Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:15 PM

He's got two of them!

Yep and neither of us is getting a damn invite.  Cousin Joe would have gotten me in. :-P

• JordanKough likes this
@mikeghg

#42 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:19 PM

If you are looking for something to listen to this weekend, Jordan and I preview the big game.

https://anchor.fm/th...-Preview-ek5j8r

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@gabefergy

#43 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:01 PM

Balt Sun: Why Ravens vs. Chiefs is a kicking matchup for the ages

#44 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 11:32 PM

Kansas City is, imo, the best team in the NFL.  If not for a terrible penalty and the loss of a coin flip two years ago, they might be going for a record three peat this year.  When they turn it on, it seems like they can't be stopped.  They spotted every team two scores in last years playoff run and won them all.  That said, I like the Ravens on Monday night.  

There is a best team in the league every year in the NFL.  But the best team does not always win every game.  If so, every year would have an undefeated team.  The league schedule is and ebb and flow of motivations and emotions.  No team is up for every game.  The Chiefs have nothing to prove.  They have already proven it.  The narrative on the Ravens on the web pick sights is clear:  They beat up on all of the teams they should, but fold in the pressure games.  Their offense is steamroller when they grab the lead, but falters badly when they have to play from behind.  They lost two years in a row to KC, and lost two years in a row, at home, in the playoffs.  Players may say they don't read these things, but that is BS.  I think this is a statement game for the Ravens.   If they can't beat KC, early in the season, at home, how can they hope to beat them come playoff time?  I think the Ravens have something to prove.  Lose this game, and the narrative that they can't beat win the big games comes out again.  I think the Ravens need this game to prove something to themselves much more than KC does.    I like the Ravens to not only win, but lead throughout this game.   Ravens 37  Chiefs 31

If the two meet again in the post season like everyone expects, I probably would go the other way.   Simply because at that point the motivations for both teams will be on the same level.  

#45 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 08:57 AM

The Ringer: Lamar Jackson vs. Patrick Mahomes Is a Football Fever Dream

#46 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 09:57 AM

I know Lamar has long since moved on from the whole "not bad for a running back" syndrome but I'm just hoping Roman & Co. don't get all dreamy eyed over the fact that you can burn the Chiefs through the air.  I'm growing weary of how great Mahomes is and how no one can stop him, including prospects for this game.  I get it- he's thrown for well over 300 yards both times and you fear what he can do to you. Wink's probably getting 3 hours a sleep a night trying to devise pass rush scenarios that will get him to the ground.  Well, here's the reality- you don't stop him.  Not for 4 quarters.  If he's out on the field, he's going to do damage and he's going to put up TD's, not FG's.  He's very comfortable playing from behind and expects to win.  So, for me, the only solution to Patrick Mahomes is keep his ass on the sidelines and keep it there for most of the game.  If that means running the ball 40 times and going all out Navy, then so be it. I hope they rush for over 300 yards and it's no secret that KC has a weak rush defense.  Punish them, abuse them, make them so tired they can't see straight.  I hope Lamar runs for over 100 and Ingram, Edwards & Dobbins combine for the other 200+.  If Mahomes is out on the field for most of the night, it's going to go down like the last two times.  High scoring, little to no defense and a loss.  

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#47 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 07:04 AM

The Ringer: The 15 Best Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes Highlights, Ranked
https://www.theringe...ghlights-ranked

#48 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 07:17 AM

Tonight is certainly a game where you miss the fans. You want that home field advantage. You want the noise having impact. 
It's more like playing on neutral fields vs. any advantage.

• Mike B likes this

#49 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 September 2020 - 08:19 AM

Tonight is certainly a game where you miss the fans. You want that home field advantage. You want the noise having impact. 
It's more like playing on neutral fields vs. any advantage.

Yep. No home field advantage except for the Chiefs have to travel in.

The hell with it, it is game day, let’s kick their asses 

@mikeghg

#50 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 September 2020 - 11:45 AM

The Inactives will be interesting tonight.

I think Madubuike gets one more week off, but I expect Moore to be a go...Is Justice Hill a healthy inactive?

• JordanKough likes this
@mikeghg

#51 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 11:49 AM

I'm curious to see how much home field plays out as a factor in the end this year. Should be one of the moments where we get a true evaluation of travel, preparation, being in your own bed, etc. vs the actual stadium and noise and it's ability to impact games. 

