#41 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 19 September 2020 - 12:11 PM

Stanley is fine; pain is no longer an issue, just stiff.

There is a toss up between Hill and Proche as the active player.  It's not that Proche is bad in punt return, but they want to weight Snead back in that spot versus Hill being a factor on offense.  It might wait an extra week, see Hill activated for the Chiefs.  I feel Duvernay's kickoff success makes it an easy call for Harbaugh and Horton.

Expect to see Ferguson and Bower snap counts to go up, McPhee snap counts to go down.

There may be a late scratch that will completely change the active roster from something that popped up this morning on a player, but who knows when people wake up with stiffness...most of the time its just locked up because of water/mineral imbalance and straights out shortly after.

@Olsen_Don

#42 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 September 2020 - 01:57 PM

Stanley is fine; pain is no longer an issue, just stiff.

There is a toss up between Hill and Proche as the active player.  It's not that Proche is bad in punt return, but they want to weight Snead back in that spot versus Hill being a factor on offense.  It might wait an extra week, see Hill activated for the Chiefs.  I feel Duvernay's kickoff success makes it an easy call for Harbaugh and Horton.

Expect to see Ferguson and Bower snap counts to go up, McPhee snap counts to go down.

There may be a late scratch that will completely change the active roster from something that popped up this morning on a player, but who knows when people wake up with stiffness...most of the time its just locked up because of water/mineral imbalance and straights out shortly after.

The last note worries me.  Completely change the active roster....very few guys do that.  

@mikeghg

#43 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 10:04 PM

I think for the Texans to win, they need to play outside of conventional football thinking.  They need to come out in a two minute offense playing as if they were behind 14-0.  The Ravens have proven lethal when they get an early lead.  However, the opposite has been true if they fall behind.   If the Texans have any chance, they need to get the lead early and make the Ravens play from behind.  I personally don't think they are talented enough to do it.  Watson is decent, but he is a bit over rated by some.  I think the Ravens take it 31-20.  

#44 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 08:06 AM

Overall, Houston's defense isn't very good outside of Watt and one man isn't going to be able to dominate a game to the degree it's going to take to stop the Ravens offense.  They'll neutralize him and make the other Texan defenders step up which I doubt they will do. I'm concerned a bit about the Stanley situation and us being able to run effectively but I actually think they'll do more damage this week than they did against the Browns.  Lamar, if he's on like last week, will pick that secondary to pieces.  As I usually say, the only way the Ravens lose this game is if they turn the ball over and make a lot of stupid, costly penalties.  Otherwise, I don't see how Houston can stay with Baltimore for 4 quarters.  Eventually, the damn will break and they'll shoot out to a 21 point lead or so.  

BALTIMORE 34; HOUSTON 16

• Mike in STL likes this

#45 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 September 2020 - 09:32 AM

I will stay conservative, it worked last week.  Ravens 27-17

@mikeghg

#46 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 September 2020 - 09:51 AM

Bottom line, I think if the Ravens generate their own energy and show the Texans who they are, we will be happy around 8 PM.

Let’s go Ravens!

@mikeghg

#47 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,261 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 11:21 AM

I think for the Texans to win, they need to play outside of conventional football thinking. They need to come out in a two minute offense playing as if they were behind 14-0. The Ravens have proven lethal when they get an early lead. However, the opposite has been true if they fall behind. If the Texans have any chance, they need to get the lead early and make the Ravens play from behind. I personally don't think they are talented enough to do it. Watson is decent, but he is a bit over rated by some. I think the Ravens take it 31-20.

Thats the exact gameplan needed to beat the Ravens. However, few offenses can execute it against our defense.

Watson is every bit as good as advertised. His problem is Houston thinks a LT solved the issues along the whole line. Outside of Tunsil, their line is a bunch of very average turnstiles. And they traded off his biggest weapon on top of it. Without the time, and without the weapons, he'll be hard pressed to get out in front of the Ravens.

I'm thinking something like 31-17.

#48 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 12:02 PM

Bold predictions:

Boykin scores his first TD of the season.

Dobbins breaks one to the house.

Jackson doesn't rush for more than 50 yards and has another +250 yard day of passing, most of which will not be to Marquise Brown, who will have a so-so game of 5-7 targets and 60 something yards.

Campbell and Wolfe get sacks today.

Ravens win 31-20

@Olsen_Don

#49 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:10 PM

As stated earlier in the week, Duke Johnson out is going to mean the Ravens should tax David Johnson and forcing him to stay in max protect.  I expect Bill O'Brien to be foolish and attempt 50 pass plays.

@Olsen_Don

#50 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:21 PM

McSorley. Hill Bredeson Madubuike. Stone and Moore inactive for the Ravens

@mikeghg

#51 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:28 PM

RB Duke Johnson will not play against the Ravens. Other inactives for the Texans: OLB Jonathan Greenard, ILB Peter Kalambayi, CB Cornell Armstrong, T Charlie Heck and TE Pharaoh Brown.

#52 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:30 PM

Inactives:

QB McSorley
WR Moore
S Stone
RB Hill

G Bredeson
DT Madubuike

#53 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 03:25 PM

Tucker kicking off.

#54 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

For some reason LA-KC gets Nantz/Romo

@gabefergy

#55 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Houston starting at their 25.

#56 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 03:26 PM

David Johnson swallowed up.

#57 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 03:27 PM

3rd and 5 for Houston.

#58 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 03:27 PM

Jimmy Smith and friends able to get the tackle in the open field.  Punting time for Houston.

#59 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 20 September 2020 - 03:28 PM

Nice stuff Jimmy!

@gabefergy

#60 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 03:29 PM

Nice to see Smith being strong enough there. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=