#41 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 December 2020 - 10:32 PM

When will we know if Lamar will be playing?

#42 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 12:48 AM

When will we know if Lamar will be playing?

Today(Sunday). Technically we'll know if he's eligible to play. The Ravens could start McSorely since Lamar hasn't practiced. 😂
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#43 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 12:51 AM

I always look at teams' strengths and weaknesses to see how they match up.

Dallas is dead last against the run, 4.9 yards per carry. They're also dead last in passing TDs allowed, 25 to only 4 INTs. All this playing in the NFC East. We're still one of the best rushing teams in the league and would probably win this game with McSorley.

Save some ammo Slide, this ain't the game for it. If we had a bad secondary I'd feel like Dallas could be trouble. Zeke looks washed, Pollard's been more effective I think.

The only disappointing part of this scenario to me is that no matter how good we look I won't take anything positive away from it. Dallas has been that bad. Perfect opponent for a team coming off Covid. Would love to see limited snaps for everybody aside from the Oline and the anchors in the secondary.

I don't think Zeke is washed - their O-line has been decimated and teams can now force Dalton to pass. But he's still Zeke, and they still have weapons all over the field.

#44 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 03:51 AM

Today(Sunday). Technically we'll know if he's eligible to play. The Ravens could start McSorely since Lamar hasn't practiced.

If Lamar Jackson is cleared to play from Covid, the Ravens have to start him even if he wakes up 5 minutes before the game.  Jackson makes things happen with his athleticism.  McSorely will struggle even against a poor Dallas defense.  

• russsnyder likes this

#45 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 05:40 AM

Weren't they a 7 point favorite at New England too?

I feel like Vegas has been making money on the Ravens all year.

Numnuts what he just said has nothing to do with point spreads. You can pick Dallas to win outright at 3-1 odds. If you truly think it's a toss up why wouldn't you take 3-1 on a Dallas win.

#46 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 09:34 AM

Numnuts what he just said has nothing to do with point spreads. You can pick Dallas to win outright at 3-1 odds. If you truly think it's a toss up why wouldn't you take 3-1 on a Dallas win.

1. It's "numbnuts."

2. I'm once again going to let you go back and read, and strengthen that reading comprehension muscle of yours that is so painfully underdeveloped.

#47 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,025 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 09:43 AM

Source: Ravens QB Jackson expected to start

#48 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 10:07 AM

1. It's "numbnuts."

2. I'm once again going to let you go back and read, and strengthen that reading comprehension muscle of yours that is so painfully underdeveloped.

Rofl. Lets play poker sometime if you're not going to take 3-1 odds when you're 50/50 to win.

#49 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 10:23 AM

Source: Ravens QB Jackson expected to start

Good news. 

#50 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 12:31 PM

How can they say he's "expected to start"? Did he test negative for COVID twice in a row?

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#51 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 02:49 PM

Some more numbers for numnuts. Bal now an 8.5 point fave. You can get them at +330 moneyline which is now greater than 75%. Also, Ravens are 5-5-1 against the spread this year. So in the way numnuts meant it, no, Vegas hasnt made money on the Ravens this year.

#52 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 06 December 2020 - 05:48 PM

Some more numbers for numnuts. Bal now an 8.5 point fave. You can get them at +330 moneyline which is now greater than 75%. Also, Ravens are 5-5-1 against the spread this year. So in the way numnuts meant it, no, Vegas hasnt made money on the Ravens this year.

So Vegas broke even. Without checking, I assume in 4 of the 5 failures to cover we were clear favorites and the fifth was the win over Philly? Not sure how that leads to Dallas being a given win with or without the spread.

#53 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 06:20 PM

No one thinks Dal is a given win. Everyone not named numnuts believes we are the favorite.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#54 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 06:42 PM

No one thinks Dal is a given win. Everyone not named numnuts believes we are the favorite.

And how much has "believing we're the favorite" been worth so far this year?

#55 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 December 2020 - 06:52 PM

Against teams like Dallas, great. They've won the games they are absolutely supposed to win.

#56 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 07:07 PM

Against teams like Dallas, great. They've won the games they are absolutely supposed to win.

Hey remember when someone said Ari was the best team in the NFC. Good times.

#57 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 06 December 2020 - 07:12 PM

$0 if I read 5-5-1 correctly.

#58 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,025 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 08:23 PM

Balt SunRavens WR Dez Bryant prepares for reunion with Cowboys after eight seasons in Dallas, two years out of NFL

#59 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 09:50 PM

Dallas should not be dismissed, they do have some talent.  Andy Dalton has killed the Ravens before on a few occasions, and they have Elliott and Amari Cooper.  But their OL is patchwork and their defense is horrible.  It looked like they quit on Thanksgiving day.  Mike McCarthy doesn't appear to have control of the team.  So the Ravens should win what is shaping up as a must win game.  

Further down the road, a team that most people, myself included, put in that 4 easy win category is all of the sudden not so much of an easy win.  The Giants have quietly put together a 4 game win streak and their defense is tough.  They just went into Seattle and won.  They have been in every game this year except a big loss to San Francisco.   The Ravens should beat them at home, but this can no longer be considered an "easy win."

• russsnyder likes this

#60 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 10:48 PM

Like New England?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=