426 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,721 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 12:51 PM

Giants are 5-9. 

ESPN's Football Power Index gives the Ravens an 80% chance of winning.

#2 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 23 December 2020 - 01:43 PM

https://www.nfl.com/...focus-on-ravens

Roll Tide

#3 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 23 December 2020 - 01:44 PM

https://www.bigbluev...st-daniel-jones

Roll Tide

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 December 2020 - 03:19 PM

I like Joe Judge's focus, but the Ravens are ruining his teams Christmas and New Years.  Go Ravens.

@mikeghg

#5 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 03:22 PM

Is this where we should all post on Saturday during the LV / Miami game :)?

• BSLChrisStoner, BSLJamieSieck and cprenegade like this

#6 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 23 December 2020 - 03:49 PM

I'm all in with Raider Nation on Saturday night because, quite frankly, I have zero confidence in the Steelers right now.

• cprenegade and JStruds like this

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,721 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 03:55 PM

Is this where we should all post on Saturday during the LV / Miami game :)?

https://forum.baltim...l-general-talk/

#8 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 08:01 PM

I'm all in with Raider Nation on Saturday night because, quite frankly, I have zero confidence in the Steelers right now.

Of the 6 games remaining where the Ravens need a loss from one of the 3 WC leaders, that game is shaping up as the most likely.  Rankings from least to best opportunity (my opinions only, with one * game)....

Cleveland @ NY Jets (Week 16) - Jets just got their win to prevent an 0-16 season, Cleveland won't lose here.

Jacksonville @ Indy (Week 17) - This is a close runner up for the least chance, I only rank it slightly higher because Jacksonville is a divisional opponent so there is at least a rivalry.  Jacksonville won't screw up their shot at Trevor Lawrence.

Pittsburgh @ Cleveland (Week 17) - This game has flex written all over it.  If Pittsburgh loses this weekend, this game will be for the division in Cleveland.  Even with limited fans this will be a high intensity game for the city of Cleveland.  What a way to win the division and finally make the playoffs.....beating your big rival in prime time.

Indy @ Pittsburgh (Week 16) - A few weeks ago I had this game firmly in Pittsburgh's favor.  With their pass rush Rivers would be in real trouble.  Since then defensive losses have stripped Pittsburgh's defense and their offense has been neutered.  Betting world has noticed.  Weeks ago the Colts would have been a 4-6 point underdog.  They are now favored by 1 1/2.

Miami @ Las Vegas (Week 16) - This is the game most likely to produce an upset, imo.  Miami traveling across country to play on the day after Christmas.  Problem is that LV will either start Mariotta or have a less than 100% Carr, and their defense sucks.  Still, unless Pittsburgh suddenly gets it's act together, this is the best shot for a loss.

****Miami @ Buffalo (Week 17) - I make this the * game because at this time it is impossible to know how Buffalo approaches it.  If the Bills need the game then this probably becomes the most likely game to produce the result the Raven's need.  But if Pittsburgh loses to Indy, and the Bills beat New England Monday night, the Bills are locked into the #2 seed.  If that is the case and they decide to rest their starters, not to mention the party that will take place in Buffalo, then the Bills will probably not even be competitive in this game at all.  That's a TBD.

#9 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 08:05 PM

I wouldn't take the Giants lightly, this is the same team that just a few weeks ago went out to Seattle and totally shut down the Seahawks offense.  They put the nail in the coffin of any possibility of Russell Wilson winning the MVP.  I don't expect them to do the same to the Ravens, but they are at least a bit of a step up from Jacksonville and Cincinnati.  

#10 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 08:24 PM

Of the 6 games remaining where the Ravens need a loss from one of the 3 WC leaders, that game is shaping up as the most likely. Rankings from least to best opportunity (my opinions only, with one * game)....

Cleveland @ NY Jets (Week 16) - Jets just got their win to prevent an 0-16 season, Cleveland won't lose here.

Jacksonville @ Indy (Week 17) - This is a close runner up for the least chance, I only rank it slightly higher because Jacksonville is a divisional opponent so there is at least a rivalry. Jacksonville won't screw up their shot at Trevor Lawrence.

Pittsburgh @ Cleveland (Week 17) - This game has flex written all over it. If Pittsburgh loses this weekend, this game will be for the division in Cleveland. Even with limited fans this will be a high intensity game for the city of Cleveland. What a way to win the division and finally make the playoffs.....beating your big rival in prime time.

Indy @ Pittsburgh (Week 16) - A few weeks ago I had this game firmly in Pittsburgh's favor. With their pass rush Rivers would be in real trouble. Since then defensive losses have stripped Pittsburgh's defense and their offense has been neutered. Betting world has noticed. Weeks ago the Colts would have been a 4-6 point underdog. They are now favored by 1 1/2.

Miami @ Las Vegas (Week 16) - This is the game most likely to produce an upset, imo. Miami traveling across country to play on the day after Christmas. Problem is that LV will either start Mariotta or have a less than 100% Carr, and their defense sucks. Still, unless Pittsburgh suddenly gets it's act together, this is the best shot for a loss.

