• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:29 PM

The Jaguars are 1-12, having lost their last 12 since starting the season with a W. 

They've had some competitive losses: 

@Titans by 3
Texans by 2
@Packers by 4
Browns by 2
@Vikings by 3

Minshew will start against the Ravens. 

ESPN gives the Ravens an 88% chance of winning.

• sandiegosean likes this

#2 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:37 PM

Last short week game.

#3 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,990 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:46 PM

Minshew scares me more than Glennon because sometimes he just comes out of nowhere and tosses 3 td passes.

With that said, I think the Ravens win by 10.

#4 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:49 PM

I think we see a 2019 Ravens type beatdown. 35-10

#5 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:59 PM

I think we see a 2019 Ravens type beatdown. 35-10

It should be a comfortable win. Jacksonville is pathetic defensively.

#6 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 09:29 PM

3 score victory.  If it's within single digits in the second half I'll be a little bummed.

#7 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:43 AM

What I really want to see is Jimmy and Calais resting as much as possible while winning of course. We need those two at close to 100% to really make a run. We could really use a 2019 style, rest the starters type of game. And if we're sharp enough early we can earn that vs Jax.

Still very peeved that Averett wasn't active last night. Also agitated that Duvernay only had one designed touch and we false started so the play didn't happen. Sure the offense was rolling without him but I still want to see the Ravens find ways to get him the ball.

#8 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:55 AM

What I really want to see is Jimmy and Calais resting as much as possible while winning of course. We need those two at close to 100% to really make a run. We could really use a 2019 style, rest the starters type of game. And if we're sharp enough early we can earn that vs Jax.

Still very peeved that Averett wasn't active last night. Also agitated that Duvernay only had one designed touch and we false started so the play didn't happen. Sure the offense was rolling without him but I still want to see the Ravens find ways to get him the ball.

I will say that I stand by my criticism of the D yesterday. The safties and LBs can be picked on in coverage, we dont shed or tackle particularly well, and generally speaking we're soft. Statistically speaking the D is the better unit, but Im much more concerned with the D than the O right now. The OL has been shored up a bit with Skura out and we at least are starting to find an identity again. If something doesn't change defensively we're in trouble. Obviously getting as close to 100% healthy as we can would be nice but it doesn't change much from my point of view.
  • JordanKough likes this

#9 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 16 December 2020 - 01:27 AM

I will say that I stand by my criticism of the D yesterday. The safties and LBs can be picked on in coverage, we dont shed or tackle particularly well, and generally speaking we're soft. Statistically speaking the D is the better unit, but Im much more concerned with the D than the O right now. The OL has been shored up a bit with Skura out and we at least are starting to find an identity again. If something doesn't change defensively we're in trouble. Obviously getting as close to 100% healthy as we can would be nice but it doesn't change much from my point of view.

I can't believe how bad Queen is in pass coverage. As an undersized linebacker, he has to make up for his lack of presence in the line by being able to read plays and cover. He's literally a waste of space out there if he can't do that.

LJ Fort plays with heart but he doesn't have the tools to cover people like Kareem Hunt.

We also miss Earl Thomas. While I get the decision to let him go, we didn't have the personnel to replace him, and i predicted we would miss him when he was cut. He made both Humphrey and Peters look better, and i don't think it's a coincidence that they are both grading worse despite having more or less the same skills.

#10 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 02:15 AM

I can't believe how bad Queen is in pass coverage. As an undersized linebacker, he has to make up for his lack of presence in the line by being able to read plays and cover. He's literally a waste of space out there if he can't do that.

LJ Fort plays with heart but he doesn't have the tools to cover people like Kareem Hunt.

We also miss Earl Thomas. While I get the decision to let him go, we didn't have the personnel to replace him, and i predicted we would miss him when he was cut. He made both Humphrey and Peters look better, and i don't think it's a coincidence that they are both grading worse despite having more or less the same skills.

The ILB play is still pretty bad. Fort is ok. Queen a liability. I'm fighting the urge to label him a bust already. Understand he deserves a full offseason but damn is he lost and soft out there. I think Clark and Elliott are too similar. Both are fine downhill tacklers but struggle in space and coverage

#11 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 06:15 AM

Finally watched the recording of the game yesterday.  That's the beauty of knowing they won and sitting through one of the most pathetic defensive performances in recent memory.  If I had been watching in real time, it wouldn't have been pretty in my house. It's great that we've seen the return of Action Jackson and the running game once again firing on all cylinders. It's a beautiful thing to watch. But my God, that defense.  Are they really that bad now?  I guess you could make the argument that they were gassed in the 4th quarter but it was almost like they weren't even trying.  The tackling, or lack of, was just atrocious.  I took the time to isolate Queen on several plays and it's amazing how often he's not even in the same zip code of where the ball's going.  Or how many times I watched him get blown up by OL in the 2nd level.  He might as well not even be out there at times.  He's a major liability and teams are feasting on him.  So, my excitement in watching Lamar & Co. get back to what they do best was definitely tempered by that pathetic display of on the other side of the ball.  

