#2 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 26 October 2020 - 11:50 AM

Opening up with a -5.5 favorite is slightly odd, but not surprising considering the record Harbaugh has on a bye week and the Steelers playing a rock em sock em matchup against the Titans away, and lastly going back to back is something oddsmakers use in their back pocket.

@Olsen_Don

#3 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 12:06 PM

When the Titans switched to man coverage, along with a bump and run concept, switch off inside, they really put a dent into the Steelers offense in the second half.  It's something that Wink will surely review with the second half success the Titans had on them.  They will continue to go 11 personnel heavy.  My guess is their going to try and get Johnson on Smith and Claypool on the slot.  I could see 10 personnel, but try to fit that into a 12 grouping to see Claypool on a linebacker.  Its not the easiest of matchups, but they don't have the Chiefs skill set, nor does Ben have the skill set to wait it out.  It's short passing, rubs, (clear picks the NFL refuses to call), and clear outs as a staple of their diet. Its a chuck and pray outside, or if the matchup is right its a chuck up the seam.  Safeties need to stay home, stay honest, play assignment football.  It will be interesting if the Ravens can get pressure with four and clog the lanes, forcing Ben to pat the ball.

They're not the same defense with Devin Bush; he shored up a decent amount of holes in their game.  The linebackers aren't that great in coverage besides him and I don't think much of them along the perimeter either.  They get to the quarterback, but this team can give up chunks of real estate.  It will be interesting if they play flat along the line because I don't think they have the corners to keep pace, but that is why they play the game.  Respect for their record, but they're not the units of old that put fear...that outstanding playmaker that put them over the top...its good unit, but beatable.

@Olsen_Don

#4 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 12:19 PM

Rex doesnt hide his bias, but he said this morning we have the defense to stop Pittsburgh's offense.

#5 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:03 PM

I think the Steelers win again. Better running attack, better receivers, and a very comparable defense. I think the only place the Ravens have a clear edge is special teams.

Steelers 30-24.

#6 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:14 PM

I think the Steelers win again. Better running attack, better receivers, and a very comparable defense. I think the only place the Ravens have a clear edge is special teams.

Steelers 30-24.

Shocking
  • NewMarketSean and JordanKough like this

#7 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:24 PM

Steelers 30-24.

I'll be disappointed if we allow 30. and will be disappointed if we only score 24 but woudln't be surprised with the way the offense has stagnated at times up to this point in the season. 

#8 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:32 PM

I'll be disappointed if we allow 30. and will be disappointed if we only score 24 but woudln't be surprised with the way the offense has stagnated at times up to this point in the season. 

I think we put heat on Ben. I think the Ravens get up for this game and i expect it to be very physical.  We need Lamar to be the MVP in this one.  He is going to get pressured too.  Let's see how he handles it.

@mikeghg

#9 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:33 PM

We're winning the game and proving why we are the best team in the division
  • BSLChrisStoner, BobPhelan and GabeFerguson like this

#10 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:38 PM

We're winning the game and proving why we are the best team in the division

Hell yeah!...I can't wait for Sunday.  I think we win somewhere around 30-20.

@mikeghg

#11 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 07:18 PM

I think there is a better chance of only scoring 24 than there is of Pittsburgh scoring 30.  Pittsburgh is good, but I don't think they are better than the Ravens and even if they are in some areas, they aren't obviously better than the Ravens like Kansas City is in any area.  Steelers got a good win on Sunday, but had to hang on to do it and get lucky that Gostkowski choked on a FG to tie.  Up until that game, neither they nor the Ravens have beaten anybody of worth, unless you want to call Cleveland a quality win.  I don't.  Both teams like to bring pressure on the QB so I expect both QB's will take their share of shots.  Should be a physical game, but the Ravens should win it at home, even with a reduced home field advantage.  It's bigger for the Ravens.  They are a game behind Pittsburgh.  A loss here puts them 2 behind, with the tiebreaker in Pittsburgh's corner and the rematch played on a short week up there.  Ravens need the win or winning the division become a lot less likely.  

