw in an article on Ringer that one betting expert says to bet the Ravens at 3.5.

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:53 AM

I would be surprised if Tennessee is favored.  At best I figure this is a pick em, maybe with either team a -1 favorite.  

You guessed right.  I honestly was thinking less about the Vegas line, and more about perception I think we will see from most prognosticators... but overall, doesn't matter for the reasons you stated.

#27 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:23 AM

Tenn is a very weak defensive and ST team. So reliant on that offense and in particular Henry. I really believe this was the best 1st round matchup for us.

#28 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:32 AM

Wasn't that the game that Orlando Brown had a costly unsportsmanlike conduct call that set up the game winning field goal?

#29 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 04 January 2021 - 09:03 AM

Ravens open as 3.5 point favorites. Surprised by that number but they get lots of respect by Vegas. BTW already saw in an article on Ringer that one betting expert says to bet the Ravens at 3.5.

I kinda get it. 

I do think that the two possible things that happen here are 1) nailbiter, or 2) Ravens just blow the doors off of them. I don't think the Titans have the horses to do what they did last year. So I guess 3.5 seems...about on par.

#30 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 09:15 AM

I kinda get it.

I do think that the two possible things that happen here are 1) nailbiter, or 2) Ravens just blow the doors off of them. I don't think the Titans have the horses to do what they did last year. So I guess 3.5 seems...about on par.

We did a good job against Ten and Henry earlier this year without Campbell and Williams until the dam broke in the 4th quarter.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#31 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 04 January 2021 - 09:24 AM

My biggest fear is that I turn the game on and Roman tries to get cute and comes out throwing the ball and we have a quick 3 and out.  This team has been on a roll running the ball and I see no reason to deviate from that.

#32 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 04 January 2021 - 09:27 AM

My biggest fear is that I turn the game on and Roman tries to get cute and comes out throwing the ball and we have a quick 3 and out.  This team has been on a roll running the ball and I see no reason to deviate from that.

Or worse they gamble and lose on 4th down around mid field 

Roll Tide

#33 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 04 January 2021 - 10:43 AM

In the NFL, there is almost a direct correlation between winning the turnover battle and winning the game. In last year's playoff game, we turned the ball over 3 times and were stopped on 4th and short on 2 other occasions. You simply cannot do that and expect to win. Above all else, if we take care of the football on Sunday, I expect us to move on to the divisional round.

• Mike B likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#34 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 04 January 2021 - 11:04 AM

In the NFL, there is almost a direct correlation between winning the turnover battle and winning the game. In last year's playoff game, we turned the ball over 3 times and were stopped on 4th and short on 2 other occasions. You simply cannot do that and expect to win. Above all else, if we take care of the football on Sunday, I expect us to move on to the divisional round.

The interceptions and fumbles are on the players. The shoddy decision making was on the coaches.

IMO we should play field position, take the points, elect to receive if you win the toss, and try to get on the board 1st

Roll Tide

#35 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 January 2021 - 11:15 AM

Last years game was the perfect storm for everything that could go wrong, going wrong.  

I look forward to us paying them back this year.  Let's go.

@mikeghg

#36 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 04 January 2021 - 11:22 AM

The interceptions and fumbles are on the players. The shoddy decision making was on the coaches.

IMO we should play field position, take the points, elect to receive if you win the toss, and try to get on the board 1st

With regards to the 4th down attempts, it's how we played all year, so why change in the postseason? I was absolutely fine with going for it, we just didn't execute.
Simply because a thing doesn't work out, doesn't mean the decision was wrong.

With that said, absolutely need to get on the board early and continue with these time consuming drives. Keep the defense rested and ready to hit Henry.

Also, we MUST play disciplined and watch for Tannehill sneaking out the back door. He's been making teams pay with pulling the back and taking off. Including us.
  • Mike B likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#37 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 January 2021 - 11:31 AM

With regards to the 4th down attempts, it's how we played all year, so why change in the postseason? I was absolutely fine with going for it, we just didn't execute.

With that said, absolutely need to get on the board early and continue with these time consuming drives. Keep the defense rested and ready to hit Henry.

Also, we MUST play disciplined and watch for Tannehill sneaking out the back door. He's been making teams pay with pulling the back and taking off. Including us.

Agree on all points.  I suspect if we have 4th and short, we will go.  It is what we do.  

BTW, Tannehill won the game for them yesterday pulling the ball and taking off around the side.  

@mikeghg

#38 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 12:25 PM

Defense needs to step up.  I have no doubt the offense will score plenty; but if our touchdowns take 8 minute  drives while the Titans score on big plays/PI calls, that is an advantage to Tennessee.   The Ravens have to get Tannehill off the field and finish drives of their own. They absolutely can not afford to turn the ball over in the red zone. 

I would play conservatively on fourth down, but it all depends on how the game is going.  If the Ravens' run game is gashing them I would be inclined to go for it.  If not, I would play field position and ask the defense to step up.  What I would be very careful about is having Lamar pass the ball too much.   Against the better teams we have seen too many interceptions and bad passes.  I think Lamar presses too much against the better teams.  Run the ball (even if behind) and take your deep shots when/if they are available. 

If they limit the turnovers and stop the big plays on defense I think they have a good shot at winning, maybe even decisively.   If they play like last year it will be another loss.  

#39 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 01:40 PM

In the November game the defense seemed like it just wore down without Williams and Campbell. Henry had 44 yards through 3 quarters, 89 the rest of the way. I'm hoping a better DL rotation will be a huge deal.

#40 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 04 January 2021 - 04:51 PM

So based on how the season went, you can gamble against the bad teams.they did it last year and then tried against a good team and failed. How did the questionable decision making work this year versus the teams that they lost to? 

Roll Tide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=