#12 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 16 December 2020 - 07:23 AM

The ILB play is still pretty bad. Fort is ok. Queen a liability. I'm fighting the urge to label him a bust already. Understand he deserves a full offseason but damn is he lost and soft out there. I think Clark and Elliott are too similar. Both are fine downhill tacklers but struggle in space and coverage

Fort is pretty good in run defense.  He got exposed yesterday trying to run down Kareem Hunt.

I think both Clark and Elliot are SS.  The closest thing we have to a FS playing center field is Jimmy Smith, but he's not nearly as good as Earl Thomas in that role.

Finally watched the recording of the game yesterday.  That's the beauty of knowing they won and sitting through one of the most pathetic defensive performances in recent memory.  If I had been watching in real time, it wouldn't have been pretty in my house. It's great that we've seen the return of Action Jackson and the running game once again firing on all cylinders. It's a beautiful thing to watch. But my God, that defense.  Are they really that bad now?  I guess you could make the argument that they were gassed in the 4th quarter but it was almost like they weren't even trying.  The tackling, or lack of, was just atrocious.  I took the time to isolate Queen on several plays and it's amazing how often he's not even in the same zip code of where the ball's going.  Or how many times I watched him get blown up by OL in the 2nd level.  He might as well not even be out there at times.  He's a major liability and teams are feasting on him.  So, my excitement in watching Lamar & Co. get back to what they do best was definitely tempered by that pathetic display of on the other side of the ball.  

Queen is a bit undersized at MLB, but he's athletic, and with the way teams like to play spread with dual-threat RBs, I figured he'd be a good MLB for that role.  Yeah about that...  An undersized MLB that can't cover or read the ball is basically a waste of space.  I'm surprised they don't play Malik Harrison more, he's completely outplaying Queen in running/neutral downs, and he's not significantly worse in passing downs.

#13 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,990 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 07:52 AM

They need to invest in ILB again in the draft this year. Queen could be another Matt Elam.

#14 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 08:07 AM

They need to invest in ILB again in the draft this year. Queen could be another Matt Elam.

It's easy to be critical after the fact but it's been painfully obvious that Queen was overrated coming out of college.  What scouts and DeCosta saw on tape just didn't translate to the NFL.  He's got a lot of work to do in the off season and we'll see what happens next year but right now, he's a major liability and teams are taking him apart at the knees.  He probably just needs to be benched at this point but I doubt they'll go down that road this late in the season.  

#15 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,990 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 10:39 AM

It's easy to be critical after the fact but it's been painfully obvious that Queen was overrated coming out of college. What scouts and DeCosta saw on tape just didn't translate to the NFL. He's got a lot of work to do in the off season and we'll see what happens next year but right now, he's a major liability and teams are taking him apart at the knees. He probably just needs to be benched at this point but I doubt they'll go down that road this late in the season.

Agree on all points. He parlayed one great college season into being a first round draft pick.

I wouldn't give up on him next year but they for damned sure better be investing in help.

WR
OL
ILB
TE
Pass rush

There's the wishlist.

#16 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 December 2020 - 11:09 AM

Or he could develop into a real good inside LB.  He is, I think the youngest player in the NFL and IMO has been nowhere near the train wreck you and others think.

He leads the team in tackles, has 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, an interception, and a TD.  He plays a complex position.  I realize you enjoy being negative, and many point out when he misses plays and he does, but rarely do we see any mention of the good.  I think he is going to be a good player.  Matt Elam, that is a joke.  Queen has already contributed much more in his short time then Elam did in his entire tenure here.

• BSLChrisStoner and makoman like this
@mikeghg

#17 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 11:20 AM

Last short week game.

hopefully, covid doesnt cause any more slippages.

#18 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 11:22 AM

Or he could develop into a real good inside LB. He is, I think the youngest player in the NFL and IMO has been nowhere near the train wreck you and others think.
He leads the team in tackles, has 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, an interception, and a TD. He plays a complex position. I realize you enjoy being negative, and many point out when he misses plays and he does, but rarely do we see any mention of the good. I think he is going to be a good player. Matt Elam, that is a joke. Queen has already contributed much more in his short time then Elam did in his entire tenure here.

He has been that much of a train wreck. Like I said, he gets a full offseason but man would he have to turn a big corner.

#19 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 December 2020 - 11:22 AM

It is amazing how fast things change on a message board.  3 or 4 weeks ago, we were all up on the defense and were killing the offense.  

Now post the Covid outbreak, and all the injuries, everyone on the defense sucks and Wink is a bum.

I think all the injuries to the defensive backfield have played a role, and I also think we have players like Campbell, who besides playing hurt are dealing with the after affects of Covid.  Hopefully some heal and regain their strength and we see a better performance in the next couple of weeks.

@mikeghg

#20 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 December 2020 - 11:23 AM

He has been that much of a train wreck. Like I said, he gets a full offseason but man would he have to turn a big corner.

I don't agree but fine.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=