****Miami @ Buffalo (Week 17) - I make this the * game because at this time it is impossible to know how Buffalo approaches it. If the Bills need the game then this probably becomes the most likely game to produce the result the Raven's need. But if Pittsburgh loses to Indy, and the Bills beat New England Monday night, the Bills are locked into the #2 seed. If that is the case and they decide to rest their starters, not to mention the party that will take place in Buffalo, then the Bills will probably not even be competitive in this game at all. That's a TBD.

A few more potential scenarios.

1. If Buffalo were to lose @NE this weekend it would make them more inclined to play Mia tough in Week 17. Two losses to end the year and two wins by Miami would leave them both at 11-5, 1-1 records against each other, same division record and conference record. Not sure who would get the tiebreaker. Even if its still Buffalo, they'd likely prefer to stay the #2 seed which would be in doubt.

2. If Tenn losses @GB this weekend we would have same the same number of wins as them making it necessary foe them to win @Hou to finish with the tiebreaker over
us.

Mostly track Cle, Mia, and Ind this weekend but keep note of Tenn and Buf too.
  • cprenegade likes this

#11 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 08:28 PM

1. If Buffalo were to lose @NE this weekend it would make them more inclined to play Mia tough in Week 17. Two losses to end the year and two wins by Miami would leave them both at 11-5, 1-1 records against each other, same division record and conference record. Not sure who would get the tiebreaker. Even if its still Buffalo, they'd likely prefer to stay the #2 seed which would be in doubt.

2. If Tenn losses @GB this weekend we would have same the same number of wins as them making it necessary foe them to win @Hou to finish with a better record than us.

Note on above. Buf has clinched the AFC East. Still think they'll be playing for seeding week 17. Guess it depends on how much that matters to them

#12 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 12:18 AM

2. If Tenn losses @GB this weekend we would have same the same number of wins as them making it necessary foe them to win @Hou to finish with a better record than us.

Agreed.  Tennessee losing to Green Bay would mean they have to beat Houston in week 17 or potentially they would finish 10-6 and possibly behind all of the WC contenders.  Buffalo would have to lose to NE, or have Pitt beat Indy for week 17 to matter.  If Pitt beats Indy, Buffalo doesn't matter anymore to the Ravens because they control their own destiny at that point.  

Note on above. Buf has clinched the AFC East. Still think they'll be playing for seeding week 17. Guess it depends on how much that matters to them

Buffalo will only be playing for seeding if Pitt beats Indy, or they lose to NE.  If Indy wins, and they win Monday, they have clinched 2 seed and they have no shot at the # 1 so week 17 would mean nothing to them.  

#13 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 12:45 AM

Agreed. Tennessee losing to Green Bay would mean they have to beat Houston in week 17 or potentially they would finish 10-6 and possibly behind all of the WC contenders. Buffalo would have to lose to NE, or have Pitt beat Indy for week 17 to matter. If Pitt beats Indy, Buffalo doesn't matter anymore to the Ravens because they control their own destiny at that point.

Buffalo will only be playing for seeding if Pitt beats Indy, or they lose to NE. If Indy wins, and they win Monday, they have clinched 2 seed and they have no shot at the # 1 so week 17 would mean nothing to them.

If Tenn wins out they could take the #2 seed from them at 12 -4. Tenn beat them in the reg season. If I knew for a fact Buf wanted the #2 seed and would go all out for it I'd root for Tenn and Buffalo to win this week. That would put Tenn 1 game behind Buf and the tiebreaker for the #2 seed and force Buf to go all out to beat Mia week 17. I think thats easily our best hope for week 17 should Cle, Ind, and Mia all win this week.

#14 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 12:47 AM

Btw I think Pitt beats up Rivers this week and they find a way to win.

#15 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 04:36 AM

If Tenn wins out they could take the #2 seed from them at 12 -4. Tenn beat them in the reg season. If I knew for a fact Buf wanted the #2 seed and would go all out for it I'd root for Tenn and Buffalo to win this week. That would put Tenn 1 game behind Buf and the tiebreaker for the #2 seed and force Buf to go all out to beat Mia week 17. I think thats easily our best hope for week 17 should Cle, Ind, and Mia all win this week.

I have put every scenario into the ESPN playoff machine and the only one I can find that puts Buffalo in danger of losing the #2 seed, assuming they win Monday and Pittsburgh loses to Indy, is if Cleveland loses to the Jets.  Any other scenario, including Cleveland losing to the Jets, would put the Ravens in the playoffs to begin with assuming they win out.  The only scenario important to the Ravens is the one that leaves them needing help in week 17.  If it gets down to that, Buffalo has the three or more way tie breaker that gives them #2.  Now if Cleveland loses to the Jets it could make a difference, but then the Ravens control their destiny any way.  Which is why I believe that if Cleveland wins on Sunday, Pittsburgh loses on Sunday, and Buffalo wins on Monday, Buffalo clinches the 2 seed and has nothing to play for.  It's a strange quirk in the NFL tiebreaker rules that gives Buffalo the tiebreaker in a 3 or more way tie even though they lost to Tennessee earlier.  

