#1 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

So, I have started to watch this series...finally.

Watched season 1 in about 4 days.

Had the killer figured out halfway through the season but think its a great show.

I know its starting back up this weekend, so I have to get up to speed as quickly as possible.

Anyone else watch it?

#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

Yes,I'm a fan. Unfortunately, season 1 is the best season of Dexter, but I still enoy the series as a whole. Needs to wrap up though, it's about that time. It'll be interesting to see how everything unfolds. That said, won't say anything else since you obviously have some catching up to do.

Great pace on season 1 by the by... pretty impressive. ;)

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

I like Season 4 the best.

Definitely a very entertaining show. Worth watching for sure. Seasons 5 and 6 were pretty mediocre, but it's gonna wrap up over the next season or two and I think it'll be pretty amazing. They seem to be setting up for the story I think everyone wants to see get told (attempting not to spoil).

#4 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,562 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

The first four seasons are great (ok, season 3 not as much). By the time you get to the mediocre seasons 5 and 6 its still fun to watch Dexter doing his thing. Fortunately they've narrowed the scope and set an end point, two more seasons (7 and 8). The trailer and some reviews have me very encouraged for Sunday.

I'd rate the seasons:

#5 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

Yea I hear the Lithgow season was awesome.

#6 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

Anyone watch the season premiere? Alright, I switched to a spoiler font too:

I liked seeing the aftermath of of close to the last season. It's something I've wanted to see for a long time. The end was the best part, though and I'm very curious to see where it goes from there. I'm glad it happened because during most of the episode I was debating if I wanted to continue to watch this show as I thought it was pretty bad. I don't know that I would have stuck around if they had drug that out.

#7 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

Yea I hear the Lithgow season was awesome.

Thie first half of that season was my favorite..

The last few episodes of it literally ruined "Dexter" for me. I thought the last few episodes of that season were so over the top, that we barely limped through the next season (Juila Stiles), and didn't even watch last season.
@beginthebegin71

#8 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Gonna try a spoiler font to talk about this season here to avoid giving anything away to anyone who doesn't wanna read it. Highlight below to read:

I agree with mweb about last night's premiere. I was a bit upset that it seemed like they were going to have Deb buy Dexter's "I snapped" explanation. Was really happy to see them showing her slowly put everything together, and I thought they did it really well. I'm also super excited for what I assume will be the new bad guy of the year for the secondary storyline. The guy from Rome who played Titus Pullo (sadly, I don't know the actor's name). He's great and should make for a great foil for Miami metro and Dexter. I'm guessing the guy Dexter killed at the airport ends up being his son or something.

Fun start to the season, and it's a season I've been waiting to see since Season 4, when I think they peaked for any single-season villain storyline that they'll ever come up with. Anything else aside "Dexter gets caught / Deb finds out" would just be a rehashing of the same old storyline, but this is awesome and very fun to watch.

#9 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Gonna try a spoiler font to talk about this season here to avoid giving anything away to anyone who doesn't wanna read it. Highlight below to read:

I agree with mweb about last night's premiere. I was a bit upset that it seemed like they were going to have Deb buy Dexter's "I snapped" explanation. Was really happy to see them showing her slowly put everything together, and I thought they did it really well. I'm also super excited for what I assume will be the new bad guy of the year for the secondary storyline. The guy from Rome who played Titus Pullo (sadly, I don't know the actor's name). He's great and should make for a great foil for Miami metro and Dexter. I'm guessing the guy Dexter killed at the airport ends up being his son or something.

Fun start to the season, and it's a season I've been waiting to see since Season 4, when I think they peaked for any single-season villain storyline that they'll ever come up with. Anything else aside "Dexter gets caught / Deb finds out" would just be a rehashing of the same old storyline, but this is awesome and very fun to watch.

So I assume...

You think that Deb accepts him for who he is?

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

So I assume...

You think that Deb accepts him for who he is?

Response:

I think it being Harry that taught him gives Dexter a shot at convincing Deb to accept him. I think it'll be a long process, though, and Deb will be very suspicious of Dexter's claims to the code and perhaps think that he has strayed from it at times. I do hope that they don't have Deb "join the team" so to speak, kind of like Willem Defoe in Boondock Saints. I think that would be too far out of character for her

#11 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Response:

I think it being Harry that taught him gives Dexter a shot at convincing Deb to accept him. I think it'll be a long process, though, and Deb will be very suspicious of Dexter's claims to the code and perhaps think that he has strayed from it at times. I do hope that they don't have Deb "join the team" so to speak, kind of like Willem Defoe in Boondock Saints. I think that would be too far out of character for her

I agree:

Yeah, that would be lame imo and it would go against her career since she should want to arrest these people. Even if she accepts what he's doing, I think would think she would be upset that he solved all those cases while hiding evidence and his finding from the police department. Either way, I'm glad she knows and like you said, I'm glad she quickly pieced things together.

#12 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,562 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

I agree with you guys, I was a little worried about how the episode was going until the end. That needed to happen. Good premiere, I have high hopes for this season.

#13 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

I loved the premiere. I might need to wait a few months and binge-watch this season. I can't handle the wait.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#14 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

I agree with you guys, I was a little worried about how the episode was going until the end. That needed to happen. Good premiere, I have high hopes for this season.

Agreed. I was quite pleased with the direction they took. Good stuff. This has a chance to be a really, really good season.

#15 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

Episode 2 stuffs...

I swear, as much as I love this show, it really has some goofy writing at times. Deb is a lieutenant, yet is just now studying up on how serial killers think? Really? "They say people like you have an addiction". When she was reading out loud doing her studying, "They will kill until they get caught." I don't know why, but that just annoyed the hell out of me.

I also take issue with LaGuerta's obsession with the blood sample thing. I mean, it's not hard to believe she'd want to stay on top of that, because it's obviously suspicious. But how she found it in the first place, and how she's handled it since she found it is what's just not very authentic to me. Why on earth would she keep it super secret?

I hope I'm way off on this, but for some stupid reason, I almost get the feeling that with Deb demanding that Dexter live with her so she can keep her eyes on him, that her "feelings" for him might creep back up and some weird stuff could end up happening with that. I hope I'm wrong, it's just awkward, but given the history from last season, and the fact that they showed that backstory as part of the "This is what happened on last season of Dexter" start to last week's season premiere, it's just giving me that vibe. Does anyone else think this?

Other than those few things, I really like what's being set-up here so far. It's going to be really interesting to see how Deb and Dexter coexist with this new information about Dexter. Furthermore, Dexter's exploration of Lewis is going to be interesting... I think there could definitely be some more twists to that story line. And lastly, the cop killer chase seems entertaining enough in the mean time.

#16 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:12 AM

Well, I like the direction the story is going. Unfortunately something about this season feels very...hokey. Is it bad writing? Are the actors phoning it in? It just feels amateurish.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#17 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

Also, here's a prediction:

While Dexter is watching the intern's videos, he talks about an idea for a video diary where "one touch device starts recording. Tap again and it uploads directly to y..." I think the writers gave away a big piece of plot there. That would explain why he's acting so confidently around Dexter.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#18 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,562 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

Well, I like the direction the story is going. Unfortunately something about this season feels very...hokey. Is it bad writing? Are the actors phoning it in? It just feels amateurish.

I feel like the show has always had a hint of that. I always seem to notice it more in the early episodes of each season.

#19 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

I thought Sunday's Dexter was pretty damn awesome. That's really all I got.

#20 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

I am done season 4...3 episodes into season 5 now.

Julia Stiles just made her appearance.

Hoping to be done 5 this week and 6 next week and finally start watching this season.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=