#1 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

I finally saw Captain America and The Avengers over the past couple days so I thought it would be fun to rank the movies from the characters in the Avengers. So there's the two Iron Man movies, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Thor, and The Avengers. Rank them.

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

Avengers easily #1...then the 2 Iron Man movies followed by Thor, IH and CA.

I think the IM movies have a big lead on Thor and Thor has a big lead on the other 2. IH and CA are interchangeable for me.

#3 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

Iron Man
Avengers
Iron Man 2
Thor
Hulk
Captain America

#4 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

Damn... I thought this was gonna be about Emma Peel...

Posted Image

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#5 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

Wow I'm surprised Captain America is at the bottom of both of your lists, it was one of my favorites. I think the worst has to clearly be Iron Man 2. I know they're all essentially commercials for The Avengers but that one was especially bad not to mention the action sucked. The action wasn't the best in the first one either but theres alot of other things that make up for it.

1. The Avengers - About as good as you can get in this kind of movie

2. Iron Man - Robert Downey Jr is Tony Stark, the rest is gravy

3. Captain America - Loved the period piece style, good villain

4. The Incredible Hulk - Its a shame Norton didn't retake the mantle in Avengers but I think Mark Ruffalo is a better fit anyway.

5. Thor - I like the character of Thor himself but I'm not as into the back story.

6. Iron Man 2 - A mess but there are some redeeming qualities about it.

#6 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

Wow I'm surprised Captain America is at the bottom of both of your lists, it was one of my favorites. I think the worst has to clearly be Iron Man 2. I know they're all essentially commercials for The Avengers but that one was especially bad not to mention the action sucked. The action wasn't the best in the first one either but theres alot of other things that make up for it.

1. The Avengers - About as good as you can get in this kind of movie

2. Iron Man - Robert Downey Jr is Tony Stark, the rest is gravy

3. Captain America - Loved the period piece style, good villain

4. The Incredible Hulk - Its a shame Norton didn't retake the mantle in Avengers but I think Mark Ruffalo is a better fit anyway.

5. Thor - I like the character of Thor himself but I'm not as into the back story.

6. Iron Man 2 - A mess but there are some redeeming qualities about it.

i liked them all just liked the others more than CA.

I put IM 1and 2 at the top because Downey Jr is so good.

#7 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

I put IM 1and 2 at the top because Downey Jr is so good.

Hes still great in the role but not much else was good about it. Mickey Rourke, Don Cheadle, and Scarlett Johansson all fail. Clearly they're all good actors and Johansson redeemed herself in Avengers but they just didn't work for me.

#8 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

I could easily switch Iron Man 2 and Thor. Captain America is definitely last for me even though I thought it was pretty good. I think he's the weakest character of the bunch, which brings down the movie for me. There were also more realism issues in that than there should have been imo.

#9 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

I can see that I just had alot of fun with it. I had low expectations, that could also play into it somewhat.

#10 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

I can see that I just had alot of fun with it. I had low expectations, that could also play into it somewhat.

Again, I did think it was pretty good and I enjoyed it. Just not as much as the others.

I'm actually still unclear on the extent of his powers. It seemed to me as a non comic book fan that he is by far the weakest of the 4, but they may have played up his powers in The Avengers. Of course I may be way off since I don't know much about it.

#11 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

He got shot up with 'super soldier serum' so hes essentially Superman without the flying, heat vision, ice breath, etc.

#12 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

1. Avengers
2. Iron Man
3. Captain America
4. Thor
5. Iron Man 2

Did not see: Incredible Hulk

#13 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

1. Avengers
2. Iron Man
3. Captain America
4. Thor
5. Iron Man 2

Did not see: Incredible Hulk

I would still check out Incredible Hulk, its still a pretty good take on the character. Much better than the Ang Lee directied Hulk.

#14 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

He got shot up with 'super soldier serum' so hes essentially Superman without the flying, heat vision, ice breath, etc.

Really? Well then the movie didn't do a good job of showing that at all imo. He doesn't seem anywhere close to that powerful.

#15 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

It seems like you're vastly overstating things based on this: http://www.marveldir... ... merica.htm

Strength Level: Captain America represents the pinnacle of human physical perfection. While not superhuman, he is as strong as a human being can be. He can lift (press) a maximum of 800 pounds with supreme effort.

Known Superhuman Powers: Captain America has agility, strength, speed, endurance, and reaction time superior to any Olympic athlete who ever competed. The Super-Soldier formula that he has metabolized has enhanced all of his bodily functions to the peak of human efficiency. Notably, his body eliminates the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing poisons in his muscles, granting him phenomenal endurance.

Captain America has mastered the martial art of American-style boxing and judo, and has combined these disciplines with his own unique hand-to-hand style of combat. He engages in a daily regimen of rigorous exercise (including aerobics, weight lifting, gymnastics, and simulated combat) to keep himself in peek condition. Captain America is one of the finest human combatants Earth has ever known.

Limitations: Captain America is subject to all human vulnerabilities, although his immunity to diseases is extraordinary.

#16 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

Yeah I overrated him. I never read his comics so that's what I always assumed. Never really see him hurt too bad in the Avengers comics from what I can remember.

I just lost some respect for Cap. He does a lot with what he has I guess.

#17 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

And looking at his profile makes it seem even more ridiculous that he was able to stop Thor and his hammer cold simply by crouching down and sticking his shield out. Or that he thought he was a match for Thor or Ironman. Either would destroy him.

#18 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

Agreed. He's the Derek Jeter of superheroes. Overrated due to leadership.

#19 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

I also agree that CA is the worst of all the superheroes here.

I think they are trying to push his heart aspect...that he is so good because of his sheer will and determination.

#20 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

I also agree that CA is the worst of all the superheroes here.

I think they are trying to push his heart aspect...that he is so good because of his sheer will and determination.

He does help the chemistry of the Avengers and is a leader, but his powers pale in comparison to the others, which is why I didn't like some aspects of the movie where they made him seem like an equal of theirs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=