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#16 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 04:40 AM

You could be right.  I never believed the thought that Pittsburgh was as good as 11-0, but I didn't believe they were as much of a pretender as some here thought.  Injuries on their defense seem to have taken that unit down quite a bit.  They simply look like a very old and tired team right now.  

#17 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 05:22 AM

I have put every scenario into the ESPN playoff machine and the only one I can find that puts Buffalo in danger of losing the #2 seed, assuming they win Monday and Pittsburgh loses to Indy, is if Cleveland loses to the Jets. Any other scenario, including Cleveland losing to the Jets, would put the Ravens in the playoffs to begin with assuming they win out. The only scenario important to the Ravens is the one that leaves them needing help in week 17. If it gets down to that, Buffalo has the three or more way tie breaker that gives them #2. Now if Cleveland loses to the Jets it could make a difference, but then the Ravens control their destiny any way. Which is why I believe that if Cleveland wins on Sunday, Pittsburgh loses on Sunday, and Buffalo wins on Monday, Buffalo clinches the 2 seed and has nothing to play for. It's a strange quirk in the NFL tiebreaker rules that gives Buffalo the tiebreaker in a 3 or more way tie even though they lost to Tennessee earlier.

I didnt do the playoff machine. Just going by looking at the standings but yeah if Cle wins this week and Pitt loses it assures one of them finishes with 12 wins and Buf would get the 3 way tiebreaker over North and South winners. So yeah, root for both Buff and Ten to lose this week too. Opens up more potential options in week 17.

#18 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 05:25 AM

You could be right. I never believed the thought that Pittsburgh was as good as 11-0, but I didn't believe they were as much of a pretender as some here thought. Injuries on their defense seem to have taken that unit down quite a bit. They simply look like a very old and tired team right now.

They are definitely on the ropes but you have to think as a wounded dog they'll find a way to play their best this weekend at home. I think Rivers is a pretty good matchup for them. That said, Indys defense will also get after Ben as well.

#19 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 24 December 2020 - 07:46 AM

Of the 6 games remaining where the Ravens need a loss from one of the 3 WC leaders, that game is shaping up as the most likely.  Rankings from least to best opportunity (my opinions only, with one * game)....

Jacksonville @ Indy (Week 17) - This is a close runner up for the least chance, I only rank it slightly higher because Jacksonville is a divisional opponent so there is at least a rivalry.  Jacksonville won't screw up their shot at Trevor Lawrence.

Pittsburgh @ Cleveland (Week 17) - This game has flex written all over it.  If Pittsburgh loses this weekend, this game will be for the division in Cleveland.  Even with limited fans this will be a high intensity game for the city of Cleveland.  What a way to win the division and finally make the playoffs.....beating your big rival in prime time.

Indy @ Pittsburgh (Week 16) - A few weeks ago I had this game firmly in Pittsburgh's favor.  With their pass rush Rivers would be in real trouble.  Since then defensive losses have stripped Pittsburgh's defense and their offense has been neutered.  Betting world has noticed.  Weeks ago the Colts would have been a 4-6 point underdog.  They are now favored by 1 1/2.

Miami @ Las Vegas (Week 16) - This is the game most likely to produce an upset, imo.  Miami traveling across country to play on the day after Christmas.  Problem is that LV will either start Mariotta or have a less than 100% Carr, and their defense sucks.  Still, unless Pittsburgh suddenly gets it's act together, this is the best shot for a loss.

****Miami @ Buffalo (Week 17) - I make this the * game because at this time it is impossible to know how Buffalo approaches it.  If the Bills need the game then this probably becomes the most likely game to produce the result the Raven's need.  But if Pittsburgh loses to Indy, and the Bills beat New England Monday night, the Bills are locked into the #2 seed.  If that is the case and they decide to rest their starters, not to mention the party that will take place in Buffalo, then the Bills will probably not even be competitive in this game at all.  That's a TBD.

Here is the Wednesday Steelers injury report

Pittsburgh Steelers Participation/Injury Report, Week 16

Wednesday, December 23
QB Ben Roethlisberger (NIR) - DNP
LB Marcus Allen (Stinger) - DNP
RB James Conner (Quadriceps) - Full
FB Derek Watt (Concussion) - Full
C Maurkice Pouncey (NIR) - DNP
LB Ulysees Gilbert III (Ankle) - DNP
G David DeCastro (NIR) - DNP
G Kevin Dotson (Shoulder) - Full
TE Eric Ebron (Back) - DNP
DE Stephon Tuitt (Back) - DNP
LB Olasunkanmi Adeniyi (Shoulder) - DNP

Roll Tide

#20 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 24 December 2020 - 07:48 AM

And if the Steelers win this week there will be pressure for Buffalo to play hard the final week. 

The Colts are beatable and the Steelers will be looking to snap the streak.

Roll Tide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=