BSL: Previewing Week 12: Ravens at Steelers

#2 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 03:12 PM

I haven't seen much to give me hope that the Ravens can roll into Pittsburgh and beat the Steelers on a short week.

31-14 Steelers
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#3 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 03:18 PM

Hopefully the odds makers still think the Ravens are relevant. Been making easy money the last 2 weeks. 😁

#4 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 05:37 PM

Ravens facility shut down  for COVID cases; Ingram and Dobbins tested positive.

Very little chance we win this game before losing Dobbins, much more unlikely now.

• russsnyder likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 November 2020 - 05:51 PM

I just don't see it. Pittsburgh is still way overrated IMO. We handed them game 1. Gus has a great track record against Pittsburgh of late. Their run game isn't something I'm fearful of, so the loss of Calais and BWill don't mean quite as much, IMO. This game will be Stanley'less, against a feirce pass rush, so that concerns me. But bottom line, get to Ben, make him uncomfortable, win this game. It's that simple. 

I do think the Ravens win the game if it's played. If they don't show up, that'll 100% prove the criticisms about the lack of heart, etc. If they can't get up for this one, why even have a pulse?

#6 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 05:59 PM

Ravens facility shut down for COVID cases; Ingram and Dobbins tested positive.

Very little chance we win this game before losing Dobbins, much more unlikely now.

Man, that is a big blow.

Hope these guys get well soon.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#7 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 06:28 PM

I just don't see it. Pittsburgh is still way overrated IMO. We handed them game 1. Gus has a great track record against Pittsburgh of late. Their run game isn't something I'm fearful of, so the loss of Calais and BWill don't mean quite as much, IMO. This game will be Stanley'less, against a feirce pass rush, so that concerns me. But bottom line, get to Ben, make him uncomfortable, win this game. It's that simple.

I do think the Ravens win the game if it's played. If they don't show up, that'll 100% prove the criticisms about the lack of heart, etc. If they can't get up for this one, why even have a pulse?

They'll show up but really short week and just a ton of attrition. Maybe more to come. Hard to believe they wont rule out more who were close to Dobbins and Ingram. Division is lost anyway. As a competitor you dont give up on any game. As a fan, and being practical a big part of me would trade a forfeit for essentially a 2nd bye to get ready as healthy as possible and prepared for the final 5 weeks and playoff push.

#8 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 23 November 2020 - 06:29 PM

I wanna see if they'll be more willing to try jet sweep type plays with Hollywood or Duvernay to change things up in the running game

she/her

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 07:58 PM

The key Thursday is to keep extending the game.
Don't get knocked out early. Get into the 4th with the game within reach.

Defense and Special Teams have to show.
Get Gus running downhill.

#10 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:52 PM

I wanna see if they'll be more willing to try jet sweep type plays with Hollywood or Duvernay to change things up in the running game

They keep running one of them in motion, but never actually use them. Teams have no reason to react to it until Roman actually uses them.

#11 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:56 PM

Looks like Steelers are a 3 point favorite.
@BSLMikeRandall

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:04 AM

Lots of Gus. Also an opportunity for Hill.

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:23 AM

Balt SunRavens ‘hopeful’ DE Calais Campbell can play Thursday; 5 players listed on estimated injury report

#14 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 04:31 PM

No, they won't. That's my prediction. Why would Harbaugh start now? Running the football isn't a priority for him...

#15 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:43 PM

This game just feels like it will be non-competitive.

#16 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:34 PM

Demoralizing loss last week when you had a chance to rebound after a letdown. There isn’t any “get up” in the team considering the Titans as a team did the TO spike on the Dallas star and no one did anything about it except Harbaugh. Covid on their minds heavy and missing family on Thanksgiving.

I just don’t think their heads will be there.

Steelers 42, Ravens 19.
@BSLMikeRandall

#17 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 November 2020 - 08:34 AM

Demoralizing loss last week when you had a chance to rebound after a letdown. There isn’t any “get up” in the team considering the Titans as a team did the TO spike on the Dallas star and no one did anything about it except Harbaugh. Covid on their minds heavy and missing family on Thanksgiving.

I just don’t think their heads will be there.

Steelers 42, Ravens 19.

IMO, the lack of “get up”, is nothing more than what fans say during bad stretches.

A few weeks ago, Judon got thrown out for making incidental contact with a Ref, when he rushed in to help a team mate who was in a scuffle.  He got killed here and on talk shows all over town for doing it.  Now a few weeks later, the team lacks character for not rushing out and getting in a brawl.  I can almost guarantee that had we done that, people would be screaming about a lack of discipline.

• JStruds likes this
@mikeghg

#18 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 November 2020 - 08:35 AM

One other thing, I would be willing to bet the coaches were yelling at players to stay off the field.

@mikeghg

#19 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 08:46 AM

I'm all over the Steelers at -3.

EDIT - it's -4.5 now I guess the COVID injuries moved the line.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#20 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 November 2020 - 10:01 AM

The Ravens are likely to play this game with about 6 PS players active and key people missing on defense especially.

Lamar is going to have to be great for us to have a chance and it is tough seeing that happen, without 2 running backs.   Thanksgiving night may not be fun, but that is why they play the games.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=