#21 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

Giving this thread a major bump. I have finally caught up on this show and am looking forward to the conclusion of season 2. Two questions (which may or may not be related).

1) Did we ever find out how Jess knew about Brodie banging Carrie in season 1?

2) Did we ever find out who the "mole" was in the CIA?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#22 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

I believe it's no on both counts.

This season continues to deliver in huge ways each and every week. What an amazing season.

#23 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

I believe it's no on both counts.

This season continues to deliver in huge ways each and every week. What an amazing season.

We definitely never found out who the mole was but the only real person it could be that we know is Estes.

This really has been a great season. Every time I start to doubt them they reel me right back in. Love it.

#24 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Homeland was fantastic yet again this week. The exchange between Nazir and Carrie was really well done. Brody's "I'm killing you" line near the end was a bit overdone, but I still can't believe they've already done this. Once again, this show just doesn't eff around and sprints through plot points time and time again. It will be interesting to see where they go from here.

#25 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

This week felt a little bit too much like 24 for me. I loved 24, and I love Homeland, but I do think they shouldn't be similar. I know we've seen Brody carry out "missions" before, but getting into Walden's office, remaining there alone for several minutes, finding that serial number, that being enough to control his pacemaker wirelessly, and then Walden himself coming in and Nazir killing him right then all seemed a bit of a stretch. As did Carrie's car accident and abduction by Nazir himself (although we didn't see who hit her, so it could have been someone else, but it didn't look like anyone else was with him at that facility).

Still an entertaining episode, but I prefer it when this show stays a bit more realistic, IMO, and doesn't require quite as much suspension of disbelief.

I do really, really like the turn that Quinn / Estes have had, where they are going to kill Brody after his mission is done. It'd defensible from a justice standpoint to kill someone who tried to attack the country like Brody did but also has the added benefit of covering Estes' ass politically. It will also be real interesting to see what happens now that Walden is dead.

#26 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

In order for the show to take such a rapid pace, they've abandoned reality a bit and asked us to turn the other way with some of the unrealistic things that have occurred. I've still enjoyed the heck out of it, but it does need to anchor down a bit, IMO, and develop a more meaty plot line that we can latch onto and watch unfold over a season or two.

#27 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

This show is wild. In the span of one episode, they can have you on the edge of your seat both in support of terrorists and in support of the "good guys".
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#28 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Yeah that was a very good episode. Intense.

#29 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Wd75z9LEoHo
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#30 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

"Hey dad I'm eating cereal!" almost had me in tears.
  • SammyBirdland likes this

@bopper33

#31 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

"Hey dad I'm eating cereal!" almost had me in tears.

Spoiler alert: more cereal in last night's episode.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#32 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

Hopefully his family is quickly written off the show. Other than the wife being nice enough to look at I have no use for any of them.

@bopper33

#33 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Posted Image
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#34 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

DVR'd last night's season finale so I could watch SF/NE. Looking forward to watching it tonight.

@bopper33

#35 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

DVR'd last night's season finale so I could watch SF/NE. Looking forward to watching it tonight.

Spoiler alert, I hope I'm not giving too much away here, but:

We almost had another cereal reference. The parents were talking about how everyone was doing, and mom said that the boy wasn't eating. I was so waiting for her to say "not even cereal", but it didn't happen.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#36 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

Yeah spoiler alert if you haven't watched yet...

I thought it was a great finale. Didn't see any of what they did coming. I think this will also lead into the storyline of "who's the mole" more. That felt like it was always present but typically brushed aside, even by those within the team. I would think that the mole will have had to have had a hand in setting up that attack. It can't just be another terrorist cell having gotten to the car and been able to move it next to the conference room, right? Someone had to leak Brody's video as well, unless they argue that Nazir had multiple copies of it.

My only problem with the episode is how did Brody and Carrie get out of the CIA building? And what the hell is Carrie going to say to explain her absence, especially after they sift through all the bodies and figure out that Brody isn't there.

Re-using the suicide video was brilliant.

Will this be the end of Brody and his family as main characters? Or will we see Brody on the run in Canada or wherever Carrie was planning on getting him to? Will the next season be about her trying to clear his name? Is that even possible now that the video has been released?

Great season. I was very skeptical about where they were going and how they would continue on from Season 1, but I thoroughly enjoyed the entire show. Their fast-pacing on major plot points really make you on edge. I was convinced that Brody was going to die, so every scene with him was very tense, waiting for Quinn to pop out of the bushes and take him out.

#37 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

Will the next season be about her trying to clear his name?

Yea, I'm thinking it will be impossible to clear his name. There really isn't anything to clear. Not too many people are going to be sympathetic to "Ok, I admit it, I was going to suicide-bomb the VP, but that was WEEKS ago! I'm a changed man!" ;)
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#38 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

That was a great finale. Didn't see it coming either. A lot of possibilities for next season.

My wife thinks Saul is behind everything. I hope not, that would be heart breaking. Love that guy.

#39 chrismonty

chrismonty
  • Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

Posted Image

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#40 chrismonty

chrismonty
  • Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

What an awesome finale!

Just when I thought they were running out of ways to keep the show interesting...BOOM!

So is the answer to who was behind the blast simply "Abu Nazir?"

Was it Quinn? Is that why he didn't kill Brody, because he knew "they" still needed him, even though he pretended to be a good guy to Estes? Although, if he knew Estes was going to be killed, what was the point? Maybe he wasn't sure.

Was it really Brody after all? He did make some strange faces when trying to convince Carrie that it wasn't him...although he pretty much always makes funny faces so who knows?

Is it Saul? I'm with the above poster...that would be heart-breaking. I love his character.

How can they possibly clear Brody's name after they dusted off the old suicide tape?

THE PLOT THICKENS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=