#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,983 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:57 AM

On this episode of The Warhouse, Bob Harkins, Matt Kory, and myself:

– Previewed the AL Central

– An ESPN article picked hypothetical All Star rosters… we gave general thoughts on those projections…

– The Ringer looked at Strikeouts in the game…  we discussed.

– Puig signed with Atlanta after the Oriole rumors…

– We closed with some Orioles talk…   Matt’s article on Nunez, Ruiz, Alberto….   Santander’s return…

https://anchor.fm/th...pisode-7-egrmhn

#2 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 18 July 2020 - 01:03 PM

The conversation about strikeouts was interesting, I feel like if you have someone watch a game without constantly checking the box score they wouldn't notice if a game had 12 strikeouts or 14 strikeouts a game. Even if it's trending upwards, I'm not sure how huge of a difference makes if fans aren't actively tracking it.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

she/her

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,983 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 01:10 PM

The conversation about strikeouts was interesting, I feel like if you have someone watch a game without constantly checking the box score they wouldn't notice if a game had 12 strikeouts or 14 strikeouts a game. Even if it's trending upwards, I'm not sure how huge of a difference makes if fans aren't actively tracking it.

As you mentioned in your Alberto article, you've got the 3 true outcome game right now... 

MLB homers by year... 

2014: 4,186
2019: 6,776

MLB k's by year... 

2014: 37,446
2019: 42,823

Can see the argument that in any individual game, a couple more here per game is not overly perceptible...  but in totality, feels like there is impact here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=