#1 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 04:46 PM

BSL: https://baltimorespo...their-business/

Ravens execute the way a good team would against the Jags today. A few thoughts, but it's on to the Giants.

• BSLChrisStoner and russsnyder like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 20 December 2020 - 06:07 PM

I hope we get a loss from one of the teams in front of us next weekend because I don't want to have to sweat out some help in week 17.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#3 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 20 December 2020 - 06:51 PM

I had fun watching Huntley, it's nice to see someone who was part of a pretty successful college team last year get their chance in the pros

she/her

#4 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 08:10 PM

I really got nothing out of this game.  The Jaguars are horrible.  I don't know how they have been competitive in so many games this year.  Honestly thought this was the worst team I have seen the Ravens play in quite some time.  

#5 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,249 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:27 AM

I really got nothing out of this game. The Jaguars are horrible. I don't know how they have been competitive in so many games this year. Honestly thought this was the worst team I have seen the Ravens play in quite some time.

They've had their fair share of being blown out but the short answer is we're in a class with any team not named KC.
  • Mike B and cprenegade like this

#6 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 01:00 AM

They've had their fair share of being blown out but the short answer is we're in a class with any team not named KC.

I would agree.  The second tier in the AFC is a group of teams that all of them could win or lose on that first weekend depending on how the game goes.  KC is clearly on a level better than any of those teams.  For KC to lose would require them playing way under their capabilities in the playoffs.  

#7 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 21 December 2020 - 01:17 AM

The Ravens had their most complete game of the season. Yes, it was an inferior opponent, but that same Jags team has hung around with some good teams this season. This game was never in question.

I liked what I saw from Huntley and I completely get the chatter about him in the offseason. I think he has a very real shot at hanging around. Frankly, I'd rather carry him as the primary back-up to Lamar for the rest of the season.

@gabefergy

#8 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,249 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 01:37 AM

The Ravens had their most complete game of the season. Yes, it was an inferior opponent, but that same Jags team has hung around with some good teams this season. This game was never in question.

I liked what I saw from Huntley and I completely get the chatter about him in the offseason. I think he has a very real shot at hanging around. Frankly, I'd rather carry him as the primary back-up to Lamar for the rest of the season.

They played well. I think the most encouraging thing was seeing the pass rush get turned up. That's without Campbell. I still think teams can pick on the LBs and S but that's jyst something we've got to deal with. Offense was very good. Really impressed by how well the OL has played of late.

And yes, it was garbage time but I don't see where RG3 or McSorely is better than Huntley. They likely have their backup QB here as cheaply as possible for a few years.
  • Mike B likes this

#9 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 21 December 2020 - 02:55 AM

They played well. I think the most encouraging thing was seeing the pass rush get turned up. That's without Campbell. I still think teams can pick on the LBs and S but that's jyst something we've got to deal with. Offense was very good. Really impressed by how well the OL has played of late.

And yes, it was garbage time but I don't see where RG3 or McSorely is better than Huntley. They likely have their backup QB here as cheaply as possible for a few years.

Honestly I think both Queen and Fort played better today. If Queen in particular can keep it up that's pretty big. He hammered their (fairly talented) RB on screens at least twice that I can remember, and once for a pretty healthy loss.
  • GabeFerguson likes this

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 07:56 AM

Balt Sun: Five Things We Learned from the Ravens’ 40-14 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:03 AM

Balt Sun: Five Things We Learned from the Ravens’ 40-14 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars

I think there was a lot of good things, as the Ravens routed a very bad Jacksonville team.

The passing game got going.  Boykin, Andrews and Dez scored TD's.  Lamar hit a couple of deep balls to Edwards and Brown and would have had a long middle route to Andrews had the defender not grabbed him for a PI.

The Oline continues to get better, with Powers and Mekari playing well inside.  I thought Fluker had a good game yesterday at RT.

Good pressure all day from Yannick and Judon.  I also thought Brandon Williams, Madubuike and Wolfe played well.  Williams in particular, was terrific.  He had a couple of stone wall type hits, that took the fight out of the Jags.

Patrick Queen played very well.  He took the screen away from Jax.  

Jacksonville is bad.  The Ravens could have scored a lot more if they had wanted to.

@mikeghg

#12 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:10 AM

I think your point on the OL is spot on.  I do not think it is a coincidence, that Lamar and the offense took off when the Oline settled in.  

We have 4 guys playing at new positions, and it seems like they are building a cohesiverness.  Powers really seems to be playing well at RG.  Bozeman and Powers both seem to be able to pull well as well as getting to the second level

@mikeghg

#13 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:20 AM

I dont this past game was a fair barometer to gauge this team on, seriously.

The Jaqs are probably one of the worst teams in the NFL, not firing on too many cylinders.

I want to see them play and beat a really good team, before I put them back in tier 1 status. IMO

#14 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:31 AM

Honestly I think both Queen and Fort played better today. If Queen in particular can keep it up that's pretty big. He hammered their (fairly talented) RB on screens at least twice that I can remember, and once for a pretty healthy loss.

I think Queen had one of his best games. Played well in all phases imo. 

• DuffMan likes this
@gabefergy

#15 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:15 PM

I think Queen has done pretty werll this year.  He has more than his share of critics, but I think the future is bright for the kid.  Here is a good write up from Yahoo.

https://sports.yahoo...-145543904.html

@mikeghg

#16 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:19 PM

It was nice to see him in the backfield a few times, playing downhill and attacking. I'd much rather see a guy play fast and maybe make a mistake, as opposed to seeing a guy look lost and slow.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#17 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:35 PM

The Jaqs are probably one of the worst teams in the NFL, not firing on too many cylinders.

I want to see them play and beat a really good team, before I put them back in tier 1 status. IMO

I hear you but you’re gonna have to wait till the playoffs then, hopefully. All you can do is play who’s on your schedule.

#18 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:46 PM

I think we played a really good team last week and did beat them.  Cleveland is good.  As far as yesterday, they did exactly what they needed to do.  Win convincingly against a bad team.  They were never in danger, as the game was over in the first 10 minutes.

This team has been through hell with Covid and the injuries and has settled down, played 4 games in 18 days in a very strange scheduled and are rallying.

Tier 1 status now, means nothing really.  If we make the playoffs the performance will tell us where we stand.

• GabeFerguson and Old Man like this
@mikeghg

#19 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:49 PM

My favorite play of the game.  Tyree Phillips with his rugby like run for the first down.  Glad he is okay.

• Mackus likes this
@mikeghg

#20 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,249 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:55 PM

Mekari also having some snapping issues but he seems to be holding up much better than Skura as a blocker. Powers has probably done enough to earn the RG spot next year. Interior OL was looking like a spot we'd probably have to address in FA. Now, not so much. BTW we always hear about the positions where Baltimore doesnt develop talent (WR). OL we've done a damn fine job of turning mid round picks into legit starters.
  • Mike B and JordanKough like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=