154 replies to this topic

#41 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

I think a big part of my guess at who is the mole and who was involved in the bomb plot involves whether there was another copy of the suicide tape and that is what was released by Nazir's successor, or if the tape that was released was the same one that Carrie brought back and Saul found.

If it was just a copy they still had, then I think it's possible that none of the major players we know were terrorists the whole time. If it was snuck out by a mole in the CIA, then we'll find out who that was and they will be involved with the plot.

It's definitely not Saul. They'll have an unrecoverable fan revolt if they do that. I think it could be Quinn. Or it could be someone else. What if it was Max? Everyone always rips him, calls him stupid and mute. What if he's been feeding info out the entire time? Big hole in that theory, obviously, is that he's not technically CIA so he wouldn't have access to a lot of the info that's been leaked.

#42 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

I do think Brody could have still somehow been involved with that. As Chris Monty pointed out, the expressions he was making when Carrie was saying that she chose him, and he kinda stopped and looked out the window with this grimace of pain... and then he immediately pointed out that his car had been moved (as if to intentionally cover his tracks). It wouldn't surprise me at all if that's the case, and if this theme of Carrie's personal affection for Brody impacting her judgement (as she tries to clear his name) is an ongoing theme.

The counter to that was Brody's conversation with his daughter, which I thought was a great scene, just prior to him leaving for the Memorial. That seemed awfully convincing that he was that guy, but no longer is that guy. But nothing would surprise me in season 3.

#43 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

I mean, it's the freaking CIA headquarters. They don't have ANY cameras that would have shown the car being moved in the parking lot?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#44 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

I mean, it's the freaking CIA headquarters. They don't have ANY cameras that would have shown the car being moved in the parking lot?

I'll tell you what, between that and Dexter confessing to murder on a jailhouse phone, I question Showtime's grasp on reality.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#45 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Damian Lewis plays Nick Brody. He also played a soldier in Band of Brothers. Have you ever heard him speak in real life? Prepare to have your mind blown.

btYvCTVuUZE
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#46 chrismonty

chrismonty
  • Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

WHAT???

There's always been something about his dialect that seemed a bit off. I should've known!

#47 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,354 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

Well I've caught up on this show. It was extremely entertaining, but I have some issues with it, mostly with some of Carrie's decisions. I haven't been a big fan of her dating someone she thought was a terrorist and then knew was one. I realize it's been pretty essential to the plot, but I wonder how the show would have turned out without going down that route. She's made some pretty bad decisions involving him, but I also thought it was absurd that she went back into the building by herself looking for an armed Nasir.

Despite that stuff and some other hard to believe things that have already been mentioned, I'm definitely into the show.

#48 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

ibTWwWy_b7k
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#49 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,556 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

It's back. I only watched the first 15-20 minutes before falling asleep, I'll have to finish it tonight.

#50 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Not much going on yet.  Biggest change obviously is Saul throwing Carrie under the bus at the Congressional hearing.  That's gotta massively deteriorate their relationship moving forward, though we've seen Carrie do full 360s before with Brody so maybe they patch it up.

I'm not very interested in the Dana storyline, or anything with the Brody family aside from seeing how much of a babe Inara is (I also liked that she's back to longer hair, and it's a neat little subtle reason that she's growing it out because Brody liked it short).

#51 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,556 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Not much going on yet. Biggest change obviously is Saul throwing Carrie under the bus at the Congressional hearing. That's gotta massively deteriorate their relationship moving forward, though we've seen Carrie do full 360s before with Brody so maybe they patch it up. I'm not very interested in the Dana storyline, or anything with the Brody family aside from seeing how much of a babe Inara is (I also liked that she's back to longer hair, and it's a neat little subtle reason that she's growing it out because Brody liked it short).

Yeah I'm not liking the family stuff so far. It's becoming pretty clear that Damian Lewis was the biggest draw for me. His absence was glaring but at the same time it made sense.

#52 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

The subcommittee chairman Lockhart comes off as a major douche.  Which is a compliment to the guy playing him.

Also like that they'll be doing some more stuff with Quinn this season, it looks like.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#53 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

Sooooooo are we ever gonna see Brody?

#54 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,556 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

Sooooooo are we ever gonna see Brody?

Looks like next week. Carrie is annoying this season.

#55 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

You're not wrong, but holy hell Claire Daines is acting the shit out of this season so far. Just incredible.

I'm digging it so far. 

#56 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,556 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

You're not wrong, but holy hell Claire Daines is acting the shit out of this season so far. Just incredible. I'm digging it so far.
I think it may be a little too much. I'm starting to wonder if she can act normal. But I'm willing to see what they're doing. Still not much interest in the Brody family but the bathroom scene was pretty great. Masters of Sex is my favorite Sunday show at the moment.

#57 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

I was kinda surprised how much of a dick Sal was to the new analyst brought in.  Combine that with him publicly throwing Carrie under the bus and I'm digging the new Sal.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#58 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,556 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

The first example was completely out of character, I didn't like that. No problems with the other one.

#59 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Blah.

#60 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,556 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

Blah.

Kind of feel the same way but still thought it was better than the first two.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=