#21 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

I thought Sunday's Dexter was pretty damn awesome. That's really all I got.

Yeah, this season has been stronger than most even though there have been some issues imo. At least we aren't dealing with a bunch of crappy sub-plots featuring the supporting characters.

#22 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

So I'm thinking that a jailhouse phone is probably not the best place for a Miami Metro Homicide employee to discuss who he murdered with an inmate. Who writes this stuff?
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#23 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

Metro police don't know to look for finger prints on the turn signal?

That said, Dexter has always been a show that requires you to turn down your IQ, and I am enjoying this season a lot so far.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#24 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

Im finally caught up...great show.

I have enjoyed all the seasons.

#25 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

I'm really liking this season.

He's facing his most dangerous and badass opponent, Laguerta is on to him, Debra finally knows about him and just admitted to her weird love of him, and I'm actually interested in his love story. Plus, the other characters have been mostly kept to a minimum other than actual important subplots.

My memory of the details in past Dexter seasons is pretty weak so can anyone explain to me the significance of the boat to Laguerta? How is that making her suspect Dexter?

#26 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

The boat is making her suspect Dexter because the Bay Harbor Butcher used a boat to drop off his cargo and also used to collect blood slides. Her finding the slide from Travis is proof to her that the BHB is still out there, she is now just looking for some more connections as to who it could be.

I hate that LaGuerta is the one investigating this. I understand it from the perspective that she cared for Doakes, but she's always only been more of a politician than a detective. I wish it was someone who we actually liked and perhaps on some level would root for to discover the truth while at the same time wanting Dexter to remain free. Like when Doakes was the one investigating him, really. They tried to go down that road a bit with Quinn a few seasons ago, but everyone hates Quinn so they dropped it. I think Laguerta is another unlikeable character, which just makes me want that aspect of the storyline to end.

#27 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Yeah, I got the slides part. I just didn't know why that exact marina was seemingly so important.

#28 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

The boat is making her suspect Dexter because the Bay Harbor Butcher used a boat to drop off his cargo and also used to collect blood slides. Her finding the slide from Travis is proof to her that the BHB is still out there, she is now just looking for some more connections as to who it could be.

I hate that LaGuerta is the one investigating this. I understand it from the perspective that she cared for Doakes, but she's always only been more of a politician than a detective. I wish it was someone who we actually liked and perhaps on some level would root for to discover the truth while at the same time wanting Dexter to remain free. Like when Doakes was the one investigating him, really. They tried to go down that road a bit with Quinn a few seasons ago, but everyone hates Quinn so they dropped it. I think Laguerta is another unlikeable character, which just makes me want that aspect of the storyline to end.

Maybe she will end up dead?

#29 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

Maybe she will end up dead?

Doakes did. And the show got around Dexter's code by having Layla or whatever her name was do it instead of Dex actually doing it. Maybe they will have Hannah kill LaGuerta if she's getting to close and then Dexter will have no choice but to take her out?

I do like it when Dexter has threats not just from a villain or killer, but from the police as well.

#30 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Doakes did. And the show got around Dexter's code by having Layla or whatever her name was do it instead of Dex actually doing it. Maybe they will have Hannah kill LaGuerta if she's getting to close and then Dexter will have no choice but to take her out?

I do like it when Dexter has threats not just from a villain or killer, but from the police as well.

I have thought for a few episodes that Isaac would kill Hannah. In the previews for next week, it showed her being kidnapped....so, she either will not die or she will do something that saves Dexter, either poisoning Isaac and killing him herself or jump in front of a bullet or something along those lines.

LaGuerta probably doesn't die but I also don't think Dexter is ever caught, so I am not sure how he will get her off his trail.

If LaGuerta does die, does Deb do it?

#31 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

I have thought for a few episodes that Isaac would kill Hannah. In the previews for next week, it showed her being kidnapped....so, she either will not die or she will do something that saves Dexter, either poisoning Isaac and killing him herself or jump in front of a bullet or something along those lines.

LaGuerta probably doesn't die but I also don't think Dexter is ever caught, so I am not sure how he will get her off his trail.

If LaGuerta does die, does Deb do it?

A lot of these moves are setting up an end-game, next season is the last for the show, so some of this stuff won't pay off this season. I think the LaGuerta thing is going to carry over to next season. Maybe they get hard proof it's him in the finale and next season he is on the run?
@JeremyMStrain

#32 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

I'd be surprised if they don't wrap up the Hannah and Isaac storylines this season. I do think LaGuerta could carry into next season. I definitely think they should end the show with a season of Dex having been found out, and then seeing if he sticks to the code then or, since it's blown (Rule #1: Don't get caught), if he goes off the deep end and does whatever he needs to do to survive.

