#21 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,331 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 November 2020 - 10:02 AM

It likely won't apply to this game, but I wonder if the Big Ten will do what the SEC has done and decide to play makeup games on the same day as the Big Ten Championship game (Dec 19) as long as neither team is in the CCG. If the Terps can't get back on the field in time for MSU next week, maybe they could make up that game in Dec.

They'd already planned on every team playing that week. The non-CCG teams will play the closest team to them in the standings.

@BSLZackKiesel

#22 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 12 November 2020 - 10:34 AM

They knew it was high risk to try and get the season in. Not going to fault them for trying.

Yeah I’m not mad at them. The one questionable decision was not doing a bubble type system but I don’t know that it coulda worked like it did for the other sports. It probably works for the playoffs though.
@JeremyMStrain

#23 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 November 2020 - 11:08 AM

I think the pressure to get a season in was great.  A bubble would have been good, but I am not sure they could have pulled that off.  College kids find impossible to stay in their dorms.  

@mikeghg

#24 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 11:21 AM

I think the pressure to get a season in was great.  A bubble would have been good, but I am not sure they could have pulled that off.  College kids find impossible to stay in their dorms.  

Adult NBA players had the same issue, inability to stay in.

#25 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 November 2020 - 01:22 PM

Adult NBA players had the same issue, inability to stay in.

Actually I thought the NBA did an excellent job except for a handful of guys

@mikeghg

#26 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 01:24 PM

Actually I thought the NBA did an excellent job except for a handful of guys

Your right.

#27 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:06 PM

Yeah I know some schools tried it on the micro level. I mean even in normal time for 85% of life, the big sport kids are all bubbled anyway. They have their own facilities, they are grouped together living, etc. But they STILL couldn't keep them from spreading and picking up stuff. They shoulda just locked it down and did a hard bubble per sport at least, but they kinda half assed it, and this is what happens.

@JeremyMStrain

#28 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:11 PM

Yeah I know some schools tried it on the micro level. I mean even in normal time for 85% of life, the big sport kids are all bubbled anyway. They have their own facilities, they are grouped together living, etc. But they STILL couldn't keep them from spreading and picking up stuff. They shoulda just locked it down and did a hard bubble per sport at least, but they kinda half assed it, and this is what happens.

Justin Fields only takes online classes https://www.buckeyex...-online-courses

• JeremyStrain likes this

she/her

#29 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:24 PM

Burrow was the same way last year too. The more they've expanded to online classes, versus a couple years ago when the bigger schools wanted nothing to do with them for fear of lowering GPA and other reporting stats. Now that they are more mainstream I bet you see a lot more athletes take part in this. Even after COVID I think it's going to start becoming the norm. Even back in like 2000, I knew some big time athletes at MD that HATED going to class. Getting stared at, asked for autographs, always being watched. It was like being in a fishbowl they said. I was decent friends with one, more than acquaintances, hung out once in a while, but it was always hard to do much cause they are mini celebrities. And when you just wanna unwind and play Golden Tee or something it's hard cause you get mobbed. We would have to sneak into Cornerstone at like 2-3pm for wings and a couple rounds of Golden Tee when no one was around, and had to get out before the happy hour crowd started to roll in.

@JeremyMStrain

#30 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:25 PM

From what he hears the campus is beautiful.  That is a little alarming that he has been there 2 years and really has not seen the campus.

@mikeghg

#31 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:27 PM

I can see years down the road when asked where he went to school.  Do Burrows and Fields say LSU or OSU, sort of?  :-P

@mikeghg

#32 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:29 PM

I can see years down the road when asked where he went to school.  Do Burrows and Fields say LSU or OSU, sort of?  :-P

Yeah I mean, there is the best of both worlds...you can do the college experience, even living on campus and doing online classes these days. It's changed a LOT in the past decade or so.

@JeremyMStrain

#33 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:37 PM

Yeah I mean, there is the best of both worlds...you can do the college experience, even living on campus and doing online classes these days. It's changed a LOT in the past decade or so.

I missed the college experience, went straight to the workforce and worked my arse off, and it worked out very well for me.

Most of my high school friends, skated through college as one big frat party, and that was never my scene.

I know 15 years ago, one of my girls was at Anne Arundel Community and even then, she was taking a couple of her courses online, she so didnt have to drive all the way out to the campus.

#34 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:49 PM

I missed the college experience, went straight to the workforce and worked my arse off, and it worked out very well for me.

Most of my high school friends, skated through college as one big frat party, and that was never my scene.

I know 15 years ago, one of my girls was at Anne Arundel Community and even then, she was taking a couple of her courses online, she so didnt have to drive all the way out to the campus.

Yeah I got a couple years of it, did the CC to UMD route, but even before I lived there, I hung out there with friends too, so I got most of the usuals, aside from living in the dorms. I've always taken some classes online when I could though, I just don't really like people enough to go see them all the time, but back then they didn't offer many, so it was hard to find ones I needed. My grad program was just about all online though, so that was cake.

• Old Man likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#35 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 November 2020 - 04:44 PM

From what he hears the campus is beautiful.  That is a little alarming that he has been there 2 years and really has not seen the campus.

I mean he sees Ohio State as a development program, not a college, which is pretty reasonable 

she/her

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=