556 replies to this topic

#21 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 09:23 PM

In other words, you're trolling and don't really believe its a coin flip if Lamar plays.

I'm gonna just let you continue to read over and over again until those comprehension skills become less anemic.

#22 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 07:53 AM

He’s always trolling. I need to put him on ignore once and for all. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#23 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 08:16 AM

I honestly don't think its that egregious to call it close to 50/50 with Lamar playing. He hasn't practiced for 2 weeks. The O-line is all over the place. Andrews is possibly out. This is far from the team we opened the season with.

Sure the Cowboys are bad. But they have weapons on offense. And Dalton is experienced, especially against the Ravens. With the way we've been tackling lately, all he has to do is get it in Zeke's, Coopers, Lamb's or Gallup's hands and it could be a big play.

Then again. Maybe Lamar took the time off to pull his head out of his a$$, and he comes out firing, and we blow them out.

#24 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 09:09 AM

I honestly don't think its that egregious to call it close to 50/50 with Lamar playing. He hasn't practiced for 2 weeks. The O-line is all over the place. Andrews is possibly out. This is far from the team we opened the season with.

Sure the Cowboys are bad. But they have weapons on offense. And Dalton is experienced, especially against the Ravens. With the way we've been tackling lately, all he has to do is get it in Zeke's, Coopers, Lamb's or Gallup's hands and it could be a big play.

Then again. Maybe Lamar took the time off to pull his head out of his a$$, and he comes out firing, and we blow them out.

Exactly my thinking.

#25 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 09:18 AM

Anyone who thinks it's close to 50/50 should be betting hard on on the Cowboys because you can get 75/25 on it (bet $100 on Dallas to win $300).

Nobody actually thinks that it's a 50/50 game. Doesn't mean the Ravens can't lose. They certainly can. 7 point favorites lose regularly. But they're clearly the favorites. It's not a tossup.
  • JordanKough likes this

#26 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 09:25 AM

Anyone who thinks it's close to 50/50 should be betting hard on on the Cowboys because you can get 75/25 on it (bet $100 on Dallas to win $300).

Nobody actually thinks that it's a 50/50 game. Doesn't mean the Ravens can't lose. They certainly can. 7 point favorites lose regularly. But they're clearly the favorites. It's not a tossup.

Weren't they a 7 point favorite at New England too?

I feel like Vegas has been making money on the Ravens all year.

#27 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,970 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 09:48 AM

You have been MacGifd and you dont even know it yet

#28 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 10:46 AM

Weren't they a 7 point favorite at New England too?

Can't be, because like I just said a 7 point favorite has never lost in the history of point spreads.

Come on, man.

#29 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,970 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 03:00 PM

Really need Lamar to test negative tomorrow. Really holding my breath.

#30 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,970 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 03:04 PM

Dallas has a horrible defense so that should help but it would be foolish to think we're not going to have some rust. Think it'll be a bit of a grind.

#31 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 05 December 2020 - 03:38 PM

Certainly doesn't feel that way. Nobody seems concerned in any way assuming Lamar goes.

I know you will read more into this than I’m saying but I think the Ravens win this one with McSorley. If Brandon Williams and Campbell play Elliotts impact can be severely limited and he already has fumbling issues. 

Roll Tide

#32 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 03:45 PM

I feel like Vegas has been making money on the Ravens all year.

The goal for bookmakers is to get the line exactly so that half the public bets on one side and half bets on the other. That's how they make the most money. That's why you see lines move throughout the week sometimes. If too much money is coming in on one side then they change the line to get back to more even on both sides.

#33 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 05 December 2020 - 03:48 PM

Dallas has a horrible defense so that should help but it would be foolish to think we're not going to have some rust. Think it'll be a bit of a grind.

I picked Elliott with the 3rd overall in my fantasy league this year Because he was the BPA. He’s been bad (less than 7 points per game 5 out of the last 6 weeks. The outlier was against the Vikings. As I mentioned if Campbell and Williams play it could be another disappointment for Zeke.

Roll Tide

#34 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 05 December 2020 - 03:48 PM

The goal for bookmakers is to get the line exactly so that half the public bets on one side and half bets on the other. That's how they make the most money. That's why you see lines move throughout the week sometimes. If too much money is coming in on one side then they change the line to get back to more even on both sides.

Yep.... the juice!

Roll Tide

#35 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 09:49 PM

Can't be, because like I just said a 7 point favorite has never lost in the history of point spreads.

Come on, man.

Go read the beginning of the NE game thread.

They opened as a 7 point favorite. You even acknowledged as such in that very thread, and said you thought 7 points felt light.

Maybe it moved during the week, but don't act like I was catastrophically wrong. I just remembered what was discussed on that very thread.

#36 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 09:51 PM

Go read the beginning of the NE game thread.

They opened as a 7 point favorite. You even acknowledged as such in that very thread, and said you thought 7 points felt light.

Maybe it moved during the week, but don't act like I was catastrophically wrong. I just remembered what was discussed on that very thread.

You've gotta be kidding.

#37 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 09:52 PM

You've gotta be kidding.

7 points feels like a light line to me. If I were a gambler I'd be playing the Ravens this week.

Nope.

#38 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 December 2020 - 10:00 PM

He’s saying upsets happen, doesn’t mean the odds were wrong.

#39 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 10:01 PM

He’s saying upsets happen, doesn’t mean the odds were wrong.

And what I'm saying is that the Ravens have been "upset" 4 times this year. As I recall, they have been favored in every game they've lost except this last Pitt game.

The odds are bullsh*t.

#40 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 10:26 PM

I always look at teams' strengths and weaknesses to see how they match up.

Dallas is dead last against the run, 4.9 yards per carry. They're also dead last in passing TDs allowed, 25 to only 4 INTs. All this playing in the NFC East. We're still one of the best rushing teams in the league and would probably win this game with McSorley.

Save some ammo Slide, this ain't the game for it. If we had a bad secondary I'd feel like Dallas could be trouble. Zeke looks washed, Pollard's been more effective I think.

The only disappointing part of this scenario to me is that no matter how good we look I won't take anything positive away from it. Dallas has been that bad. Perfect opponent for a team coming off Covid. Would love to see limited snaps for everybody aside from the Oline and the anchors in the secondary.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=