467 replies to this topic

#21 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 11:47 AM

The Ravens take care of business 30 to 13. Huntley will score a TD during mop up duty. If the Ravens come out pounding the ball like they did last week the Bengals will check out early.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#22 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 12:57 PM

I don't think the Bengals will punch out early, they are a young team with a lot of guys trying to prove they belong.  But they simply don't yet have enough talent to match up with the Ravens.  If they draft well, with Burrows at QB, they could rise to the top of the AFC North in a couple of years.  Once Roethlisberger retires the Steelers will need a major rebuild, and the the Ravens will be cap strapped with Lamar Jackson's contract.  It is not impossible to see the Bengals battling the Browns for AFC North supremacy a few years down the road.  But not now.  If the Ravens lose this game, given the stakes at hand, it will be the worst loss in their history.  Maybe one of the worst choke jobs in NFL history.  They won't.  Ravens 37   Bengals 16.

#23 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,840 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 01:12 PM

I don't think the Bengals will punch out early, they are a young team with a lot of guys trying to prove they belong. But they simply don't yet have enough talent to match up with the Ravens. If they draft well, with Burrows at QB, they could rise to the top of the AFC North in a couple of years. Once Roethlisberger retires the Steelers will need a major rebuild, and the the Ravens will be cap strapped with Lamar Jackson's contract. It is not impossible to see the Bengals battling the Browns for AFC North supremacy a few years down the road. But not now. If the Ravens lose this game, given the stakes at hand, it will be the worst loss in their history. Maybe one of the worst choke jobs in NFL history. They won't. Ravens 37 Bengals 16.

But the Browns wont be cash strapped with Mayfields contract?
  • Mackus likes this

#24 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 02:57 PM

But the Browns wont be cash strapped with Mayfields contract?

To a degree, but unless Mayfield delivers one hell of a run this year or next, he isn't getting paid anywhere near what Jackson is going to get.  Well, it is the Browns so who knows.  But really, his resume does not earn him Jackson type money.  

#25 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 01 January 2021 - 03:35 PM

The Ravens take care of business 30 to 13. Huntley will score a TD during mop up duty. If the Ravens come out pounding the ball like they did last week the Bengals will check out early.

what is RG3’s status? I know he’s eligible to return.

Roll Tide

#26 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 01 January 2021 - 03:44 PM

To a degree, but unless Mayfield delivers one hell of a run this year or next, he isn't getting paid anywhere near what Jackson is going to get.  Well, it is the Browns so who knows.  But really, his resume does not earn him Jackson type money.  

Just curious ...is there examples where the next QB in line to get paid accepts considerably less? I don’t see Mayfield’s agent worrying about Jackson’s personal statistics, the MVP etc. Mayfield inherited a rebuilding club as opposed to the talented and well run team that Jackson inherited. Obviously under those circumstances winning takes longer. 

I know it won’t be popular here but Mayfield and Jackson currently have the same number of playoff wins. If Cleveland gets in with a win this week they have the same shot as the Ravens and maybe even a better round 1 matchup. 

Cleveland vs Pittsburgh as opposed to Ravens vs Titans

If they lose they will have the COVID-19 excuse to blame.

Roll Tide

#27 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 06:49 PM

what is RG3’s status? I know he’s eligible to return.

I don't think he's active. I believe Huntley will be the backup.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#28 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 January 2021 - 07:20 PM

I don't think he's active. I believe Huntley will be the backup.

He was not activated today which I believe is the deadline 

• russsnyder likes this
@mikeghg

#29 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 10:57 PM

Just curious ...is there examples where the next QB in line to get paid accepts considerably less? I don’t see Mayfield’s agent worrying about Jackson’s personal statistics, the MVP etc. Mayfield inherited a rebuilding club as opposed to the talented and well run team that Jackson inherited. Obviously under those circumstances winning takes longer.

I know it won’t be popular here but Mayfield and Jackson currently have the same number of playoff wins. If Cleveland gets in with a win this week they have the same shot as the Ravens and maybe even a better round 1 matchup.

