343 replies to this topic

#21 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 11:25 AM

It is amazing how fast things change on a message board. 3 or 4 weeks ago, wee were all up on the defense and were killing the offense.
Now post the Covid outbreak, and all the injuries, everyone on the defense sucks and Wink is a bum.

I think all the injuries to the defensive backfield have played a role, and I also think we have players like Campbell, who besides playing hurt are dealing with the after affects of Covid. Hopefully some heal and regain their strength and we see a better performance in the next couple of weeks.

The D has been soft all year. Injuries have made things worse but the poor tackling, poor coverage from the non CBs, the pass rush that disappears at times has always been there.

#22 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:04 PM

The D has been soft all year. Injuries have made things worse but the poor tackling, poor coverage from the non CBs, the pass rush that disappears at times has always been there.

Before Monday the defense was allowing less than 19 points per game.  Not soft in an offensive league IMO.  I think it was either second or third in PPG.  

@mikeghg

#23 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:12 PM

We can't have nice things.

Here we go again ... The #Ravens have placed WR Marquise Brown, WR James Proche and WR Miles Boykin on the reserve/COVID-19 list

#24 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:43 PM

Come on.

#25 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:47 PM

Hello Dez and Duvernay.

#26 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:50 PM

Apparently only a coach has tested positive, and the 3 WR's are on the COVID list because they were in close contact with him.  So they could still play, assuming they keep testing negative.

• Mike B and TwentyThirtyFive like this

#27 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:55 PM

Apparently only a coach has tested positive, and the 3 WR's are on the COVID list because they were in close contact with him. So they could still play, assuming they keep testing negative.

That's hopeful.

#28 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 05:06 PM

Apparently only a coach has tested positive, and the 3 WR's are on the COVID list because they were in close contact with him. So they could still play, assuming they keep testing negative.

That's good to hear. Lets hope they test negative. Honestly should beat Jac without them but damn.

#29 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 December 2020 - 08:24 PM

Apparently only a coach has tested positive, and the 3 WR's are on the COVID list because they were in close contact with him.  So they could still play, assuming they keep testing negative.

First thing first, hope they are okay.  I think we can be okay this week without them, but certainly better if they play.  There certainly is a dark cloud hanging over the Ravens.

@mikeghg

#30 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 12:09 AM

13 point favorites. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#31 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,552 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:10 AM

It is amazing how fast things change on a message board.  3 or 4 weeks ago, we were all up on the defense and were killing the offense.  

Now post the Covid outbreak, and all the injuries, everyone on the defense sucks and Wink is a bum.

I think all the injuries to the defensive backfield have played a role, and I also think we have players like Campbell, who besides playing hurt are dealing with the after affects of Covid.  Hopefully some heal and regain their strength and we see a better performance in the next couple of weeks.

Maybe other people's opinions have changed, but I have never been particularly high on the 2020 defense.  For one, I thought that the 2019 unit was propped up a bit by the fact that they only had to play about 20 minutes a game.  Secondly, the pass defense is clearly weaker without Earl Thomas, and I think his ability to play center field made Humphrey and Peters look a lot better.  Finally, between injuries all over the place and COVID, we just can't get healthy

#32 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:44 AM

That's good to hear. Lets hope they test negative. Honestly should beat Jac without them but damn.

Eh. Not huge losses. Certainly won't miss Brown's 3 crucial drops if he can't play. I would love to see Duvernay get more involved anyway. Kid has looked great every time he's given a chance. He's a Deebo Samuel clone, but we don't even try to get him involved.

#33 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:52 AM

They need to invest in ILB again in the draft this year. Queen could be another Matt Elam.

I think doing it this year would be a bit premature. I think Devin Bush’s 1st season was pretty weak for Pittsburgh. Plus Queen had no preseason games, shortened camp, and a lot of virtual stuff. Seriously, why on earth would you give up on a guy after 1 season especially under these circumstances.

Roll Tide

#34 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 07:59 AM

I think doing it this year would be a bit premature. I think Devin Bush’s 1st season was pretty weak for Pittsburgh. Plus Queen had no preseason games, shortened camp, and a lot of virtual stuff. Seriously, why on earth would you give up on a guy after 1 season especially under these circumstances.

Hes had some really bad moments this season. His natural instincts and athleticism are great. Hes just too small right now. And when he drops in coverage, you can see hes only played the position a few years. He needs to get stronger, and smarter this Off-season. If he can improve his coverage, that alone would make him a good starter. Even if he didn't get bigger and stronger.

#35 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 08:23 AM

I'm not giving up on him, but they absolutely cannot go into next year without help at that position. He's been bad enough to the point that the "bust" label is already hanging over his head, and we can't take the chance that he's not going to improve.

#36 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 11:25 AM

My favorite part of the thread is the portion the BSL header cuts off says the date and then just Jackson. :)

• The Epic likes this

#37 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 17 December 2020 - 12:01 PM

My favorite part of the thread is the portion the BSL header cuts off says the date and then just Jackson. :)

I noticed this and laughed as well. I'm like, "finally, a time and place for everyone's hot takes!"

#38 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 17 December 2020 - 12:03 PM

I think this could be a blessing in disguise (assuming the WR corps are all ok and available). Possible DD gets some more looks/touches and we see what we have with him. If he or Dez gets 70-80 yards and a TD, hey, maybe you incorporate them more than you had in the past.

#39 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 December 2020 - 12:48 PM

I think this could be a blessing in disguise (assuming the WR corps are all ok and available). Possible DD gets some more looks/touches and we see what we have with him. If he or Dez gets 70-80 yards and a TD, hey, maybe you incorporate them more than you had in the past.

I actually had the same thought, but as we saw with the defensive backfield, this past week, we would be one injury away from a tough situation.

I think it is likely that at least one clears and is able to play

@mikeghg

#40 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 December 2020 - 03:10 PM

Has anyone mentioned we are a 12.5 point favorite this week?

Roll Tide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=