A Hannibal ending would be disappointing for me. I don't wanna see him and Deb running off into the sunset to live in Europe or some crap like that.

#33 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

A lot of these moves are setting up an end-game, next season is the last for the show, so some of this stuff won't pay off this season. I think the LaGuerta thing is going to carry over to next season. Maybe they get hard proof it's him in the finale and next season he is on the run?

I just think the idea of him being a dad and wanting to be a dad will be the thing that keeps the writers from having him get caught, be on the run, etc..

#34 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,564 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

I'm predicting Deb kills Hannah, LaGuerta busts Dexter, and Quinn dies at the end of the season.

#35 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

I'm predicting Deb kills Hannah, LaGuerta busts Dexter, and Quinn dies at the end of the season.

Be surprised if Quinn doesn't die this season.

Definitely could see Deb kill Hannah.

#36 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

What did you guys think of this last episode? As someone who doesn't watch previews or read predictions elsewhere, I was surprised by Dexter and Isaac teaming up. I think it did make sense, but it may not have been as entertaining as the two of them going after each other. Speaking of that, it's interesting how easily Isaac was able to get to Dexter in his own home when he was previously having such a difficult time creating opportunities to kill him.

#37 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

What did you guys think of this last episode? As someone who doesn't watch previews or read predictions elsewhere, I was surprised by Dexter and Isaac teaming up. I think it did make sense, but it may not have been as entertaining as the two of them going after each other. Speaking of that, it's interesting how easily Isaac was able to get to Dexter in his own home when he was previously having such a difficult time creating opportunities to kill him.

I was OK with it, but it would have been more fun if they continued going after one another. I'll miss Isaac, he was a great character, IMO.

Looks like S is hitting the fan with Quinn. LaGuerta's deal may spell trouble for Dexter. Still a bet for that to stretch into next season obviously.

#38 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

I was OK with it, but it would have been more fun if they continued going after one another. I'll miss Isaac, he was a great character, IMO.

Looks like S is hitting the fan with Quinn. LaGuerta's deal may spell trouble for Dexter. Still a bet for that to stretch into next season obviously.

Im not so sure about that anymore...With the Isaac thing wrapped up, the focus is now on the burn victims(is it the investigator himself doing the burnings?) and the LaGuerta stuff.

I think there is a better chance that ends this season than what I felt before last night. There are still 3 episodes left this year...that's a lot of episodes with the main storyline, Isaac, already done with.

The former captain really likes the Morgan family, so we will see if he attempts to throw Dexter under the bus.

I have thought they would go after Masooka actually...when they showed the list of the people who had boats, they made sure to get masooka's name on the camera.

#39 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

I agree all around. Isaac was one of my favorite characters from the show's entire run.

Yes, the LaGuerta investigation will likely go into next season and it looks Hannah will be around for a while, which I'm good with. I kinda like the more liberated Dexter. Of course how his relationship is with Deb going forward will be interesting and can affect his relationship with Hannah.

#40 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Im not so sure about that anymore...With the Isaac thing wrapped up, the focus is now on the burn victims(is it the investigator himself doing the burnings?) and the LaGuerta stuff.

I think there is a better chance that ends this season than what I felt before last night. There are still 3 episodes left this year...that's a lot of episodes with the main storyline, Isaac, already done with.

The former captain really likes the Morgan family, so we will see if he attempts to throw Dexter under the bus.

I have thought they would go after Masooka actually...when they showed the list of the people who had boats, they made sure to get masooka's name on the camera.

But it seems clear that Quinn will probaby still get axed, although I could be wrong. You're right that in a sense it's sort of immaterial now with Isaac gone, other than finally giving the fans what they want (no more Quinn!).

I agree all around. Isaac was one of my favorite characters from the show's entire run.

Yes, the LaGuerta investigation will likely go into next season and it looks Hannah will be around for a while, which I'm good with. I kinda like the more liberated Dexter. Of course how his relationship is with Deb going forward will be interesting and can affect his relationship with Hannah.

I'm OK with Hannah staying around as well. I agree that the drama with Deb will have some sort of affect on that whole thing, but I'm not entirely sure where they're going with it yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=