604 replies to this topic

#21 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 11:46 AM

This is their chance to make a statement.  Earlier this year the Titans were in a similar situation:  multiple Covid positives, facility shutdown, only virtual walk throughs.  They came out and blew out Buffalo.  The Ravens need to do the same to same their season.  The short week doesn't help, but at least they are going up against a team they know very well.  That should help with the planning. 

A lot of people are talking about heart and other non-measurable things.  I don't think it is heart these guys lack, but a lack of talent for some, and a lack of brains for others with talent.  Lamar needs to carry them if they are going to have a chance.

#22 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 25 November 2020 - 01:04 PM

Game moved to Sunday.

#23 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 November 2020 - 01:08 PM

"I'm in danger" [/Wiggum]

#24 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 November 2020 - 01:08 PM

Campbell and Skura the latest to test positive. It will be a miracle if this game happens.
@mikeghg

#25 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 01:11 PM

IMO, the lack of “get up”, is nothing more than what fans say during bad stretches.

A few weeks ago, Judon got thrown out for making incidental contact with a Ref, when he rushed in to help a team mate who was in a scuffle. He got killed here and on talk shows all over town for doing it. Now a few weeks later, the team lacks character for not rushing out and getting in a brawl. I can almost guarantee that had we done that, people would be screaming about a lack of discipline.

I mean it from a standpoint that I feel like sometimes I see a team in a hard fought game come out on the losing end, end up losing the next game huge, as if the loss took the last bit of air out of them. Also I feel that a team that lays a complete egg that logic says they shouldn’t, come out the next week pissed off and they win big.

No way to measure this of course.
@BSLMikeRandall

#26 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 25 November 2020 - 01:28 PM

Steelers players seem pretty annoyed it got pushed back

she/her

#27 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 01:41 PM

Perspective you idiot Steelers fans and players. I get the frustration. Id be frustrated too. Be thankful you have football to watch or , as a player, youre getting paid this year.

#28 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 November 2020 - 01:42 PM

Steelers players seem pretty annoyed it got pushed back

That came from Schuster.  If it turns out the Ravens were out partying then it is hard to disagree.  If it is a natural spread then, shut the hell up Ju Ju.

Time will tell.

@mikeghg

#29 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 November 2020 - 01:43 PM

I think this game goes back to Tuesday and the Cowboy game is moved too.

@mikeghg

#30 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 01:58 PM

I think this game goes back to Tuesday and the Cowboy game is moved too.

Or Monday? Seems the best conclusion though they lose two "primetime" Thur games in a row. NFL can't be happy.

#31 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 November 2020 - 02:46 PM

Mekari the latest to test positive.  Seriously can the Ravens field a team at this point.

@mikeghg

#32 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:36 PM

Mekari the latest to test positive.  Seriously can the Ravens field a team at this point.

And Campbell and Skura are now inelgible to play on Sunday, too. So that's BWill, Mekari, Skura, Campbell, Dobbins, Ingram that aren't elgible to play, right? 

Once the game has been cancelled out of the Thursday night slot, I wonder how much the league cares about cancelling this game or not...the playoff revenue from the extra playoff game in both leagues would clearly be a better financial incentive it seems to the league if they were looking at this from a straight $$ perspective. 

Plus a cancellation of this week would allow for them to keep the Cowboys lined up for Thursday which I'm sure the league would prefer. Moving both games to Sunday seems to be the worst possible financial incentive at this point for the league. 

#33 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:22 PM

I'm all over the Steelers at -3.

EDIT - it's -4.5 now I guess the COVID injuries moved the line.

Serious question. Can (at least)the legal books cancel any bets made before the game date was changed? The line has to jump around if more Ravens are available, right?

#34 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:08 PM

It was the strength and conditioning coach.

No mask-wearing and didn't report symptoms.

Surprised the whole damned team isn't infected. They apparently have disciplined him.

Honestly they should fire him. Immediately. That is disrespectful at best and reckless endangerment at worst.
  • Mashed Potatoes likes this

#35 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:13 PM

Serious question. Can (at least)the legal books cancel any bets made before the game date was changed? The line has to jump around if more Ravens are available, right?

That's a real good question.  I think if the game is just moved, any bets made will stand.  If it would move out of week 12 to say after the season finishes, then they might refund all bets and take new action, but just a couple of days the bets are probably good.  It's kind of the same as if you bet a line early in the week, and then the star QB injures himself the day before the game and the line makes a big move.  The original bets stand, but any new bets will be made at the new line.  They were probably taking limited action on that game anyway once the Ravens started reporting positives.  

• JStruds likes this

#36 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:20 PM

It was the strength and conditioning coach.

No mask-wearing and didn't report symptoms.

Surprised the whole damned team isn't infected. They apparently have disciplined him.

Honestly they should fire him. Immediately. That is disrespectful at best and reckless endangerment at worst.

Yeah, I can't see how he can keep his job.  The discipline is an attempt by the Ravens to avoid league discipline.  This is a serious protocol violation that could lead to the league penalizing the team with a hefty fine and the loss of a draft choice.  They already took that action against the Raiders earlier in the year.  

#37 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:21 PM

Yeah, I can't see how he can keep his job. The discipline is an attempt by the Ravens to avoid league discipline. This is a serious protocol violation that could lead to the league penalizing the team with a hefty fine and the loss of a draft choice. They already took that action against the Raiders earlier in the year.

The selfish ignorance of people absolutely shocks me. I'm glad it wasn't the team out partying.

#38 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,702 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:35 PM

Need more info on how severely this guy effed up. Nothing has been said that indicates he was patient zero. I'll wait to hear more before crucifying.

But if he is the impetus for the spread and was blatantly flaunting the protocols then he needs to be fired. And whoever is in charge of making sure people are following the protocols also should be fired. And any penalty the league wants to take regarding fines or draft picks would be justified.

#39 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:20 PM

Someone needs to tell Juju and Eric Ebron the postponement is to safeguard them and their teammates. Bunch of whiny jerks. It sucks, but it is the correct thing to do. The Ravens now have to sign guys off the street just to field a team. I would love it if somehow they could pull off a miracle and win this game. It would be epic.

It's just not their year folks.

#40 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:21 PM

Pittsburgh isn't really all that good. I stand by that. Nothing I've seen changes that. So they better STFU or they're gonna add extra motivation for a team that's just getting shit on right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=