• Mike B likes this

#12 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 October 2020 - 08:36 PM

Just reading these posts, it is easy to see this is Steeler week.. Bring the A game Ravens

@mikeghg

#13 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 11:44 PM

If I was a betting man I'd take the under in this game. Both teams control the ball well and can put together long drives so there should be fewer possessions. TOP could be more important than usual and our front seven depth will be a benefit in that aspect. 

Other than that I think all the cliches ring true, especially big plays & turnovers. I won't be disappointed if we only score X amount or give up Y or whatever. It's a rivalry game, division game, statement game so I just want to find a way to win. I care even less than usual how we get it done.

#14 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 October 2020 - 06:43 AM

Soccer Game for my oldest at 2:00, can they flex to Sunday night please?

#15 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 08:07 AM

I don't know what to make of this game.

Outside of the Titans, the Steelers haven't played anyone just like the Ravens, but they did beat the good team they faced and we didn't.

They seem to be clicking on all cylinders, and we're not.

The biggest difference-maker is what advantage we gain from a bye.

• Mike B and JStruds like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#16 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,343 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 October 2020 - 08:56 AM

Outside of the Titans, the Steelers haven't played anyone just like the Ravens, but they did beat the good team they faced and we didn't.

That and Lamar Jackson.

#17 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:17 AM

I have had some of the same thoughts, but the good team we lost to was better than the good team they beat.  Also in watching the Titans game, it looked like they figured some things out in the second half and badly outplayed the Steelers.  It is Steelers/Ravens and it feels like the big game it should always be.

I think the Ravens get this one, we will see Sunday.

@mikeghg

#18 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:42 AM

Without Devin Bush the Ravens should be trying to hit "Texas" routes to the RBs, and other short passes across the middle of the field. I won't be mad if they don't try to force the run against the best run D, and if they throw a lot of quick hitting passes given the good pass rush the Steelers have too. 

If there was ever a game for Jackson to dink and dunk most of the game, then go for a home run when they cheat the short routes, this is it. Won't be mad at 35+ pass attempts for Jackson.

• Huddle It Up Films likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#19 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:57 AM

Without Devin Bush the Ravens should be trying to hit "Texas" routes to the RBs, and other short passes across the middle of the field. I won't be mad if they don't try to force the run against the best run D, and if they throw a lot of quick hitting passes given the good pass rush the Steelers have too. 

If there was ever a game for Jackson to dink and dunk most of the game, then go for a home run when they cheat the short routes, this is it. Won't be mad at 35+ pass attempts for Jackson.

Manufacturing the run game is exactly what they need to do at times.  Make the easy read, check down, or out for 3/4 yards and set yourself up for a manageable second down that can go run or pass, and vice versa.  If they run and gain two yards, they need to seriously think check down to make it 3rd and 3 and it places a strain on them to account for all 11 players on offense. 

As you dink and dunk with some success the running lanes will open, along with the deep shots of getting sucked into the flats.

Also, I can see going all beef packages and get them to over pursue with that dive, along with that over pursue dive and Jackson naked boot.  In this type of game, the Ravens need to unleash the Kraken (Jackson) and use his skill set to exploit teams as well.  All parties have not wanted that type of game, but with the offense not hitting their stride, he might be the key to unclogging everything else and rebalancing how teams attack the Ravens offense.

• Mike in STL likes this
@Olsen_Don

#20 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 01:01 PM

Manufacturing the run game is exactly what they need to do at times. Make the easy read, check down, or out for 3/4 yards and set yourself up for a manageable second down that can go run or pass, and vice versa. If they run and gain two yards, they need to seriously think check down to make it 3rd and 3 and it places a strain on them to account for all 11 players on offense.

As you dink and dunk with some success the running lanes will open, along with the deep shots of getting sucked into the flats.

Also, I can see going all beef packages and get them to over pursue with that dive, along with that over pursue dive and Jackson naked boot. In this type of game, the Ravens need to unleash the Kraken (Jackson) and use his skill set to exploit teams as well. All parties have not wanted that type of game, but with the offense not hitting their stride, he might be the key to unclogging everything else and rebalancing how teams attack the Ravens offense.

Agreed. Don’t hold anything back for this game. Whatever it takes to get the division rather than be 2.5 games back.
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=