47 replies to this topic

#41 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:54 PM

And because I'll never stop gushing over his abilities I'll also note that he moved around brillantly inside the pocket Sunday in the face of some pressure . He's not a guy only looking to scramble outside the pocket.

#42 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 05:21 PM

And because I'll never stop gushing over his abilities I'll also note that he moved around brillantly inside the pocket Sunday in the face of some pressure . He's not a guy only looking to scramble outside the pocket.

He never was. Even in college. He has always been a QB first runner second. Because his running ability is elite. So people assume the stereotype on mobile QBs. That they look to run too fast, can't read defenses and rely on check downs. He has never been any of those.

#43 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 08:23 PM

He never was. Even in college. He has always been a QB first runner second. Because his running ability is elite. So people assume the stereotype on mobile QBs. That they look to run too fast, can't read defenses and rely on check downs. He has never been any of those.

I've been saying just that since we drafted him. Stereotypes are hard to overcome but any nonbelievers at this point are just hating.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#44 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 09:57 PM

Beyond his astonishing physical gifts, to me his most remarkable attribute is his poise (which failed him for at least parts of both his playoff losses). He's just so in control; the game is not at all too fast for him (in stark contrast to Mayfield, who never seems to quite have a grip). That thirty-five second TD drive at the end of the half was just flawlessly executed.

#45 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:13 AM

Watching Hollywood got me pumped. He looked noticeably different cutting to me. Waiting on this All22 film so I can focus on him when he wasn't on TV.

Also want to see if Ward followed him most of the game. I think a lot of Ward's quickness in coverage so that was a great test for Hollywood. His speed and ability to get off of jams command CBs to give him a cushion. With the way he seemed to be cutting, he's bound to have a 10 catch 150 yard day the first time we get in a shootout. Opposing teams better have a true #1 CB or all of a sudden Hollywood's a mismatch too. 

#46 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:04 AM

Watching Hollywood got me pumped. He looked noticeably different cutting to me. Waiting on this All22 film so I can focus on him when he wasn't on TV.

Also want to see if Ward followed him most of the game. I think a lot of Ward's quickness in coverage so that was a great test for Hollywood. His speed and ability to get off of jams command CBs to give him a cushion. With the way he seemed to be cutting, he's bound to have a 10 catch 150 yard day the first time we get in a shootout. Opposing teams better have a true #1 CB or all of a sudden Hollywood's a mismatch too.

Just look at what he did to Tenn in the playoffs with screws in his foot. Im pretty confident he'll get to 1000 yards this year and probably on 65-70 catches. If he gets 80 balls he'll be closer to 1200.

#47 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:11 AM

Most importantly, the man has great hands.  It's rare that he drops anything. 

#48 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:45 AM

Most importantly, the man has great hands. It's rare that he drops anything.

He definitely reminds me of a smaller version of his cousin. Even for his size he seems like he can win 50/50 balls. He has amazing body control, hands and instincts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=