BSLJasonBHirschhorn

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 05:19 AM

Calais Campbell has already established himself as Ravens’ top defender

https://baltimorespo...s-top-defender/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

Jason B. Hirschhorn is the co-founder of The Leap and an award-winning sportswriter with bylines at NFL.com, SB Nation, Sports Illustrated, and other major outlets. He is also a Pro Football Writers of America member. Follow him on Twitter: @by_JBH

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,325 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 07:20 AM

I think I'd personally vote for Peters and his playmaking ability...  but I'm very excited about the Campbell addition.  
I generally think teams are built lines out, and Campbell certainly really solidifies the Ravens up-front.

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 September 2020 - 10:40 AM

I think Campbell is making other better.  Tyus Bowser IMO, is playing very well and I think he is benefitting from playing near CC.

@mikeghg

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 September 2020 - 10:41 AM

I think I'd personally vote for Peters and his playmaking ability...  but I'm very excited about the Campbell addition.  
I generally think teams are built lines out, and Campbell certainly really solidifies the Ravens up-front.

Humphrey probably is in that discussion too.

@mikeghg

#5 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 10:42 AM

Judon, too. 

https://twitter.com/...516357973749763

#6 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 September 2020 - 10:51 AM

Judon, too.

https://twitter.com/...516357973749763

Lol, love the GIF.

#7 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 02:35 AM

Wanted to bump this because I think this is still the case a month later. Humphrey is playing great too but boy what a difference Campbell is making. We haven't had a Dlineman with his skill set in forever. He's effective lined up anywhere, much like Humphrey.

Also jmo, but I don't fully trust pressure rate because it's either subjective or they're using some type of measurement of how close the rusher is to the QB. Somewhere a person is determining what's a pressure and what's not. I do use stats as an evaluation tool but I don't blindly trust anything that has a level of subjectivity. I believe any stat is useful but big picture and context matter. You have to put it all together for yourself.

#8 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 11:47 AM

Wanted to bump this because I think this is still the case a month later. Humphrey is playing great too but boy what a difference Campbell is making. We haven't had a Dlineman with his skill set in forever. He's effective lined up anywhere, much like Humphrey.

Also jmo, but I don't fully trust pressure rate because it's either subjective or they're using some type of measurement of how close the rusher is to the QB. Somewhere a person is determining what's a pressure and what's not. I do use stats as an evaluation tool but I don't blindly trust anything that has a level of subjectivity. I believe any stat is useful but big picture and context matter. You have to put it all together for yourself.

Its close. Campbell has definitely shown he is still an elite lineman. But Humphrey has been great as well. And honestly, Jimmy Smith is playing a great season so far. His play has flown under the radar this year, but he has quietly been one of our best defensive players this year.
  • GabeFerguson and Huddle It Up Films like this

#9 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 October 2020 - 11:48 AM

Its close. Campbell has definitely shown he is still an elite lineman. But Humphrey has been great as well. And honestly, Jimmy Smith is playing a great season so far. His play has flown under the radar this year, but he has quietly been one of our best defensive players this year.

All true and it is a nice debate to be having.

@mikeghg

#10 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 29 October 2020 - 12:42 PM

I think Humphrey is probably the most important player to the Ravens defense right now, but that is at least somewhat due to the teams' concerning lack of depth at CB.

Campbell has been phenomenal and his impact is far greater than the stats he has put up, which are impressive in their own right. He does make everyone around him better. He's transformed the defense in a lot of ways.

• Huddle It Up Films likes this
@gabefergy

#11 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:40 PM

Not sure if I'm too old to have a favorite player, but it's Humphrey. He plays his ass off. Had to show Campbell some love though because he's so dominant down to down vs pass and run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=