Photo

Balt Sun: ‘The odd couple’: College roomates Zac Lowther, Rylan Bannon excited to share Orioles’ 40-man roster

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,681 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:24 AM

Balt Sun: ‘The odd couple’: College roomates Zac Lowther, Rylan Bannon excited to share Orioles’ 40-man roster

#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:30 PM

I am anxious to see Lowther.  A guy whose opinion I respect, said think Scott McGregor.  Sign me up for that.

@mikeghg

#3 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:37 PM

Let’s Go X!

#4 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,579 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:18 PM

I am anxious to see Lowther.  A guy whose opinion I respect, said think Scott McGregor.  Sign me up for that.

So the question remains, Lowther instead of who?

You have Means, Kremer and Akin in the rotation this year.  GRod and Hall are our best pitching prospects and they can be here sooner than later.

He's on the 40 this year so if he's not in the rotation, you burn his first option.  You can leave him in AAA as depth for the next 3 years.  Seems a little unfair to the kid, but you can do it.

Just from the left side, his role competes with Wells and newly acquired Kevin Smith (likely moves to bullpen).  You have guys like Fry and Scott already in bullpen roles for several years.

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 24 November 2020 - 03:01 PM

So the question remains, Lowther instead of who?

You have Means, Kremer and Akin in the rotation this year.  GRod and Hall are our best pitching prospects and they can be here sooner than later.

He's on the 40 this year so if he's not in the rotation, you burn his first option.  You can leave him in AAA as depth for the next 3 years.  Seems a little unfair to the kid, but you can do it.

Just from the left side, his role competes with Wells and newly acquired Kevin Smith (likely moves to bullpen).  You have guys like Fry and Scott already in bullpen roles for several years.

IMO, you do not have to answer that question yet.  Lowther will probably be in AA or AAA if there are minor league seasons in 2021.  If Akin, Kremer, Means, Cobb all turn out to be keepers as starters and the kids make a splash, then good for us.

Reality usually tells us that some do not make it.  The more possibilities you have the better.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=