218 replies to this topic

#201 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Well now you know why Chase cut to black at the end of The Sopranos. Endings for shows are hard to do. Even harder when your character is a murdering anti-hero.

Things could have been handled different, but I do agree with the endings chosen for the characters.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#202 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Deb got shot at the end of last episode, went to the hospital and was declared fine at the beginning of the final episode, had a stroke in the middle of the episode, and then died at the end of the episode.

I feel like that's something that should have taken two episodes, maybe more, to play out. One second she was fine and the next she was a vegetable. She was the second biggest character in the show.

But that's reality...it can happen that quickly.

Obviously it's sped up some...but then again, so is basically every show ever when it comes to that.

Law and order is as unrealistic as it gets with the time tables but so what..it's a TV show! Lol

#203 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

One more season...

X1DzND6.jpg

• ChaosLex likes this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#204 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

...so, is he still killing, or what? I assume yes, but they didn't really say.

#205 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

...so, is he still killing, or what? I assume yes, but they didn't really say.

He's killing trees.

• BobPhelan likes this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#206 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

But that's reality...it can happen that quickly.

Obviously it's sped up some...but then again, so is basically every show ever when it comes to that.

Law and order is as unrealistic as it gets with the time tables but so what..it's a TV show! Lol

Just out of curiosity are there any shows you don't like?

#207 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

http://www.uproxx.co...ght-hysterical/

• BobPhelan likes this
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#208 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Just out of curiosity are there any shows you don't like?

Sure...but I tend to not get wrapped up in things that don't matter.  As I said, I think people taking being a critic way too far and just forget to enjoy what they are watching..if you reach the point where you don't enjoy it, you stop watching. 

I understand this isn't reality...this is entertainment.

TV shows aren't realistic...if they were, no one would watch them.

Its like when people got all upset at the Sopranos ending...I don't think those people "got it".  They didn't understand it.

Not understanding something doesn't automatically mean the writers screwed up...it may mean that YOU just don't understand things.

#209 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

Sure...but I tend to not get wrapped up in things that don't matter.  As I said, I think people taking being a critic way too far and just forget to enjoy what they are watching..if you reach the point where you don't enjoy it, you stop watching. 

I understand this isn't reality...this is entertainment.

TV shows aren't realistic...if they were, no one would watch them.

Its like when people got all upset at the Sopranos ending...I don't think those people "got it".  They didn't understand it.

Not understanding something doesn't automatically mean the writers screwed up...it may mean that YOU just don't understand things.

The general consensus is that the ending wasn't good. It wasn't split like Lost or Sopranos was. Not saying you're wrong and I am right, but thats how people are viewing the end to Dexter.

I felt it was very rushed and anti-climactic. I felt some themes should have been played up more and given more time to breathe. 

Otherwise I was fine with where the show ended, just not how it ended.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#210 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

The general consensus is that the ending wasn't good. It wasn't split like Lost or Sopranos was. Not saying you're wrong and I am right, but thats how people are viewing the end to Dexter.

I felt it was very rushed and anti-climactic. I felt some themes should have been played up more and given more time to breathe. 

Otherwise I was fine with where the show ended, just not how it ended.

Yes and many of the things people are focusing on are stupid to focus on IMO.  That's my issue.  They are wrapped up in things that just don't mean anything.

The way they ended it, having him be alone and miserable is better than him getting caught or dying(unless they had him dying saving Debs life).

Again, I don't disagree that the last season wasn't all that great...But it was worth watching IMO and many of the issues people are talking about just don't mean anything.

#211 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Yes and many of the things people are focusing on are stupid to focus on IMO.  That's my issue.  They are wrapped up in things that just don't mean anything.

The way they ended it, having him be alone and miserable is better than him getting caught or dying(unless they had him dying saving Debs life).

Again, I don't disagree that the last season wasn't all that great...But it was worth watching IMO and many of the issues people are talking about just don't mean anything.

I actually agree that the small things people are focusing on are just nitpicky stuff that is just whatever to me... but at the end of the day, people feel stupid or ignorant by just calling a spade a spade and saying the show was boring as hell of late, and was fantastically mediocre. That's where I sit on this, and I'm fine with it. All the other small stuff, like I said, it's not a big deal. End of the day, if the show had done better the past few years, people wouldn't be nitpicking it either. Well, maybe Weber, but hey he's gotta do his thing I guess. ;)

#212 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

I feel like it should have been more epic.

Instead we got a rushed last episode. Maybe they should have extended it and made it 90 mins??

#213 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

IGN didn't think very much of the last season of Dexter.

http://www.ign.com/a...season-8-review

@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#214 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Here's an interesting graph showing the ratings from IMDB for each season of Dexter.

bUdpsGJ.png

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#215 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:50 PM

Jennifer Carpenter is going to have a baby. On a side note, her man looks like the love child of David Grohl and Aaron Rodgers. 0bafd5b5db2f8309e124d4979273d715.jpg
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#216 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 06:59 AM

The Ringer: Can ‘Dexter: New Blood’ Heal the Wounds of the Original Series?

#217 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 07:27 AM

The Ringer: ‘Dexter’ Is Back. Can It Escape Its Infamous Finale?

#218 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 02:49 PM

So not excited about this coming back. I'll check it out eventually but I don't have high hopes.

#219 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 03:28 PM

I really doubt I'll watch this.  Unless people just rave about it, and even then probably not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=