• Please log in to reply
797 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 08:04 AM

Will the Ravens have Campbell and Williams back to go against Henry?

The Bank: Episode 29: Previewing Tennessee

https://anchor.fm/th.../Week-11-empdse

#2 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 17 November 2020 - 08:08 AM

Will the Ravens have Campbell and Williams back to go against Henry?

Isn’t Campbell on the ir? I thought they mentioned that during the broadcast Sunday night. If Williams can play I suspect it will be lass than 100%

Roll Tide

#3 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 08:20 AM

I doubt they have Williams. Campbell is supposed to miss multiple weeks.

Honestly, I just don't see how they win this game barring something flukey or unpredictable happening. Tennessee is exactly the kind of team built to beat the Ravens as they currently stand.

Tennessee's big weakness on defense is their secondary (particularly their CBs), and the Ravens passing game is too weak to take advantage of it.

Tennessee's big strength is their running game, which is currently the Ravens biggest weakness. Baltimore's biggest strength is their run game as well, but Tennessee has a good enough front 7 to limit the damage it can do. I don't think the Ravens are equipped to limit Henry thus week.

One of, if not the best mismatch option in the Titans passing game is TE Jonnu Smith. The biggest liability in the Ravens defense is Queen, an undersized ILB who I expect to get targeted all day over the middle when he drops back into coverage when Henry isn't running over him.

On top of that, the Titans have the mental edge of knowing they depantsed the Ravens last year in the playoffs and that they haven't fully recovered since.

The Ravens want revenge, but I think Tennessee looks at this as a "get right" game after a matchup with the Colts where they were on the opposite end of this equation. Indy took away Henry with their elite run D. Maybe if Campbell and Williams were healthy, Baltimore could do the same thing. We're not likely to know now though.

Ultimately I think it just isn't that close. I'm not going to predict a score because there are too many variables at play, but I expect the Ravens to drop their 2nd in a row.

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 09:16 AM

Isn’t Campbell on the ir? I thought they mentioned that during the broadcast Sunday night. If Williams can play I suspect it will be lass than 100%

Campbell is day-to-day.  Williams probably misses Tennessee, and maybe Pittsburgh since it will be a short-week.  

#5 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 09:20 AM

On the broadcast they said Campbell was on the IR which caught me by surprise since it was the first time I'd heard it.

They better get healthy and fast because after the way NE ran the ball on us, Henry might get 300 yards.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 09:39 AM

Titans have lost 3 of 4, Ravens 2 of 3.

The Titans have more big play ability than the Ravens right now with Henry, and receivers that can win on those deep balls. Ravens are rotating the running back snaps, and until Snead a couple nights ago, YAC seem non-existent. Andrews not nearly a top flight TE and Hollywood, well, don’t get me started.

Titan’s defense can be had, but so can the Ravens being thin up front, no depth behind Marlon and Peters, and Queen having up and down games.

I can’t speak on the Titans discipline, but the Ravens are severely lacking in this regard with turnovers, really dumb penalties, and they can’t even execute fundamentals like lining up properly.

The good news is that the discipline stuff can be cleaned up. Despite the injuries and turnovers, the Ravens have been in every game. Fix the nonsense and you might be in a better position to come out ahead. Coaches have shown the ability to adjust at halftime, so that’s good to see.

But until the Ravens have a clean game where they don’t give the ball up multiple times, the center can actually snap a football, they line up properly ever play, no dumb late hits, fair catch interference... Show me they can be disciplined before I can pick them in a game against a like or better opponent.

Titans 31
Ravens 26
@BSLMikeRandall

#7 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:37 PM

Unless TN decides to throw the ball 40 times and run Henry sparingly, I don't know how we win this one. That won't stop me from watching and cheering for a Ravens win, but with the DL and the DB reeling from injuries and an offense suffering its own injuries and redefining inconsistency weekly, it just doesn't seem likely.

#8 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:44 PM

Unless TN decides to throw the ball 40 times and run Henry sparingly, I don't know how we win this one. That won't stop me from watching and cheering for a Ravens win, but with the DL and the DB reeling from injuries and an offense suffering its own injuries and redefining inconsistency weekly, it just doesn't seem likely.

So unless the Titans pull a Ravens on offense, is what you're saying.

#9 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:45 PM

So unless the Titans pull a Ravens on offense, is what you're saying.

Not very subtle, was I? 😉

#10 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:01 PM

If we lose this one things get a little hairy re: playoffs.
  • JStruds likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#11 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:01 PM

Yeah, we will see. I think they can be better than what we saw in the NEP game without Campbell and Williams. And hopefully coaching can get the ILB guys to be better prepared to fill and not overpursue and be ready. 

#12 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:16 PM

Tenn isnt that good. Solid, but nothing special. The Ravens definitely need to nut up and I expect them to do so.

#13 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:19 PM

To me, a lot of this comes down to preparation and game plan. If inferior guys are getting beat regularly, so be it. But put the talent in the best position to succeed or not. 

#14 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:19 PM

Btw not surprising Ravens fans are fretting and I understand it to an extent but we are 6.5 point favs.

#15 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:25 PM

Tenn is 18th in DVOA. I said they're solid and it seems on paper they are but there is obviously underlying issues that make them 18th in DVOA and currently a 6.5 point dog to a banged up Ravens team. I find it funny that some think they're a SB contender but we aren't.

Also Indy now 5th in DVOA. We are 6th but a good bit of % points behind them. Think its time for someone to admit the Colts are a good team. A good team that the Ravens beat. Without Campbell or Humphrey.

#16 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:38 PM

They need to control the game from the start. That's not a team you are going to have success against playing from behind.
  • DuffMan likes this

#17 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:43 PM

They need to control the game from the start. That's not a team you are going to have success against playing from behind.

Maybe a bit more conservative. Still believe we would have won the playoff game had we punted at the 50 in the 1st Q. I know thats hindsight and we had dominated in those situations up to that point but our ego got the best of us in that game.

#18 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:45 PM

There isn't enough talk about the defense completely crapping the bed that game. Everyone wants to blame Lamar, but the defense failed to make stops and manage FG's instead of TD's.
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#19 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 18 November 2020 - 09:21 PM

Btw not surprising Ravens fans are fretting and I understand it to an extent but we are 6.5 point favs.

I’ll take the Ravens -6.5. They’ve had this game circled on the calendar since January.
  • DuffMan and TwentyThirtyFive like this

#20 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 10:12 PM

There isn't enough talk about the defense completely crapping the bed that game. Everyone wants to blame Lamar, but the defense failed to make stops and manage FG's instead of TD's.

Yeah, the playoff game really wasnt on Lamar. He wasnt MVP caliber but he wasn't Joe Flacco in NE in '09 either. A game we won. Your point is a valid one and the truth of the matter is that last year the offense's ability to score and dominate TOP really covered up a poor defense. It was a good job this offseason to bring in guys like Campbell and Wolfe and bring back guys like Smith and Peters. EDC knew the defense was shaky and had they planned on the offense to carry them again this year they would be in a really bad spot right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=