Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,275 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 September 2020 - 11:38 AM

BSL: 2020 Season Preview

https://baltimorespo...season-preview/

In this article I take a look at Maryland's schedule, the players who have opted out, and give my projections for the first two-deep of the season. I'll be following this article up with individual offensive and defensive previews.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#2 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 23 September 2020 - 01:45 PM

Not exactly a hot take when you have a 5-star recruit, but I'm excited about how the WR group will look this year, feel like having Jeshaun Jones healthy the whole year will be pretty helpful

she/her

#3 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,275 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 September 2020 - 03:59 PM

Not exactly a hot take when you have a 5-star recruit, but I'm excited about how the WR group will look this year, feel like having Jeshaun Jones healthy the whole year will be pretty helpful

Also have to think they use a lot more 4-wide sets this season with only one scholarship tight end on the roster who wasn't playing defense last year. Watch for Nick DeGennaro as well, coaching staff seems to love him as a true freshman flanker/slot guy.

@BSLZackKiesel

#4 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,275 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 October 2020 - 11:22 AM

BSL: 2020 Offensive Preview

https://baltimorespo...ensive-preview/

We're just about two weeks away from Maryland's season-opener against Northwestern, and in this article I break down what to expect from the offense in 2020.

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike B like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#5 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,271 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 11 October 2020 - 06:02 PM

Don't usually like to peddle rumors, but heard one that indicates COVID has determined who will be the starting QB, at least for now. No names as yet though.

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,676 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 06:26 PM

Sounds like Minor has been moved inside.

#7 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,275 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 October 2020 - 07:20 PM

Sounds like Minor has been moved inside.

Interesting move considering the lack of depth at tackle. Might suggest that Spencer Anderson has moved back outside after moving to center while Johnny Jordan was opted out.
@BSLZackKiesel

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,676 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 08:52 PM

PressBoxTerps WR Jeshaun Jones Ready To Show ‘Everything’s Still The Same’ After Torn ACL

#9 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,275 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 October 2020 - 11:22 AM

With the news that Marcus Minor has moved inside to guard, my new prediction for the starting offensive line:

LT: Jaelyn Duncan

LG: Johari Branch

C: Johnny Jordan

RG: Marcus Minor

RT: Spencer Anderson

The left guard spot is probably still up for grabs between Branch, Evan Gregory, and Amelio Moran. Anderson makes the most sense to kick back out to tackle assuming that Jordan has locked down the center spot.

@BSLZackKiesel

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,676 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 09:59 PM

IMS: Locksley Updates
https://247sports.co...32/#153004032_1

#11 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,275 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:27 AM

BSL: 2020 Defensive Preview

https://baltimorespo...ensive-preview/

In this article, I break down what to expect from the Terps on the defensive side of the ball in their second year under Jon Hoke.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#12 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,275 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 October 2020 - 04:11 PM

Don't usually like to peddle rumors, but heard one that indicates COVID has determined who will be the starting QB, at least for now. No names as yet though.

Not too difficult to read the tea leaves of LeGendre's recent tweets. Looks like Tagovailoa will be the starter.

@BSLZackKiesel

#13 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,271 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:01 PM

Not too difficult to read the tea leaves of LeGendre's recent tweets. Looks like Tagovailoa will be the starter.

Whether COVID does or doesn't come into play, it sounds like Taulia has had the better camp anyway.

#14 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,275 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 17 October 2020 - 01:00 PM

OL Tyran Hunt has entered the transfer portal and is no longer with the team. I had projected him as the team's second-string right tackle, but this opens the door for freshmen like Ja'Khi Green and Delmar Glaze.

@BSLZackKiesel

#15 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,275 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 October 2020 - 01:53 PM

OL Austin Fontaine has opted back in for the 2020 season. This is big news, as he was the team's best offensive lineman last season. He'll likely take over one of the starting guard spots sooner rather than later.

@BSLZackKiesel

#16 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,271 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 07:14 PM

OL Austin Fontaine has opted back in for the 2020 season. This is big news, as he was the team's best offensive lineman last season. He'll likely take over one of the starting guard spots sooner rather than later.

You want your best five starting on the line first and foremost, but the ideal situation would be to have Minor as the guy who is available to fill in if/when necessary, since he can play several positions. Hope Fontaine can get himself ready to play in time for Minnesota next week, though that depends on several factors and may be too optimistic.

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,676 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 12:20 PM

Hope you are right.  Jeff was not optimistic about him being ready anytime soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=