Cleveland vs Pittsburgh as opposed to Ravens vs Titans

If they lose they will have the COVID-19 excuse to blame.

Jackson has one more playoff first round bye than Mayfield. Can’t win a game when you get to skip one.
@BSLMikeRandall

#30 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,840 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 06:42 AM

Koch is out. DBs seem likely to play but looks like we will be without Snead, Mekari, and Ngakoue.

Im a little concerned with Mekari out and the holds on any kicks. Bad snaps or bad holds are the little things that could turn huge and keep Cin in the game.

#31 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 02 January 2021 - 07:06 AM

Jackson has one more playoff first round bye than Mayfield. Can’t win a game when you get to skip one.

Totally irrelevant and it really doesn’t answer my actual question.

Roll Tide

#32 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 02 January 2021 - 07:10 AM

Koch is out. DBs seem likely to play but looks like we will be without Snead, Mekari, and Ngakoue.

Im a little concerned with Mekari out and the holds on any kicks. Bad snaps or bad holds are the little things that could turn huge and keep Cin in the game.

I’m guessing that Townsend can hold for FGs. 

Roll Tide

#33 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,840 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 07:35 AM

They'll obviously have someone who has experience holding back there and who has practiced with Cox and Tucker as much as possible this week. Still, its been those 3 every week for forever.

#34 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 08:13 AM

Totally irrelevant and it really doesn’t answer my actual question.

To answer your question, Watson just took less than Mahomes. 4/$160M vs 10/$500M. That’s one example off the top of my head of the next guy taking less.

You sounded like playoff wins was one criteria for Mayfield to make more money than Jackson if Jackson gets his extension first. Also sounded like you were laying the ground work for Mayfield to win his first playoff game while Jackson might not, but if Mayfield doesn’t it’s cause of Covid...

Talk about irrelevant...
@BSLMikeRandall

#35 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 08:21 AM

I think Mayfield will get about $35M if he signs an extension this off-season. Less than Jackson will get, less than Watson got, but bigger than recent 2nd tier guys like Goff.

Jackson won't match Mahomes, but he'll beat everyone else.

#36 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 January 2021 - 12:29 PM

Bengals DT Mike Daniels tested positive for COVID and there are apparently "several" other close contacts that are being sorted through. Could have a big impact on the game.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#37 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 01:23 PM

The Ravens need to get anyone who hasn't already tested positive for COVID off the field ASAP in this game, IMO. Take no chances...a positive test later in the week on a Thursday can essentially make a player miss two games. Kamara right now is at risk of missing the first playoff game with his positive test. 

Do we know who on the Ravens actually tested positive? This COVID surge seems like it's going to have an impact on the playoffs (if it hasn't already with the Fitzpatrick diagnosis). Be smart, and don't be the team that gets affected by this twice this season, Baltimore. 

#38 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 January 2021 - 01:48 PM

The Ravens need to get anyone who hasn't already tested positive for COVID off the field ASAP in this game, IMO. Take no chances...a positive test later in the week on a Thursday can essentially make a player miss two games. Kamara right now is at risk of missing the first playoff game with his positive test.

Do we know who on the Ravens actually tested positive? This COVID surge seems like it's going to have an impact on the playoffs (if it hasn't already with the Fitzpatrick diagnosis). Be smart, and don't be the team that gets affected by this twice this season, Baltimore.

I haven't heard anything besides Koch having an inconclusive test.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#39 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 02:03 PM

I haven't heard anything besides Koch having an inconclusive test.

Sorry, didn't mean currently. I meant the in the past like Lamar and Andrews. IE if Brown Jr. hasn't had it, I'm getting him out of this game as fast as I can if I'm the Ravens and I'm winning, to reduce any chance he contracts it at this stage. 

#40 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 08:57 PM

PressBox: Ravens OLB Matthew Judon: ‘We’re Hitting Our Stride At The Right Time’
https://pressboxonli...the-right-time/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=