• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:21 AM

The Colts are 5-2, tied for the AFC South lead. 

Indianapolis has outscored the opposition by 62 points, and they've won their last 2 games. 

#2 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:31 AM

In the immortal words of Ray Lewis "This team cannot score on us, they can't even move the ball. You know why? Cause we got each other!"

It'll be a sack party. 

#3 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:33 AM

New Bmore vs old Bmore, classic rival game.

#4 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:42 AM

New Bmore vs old Bmore, classic rival game.

Meh. Colts have been in Indy longer than they were in Baltimore.

Getting close to the point where the Ravens have been here longer than the Colts were here.

Maybe some of the old timers still get worked up about this game but for me, it's just another AFC team.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:49 AM

Meh. Colts have been in Indy longer than they were in Baltimore.

Getting close to the point where the Ravens have been here longer than the Colts were here.

Maybe some of the old timers still get worked up about this game but for me, it's just another AFC team.

Had to look that up, caught me by surprise. 30 years in Baltimore and 36 in Indy.

Damn, I must be getting old. I still remember the Johnny U days well.  Might have to eat at Ginos tonight, just because. lol

I know some Raven friends of mine that still absolutely hate the Colts and Irsay with every breath they take.

I like to push their buttons, when they complain about the Colts getting lured away. Wasnt doing that to the Browns, the same thing? :) :) :) Then you get all the excuses, that it wasnt the same thing. lol

#6 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:52 AM

Had to look that up, caught me by surprise. 30 years in Baltimore and 36 in Indy.

Damn, I must be getting old. I still remember the Johnny U days well.  Might have to eat at Ginos tonight, just because. lol

I know some Raven friends of mine that still absolutely hate the Colts and Irsay with every breath they take.

I like to push their buttons, when they complain about the Colts getting lured away. Wasnt doing that to the Browns, the same thing? :) :) :) Then you get all the excuses, that it wasnt the same thing. lol

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the history, and yes, I wish they'd never moved. Irsay can burn in hell too.

I just can't get worked up over a team I have no memory of being in Baltimore.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 02:03 PM

Balt SunDown Ronnie Stanley and Marlon Humphrey, Ravens are still road favorites vs. Colts

#8 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 November 2020 - 02:15 PM

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the history, and yes, I wish they'd never moved. Irsay can burn in hell too.

I just can't get worked up over a team I have no memory of being in Baltimore.

I grew up a Baltimore Colt fan, I got season tickets as an 11 year old, because a friend of my father passed away, and never missed a game until they moved.  I had a serious hate for the Irsay's but now 36 years later, I can say this game means nothing to me, other than the Ravens need to find a way to win.

I still have the memories when I see the uniform but the anger is long gone.

Just win the game Ravens!

• Huddle It Up Films likes this
@mikeghg

#9 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 04 November 2020 - 07:13 PM

I think we find a way to win running the ball and playing good defense.

Roll Tide

#10 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 03:22 AM

I don't think the Ravens rebound this week. They need to run the ball and they are going against the league's second best run defense. Also, the Ravens will be without Marlon Humphries and possibly some others because of Covid. I think Rivers can pick apart the secondary if he is given time. I hope I am wrong, but I'm thinking Colts 23-17.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 07:35 AM

Balt Sun: Amid coronavirus scare, Ravens defense has a new challenge: Practice without your best players

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 07:44 AM

PressBox: 2020 Baltimore Ravens Predictions: Ravens Vs. Colts Week 9 Picks
https://pressboxonli...s-week-9-picks/

#13 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 November 2020 - 12:04 PM

The interesting thing to me, for this game is who they promote to the 53 to replace Stanley and Phillips in addition to who they call up for this game.

I think we see guys like Will Holden, Nate Hairston, Khali Dorsey and maybe Geno Stone get uniforms for this game..

It will be good to see some step up and surprise us.

@mikeghg

#14 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 November 2020 - 03:45 PM

Ingram and Moore doubtful for Sunday.

Moore got on the field last week on teams but he is hurt again.  

@mikeghg

#15 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 10:24 AM

I think the score is 24-17. I have no idea who is on which side.

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 10:42 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens activate six players from reserve/COVID-19 list while linebacker L.J. Fort is ruled out for Sunday

#17 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 11:07 AM

I really have no reason to believe this but I don't think this game is all that close in favor of the Ravens.  I think Rivers gets sacked at least 5 times, throws a pick or two and the game just snowballs by the 4th quarter.    BALTIMORE 30; COLTS 13 

#18 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 12:54 PM

I really have no reason to believe this but I don't think this game is all that close in favor of the Ravens. I think Rivers gets sacked at least 5 times, throws a pick or two and the game just snowballs by the 4th quarter. BALTIMORE 30; COLTS 13

Indy's pass game doesn't scare me and their run game should be limited by Baltimore. What scares me is their propensity to check down to the backs. That seems to repeatedly torch us.

#19 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 04:03 PM

Indy's pass game doesn't scare me and their run game should be limited by Baltimore. What scares me is their propensity to check down to the backs. That seems to repeatedly torch us.

Rivers still has enough gas in the tank to hurt you if he's got time to throw but I do think the Ravens stuff the Indy running game and force him to air it out more than he probably wants to.  If Baltimore can jump to a quick 14-0 lead and we've stopped their running attack, it's going to be tee-off time and Rivers will always be a turnover machine when under pressure.  We'll see how it plays out but maybe what the Ravens should do is just keep him on the bench and pave the road for another 200+ yards rushing. 

#20 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 06:22 PM

This Colt team is not a team to take lightly.  Since getting upset in their opener at Jacksonville, they have very quietly gone 5-1, losing only at Cleveland in a shoot out.  They are right behind the Ravens in points allowed, they are the #1 defensive team in rushing yards allowed, and the #2 defensive team in passing yards allowed.  They are +5 in turnover differential.  If there is a weakness defensively, they only have 18 sacks in 7 games.  They have not lost in Indy this year.  They have a solid head coach in Frank Reich.  Rivers can be turnover prone, but he is completing 69.7% of his passes and has 10 TDs to 6 ints.  He has only been sacked 7 times all year, so that says something about his offensive line because he tends to hold the ball too long at times. 

The Ravens are going there at the worst possible time.  They are coming off of an emotional giveaway loss to their division rival.  They lost two offensive lineman, one of them their best offensive lineman.  They will be missing their best defensive player, and their weekly routine has been interrupted.  Last years Raven team was clearly better than Indy, this year I'm not so sure.  They dropped out of the first tier with KC when they were blown out by KC.  They are still a 2nd tier team, and probably at the top of that tier or close to it, but they have shown vulnerabilities this year.   

I honestly don't know which way this game is going to go.  Normally I would like the Ravens to bounce back after a tough loss, but I'm just not sold on them the same way.  The offensive line is a mess and if the Colts can take advantage of that, it could be a tough day.  I think even without Humphrey, the defense will do alright, but they do seem to have a lot of games where they go into a lull and let teams move the ball on them for a period of time during the game.  Like the two Pittsburgh drives last week. I'm sure Frank Reich noticed how the no huddle bothered them.  I see this as a true toss up.  I think it will be lower scoring than most people would think, but I thought that last week as well.  I honestly will not be shocked at whatever the outcome is.  

• kudzu likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=