I think the crowd noise matters a little less than we think it does, except for a few moments of motivation. 

It'll be interesting to see if home defenses are improved or worse this year in some measures. Communication on defense could turn out to be as valuable as reducing the ability for offenses to communicate. Though penalties on hard counts on the road would be an interesting stat to watch as well. 

• JStruds likes this

#52 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 11:50 AM

The Inactives will be interesting tonight.

I think Mdubuike gets one more week off, but I expect Moore to be a go...Is Justice Hill a healthy inactive?

Fascinating to watch this. Hill in particular. I think if he's active, look for the Ravens to pound the rock 100 times this game, lol. 

#53 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 September 2020 - 11:55 AM

Fascinating to watch this. Hill in particular. I think if he's active, look for the Ravens to pound the rock 100 times this game, lol. 

I think we run a lot, hopefully screen and run wheel routes a good bit, to slow them down and then attack with play action. 

Let's Go Ravens!!

@mikeghg

#54 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 12:35 PM

I'm curious to see how much home field plays out as a factor in the end this year. Should be one of the moments where we get a true evaluation of travel, preparation, being in your own bed, etc. vs the actual stadium and noise and it's ability to impact games.

I think the crowd noise matters a little less than we think it does, except for a few moments of motivation.

It'll be interesting to see if home defenses are improved or worse this year in some measures. Communication on defense could turn out to be as valuable as reducing the ability for offenses to communicate. Though penalties on hard counts on the road would be an interesting stat to watch as well.

I think the crowd noise matters a lot when it comes to disrupting opposing offenses. I've seen timeouts and penalties many times at M&T that had the fans high fiving in the stands. The defense may benefit some but I doubt that the noise affects them very much because you see them pumping up the crowd all of the time.
  • Mike B likes this

#55 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 September 2020 - 02:45 PM

The gameday thread is pretty quiet today.  Everyone else anxious, too?

@mikeghg

#56 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 28 September 2020 - 02:49 PM

Well to counterpoint, I have witnessed many key moments on offense where the crowd was screaming, hollering, and preventing the offense from operating correctly.

For the crowd noise hurting the defense, the lack on offense will help them out greatly.

The glorified scrimmage vibe is well worn off.  I would have preferred the NFL set two varying noise levels for 75 when the home team has the ball and 95 when the away team has the ball; having an NFL official control it, show the noise level in a corner of the TV screen to keep it monitored.   Providing some variation would be an ideal approach to provide some home field advantage...keep the idea of a glorified scrimmage to the players at a minimum.

• Mike B likes this
@Olsen_Don

#57 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 28 September 2020 - 02:51 PM

The gameday thread is pretty quiet today.  Everyone else anxious, too?

Not really.   I hardly ever get worked up for these things...I leave that to Captain D-fence or the Bird Trio...it's just not me.

• JStruds likes this
@Olsen_Don

#58 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 03:24 PM

CBS Sports: Chiefs at Ravens: Preview, prediction, key matchups, how to watch, stream 'Monday Night Football' in Week 3
https://www.cbssport...g-into-offense/

#59 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 September 2020 - 04:14 PM

Not really.   I hardly ever get worked up for these things...I leave that to Captain D-fence or the Bird Trio...it's just not me.

I have been getting worked up for games, since I was a kid.  Probably too old to change now.   3 Hours to game time.  

@mikeghg

#60 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 04:24 PM

The gameday thread is pretty quiet today. Everyone else anxious, too?

I saw one of the NFL network guys picked KC and everyone else picked the Ravens. The line on the game hasn’t moved from BAL -3.5. Thought for sure it would have. There is a lot of confidence in the Ravens out there. That’s, typically not when the Ravens thrive when the opponent is a quality one. Have we forgotten Mahomes got a bazillion dollar contract recently? Lifts his team up when the defense puts them in a hole constantly? It’s a week to week league. KC got punched in the mouth last week, had a reality check, meaning they come in woke up. Rather they have won by 50 last week.

I hope the Ravens aren’t listening to the noise.

I also was not impressed with home field advantage in the Superdome last night where Rodgers had his way, hard counting his way to a few free plays he otherwise wouldn’t have.

I think it comes down to one of kickers legs as time expires. Not sure which one.

I’ll go 45-42 in a shootout.
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=