#101 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,856 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 08 September 2020 - 11:39 PM

We can take 3 of 4 from the yanks...win 1 of 3 from Atlanta (2 if their pitching remains true cuz it sucks), win 2 from TB, and 2 of 3 from that crappie Buffalo team, and we’re in. This is exciting..:not gonna lie!
I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#102 Ruzious

Ruzious
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 05:54 AM

We can take 3 of 4 from the yanks...win 1 of 3 from Atlanta (2 if their pitching remains true cuz it sucks), win 2 from TB, and 2 of 3 from that crappie Buffalo team, and we’re in. This is exciting..:not gonna lie!

Put it this way - Tommy Milone is now Atlanta's only healthy starter with any real experience, and their young pitchers can't find the strike zone.  This is going to kill their good bullpen.  I expect the O's to score a lot of runs in that series.  

#103 Ruzious

Ruzious
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 06:01 AM

It is good to see the younger players emerging.

The answer to the jam is Mountcastle to first base, but they seem to want him to become a left fielder, so uplay Mountcastle and whoever is hot for the other 3,

They're using Mountcastle in LF rather than 1B because he's a very good athlete.  I'm sure there will growing pains, but he's already so much better than Dwight Smith, Jr.   

#104 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 12:19 PM

All but 3 of the remaining games after this series are against team's who are currently playoff teams.

-4 in NY
-3 vs. Atlanta
-5 vs. TB
-3 in Buffalo

I think our fun may have peaked, but it'd be fun to keep it going into next week by putting up a strong showing this weekend vs. the Yankees.

Actually the two teams we are chasing, the Yankees and Blue Jays, have the same schedule. On top of that they play each other a lot down the stretch. As crazy as it sounds the O's might be in the hunt right down to the wire if what we've seen from them lately holds true.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=