@jalonsworld

#2 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:11 PM

First off, welcome aboard here at BSL.Looking forward to your outlooks on Towson.

Jake Constantine is a QB Grad Transfer from Weber State who he led to the FCS playoffs the last two years, making it to the semis last year where they lost to James Madison, Towson’s biggest hurdle. He originally went to Boise State, redshirted in 2016 and transferred out.

The starting job is his to lose, IMO. But he also has Jeff Miller behind him on the depth chart. Both are California guys, so they may have some connection there where Constantine grooms Miller for 2021.

Towson was also decimated with injuries last year too. All-American RB Shane Simpson is back for his 6th year. Didn’t make it out of week 1. Michigan transfer DL Ronald Johnson started upon his arrival...done for the year Week 3. WR Jabari Allen in the same game, big target at 6’4” and as sure handed as they come. Oklahoma transfer MLB Ricky Deberry, done for the year week 1.

Those are some really big, key players returning who should with Constantine coming in, make a playoff run. Eric Daniels should have the defense shored up entering his second year, though I haven’t seen a new QB coach added to the staff with Scott Van Zile taking a high school HC job. Coach Ambrose figures to be the primary play caller. Van Zile and Ambrose shared those duties last year.
  • BSLChrisStoner and Mike B like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 July 2020 - 09:42 AM

I am hoping to be able to go to Towson games again this year.  It is a nice setting and good football.  Flacco will not be easy to replace.  The offense ran right through him last year.

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#4 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 10:05 AM

I am hoping to be able to go to Towson games again this year. It is a nice setting and good football. Flacco will not be easy to replace. The offense ran right through him last year.

No doubt. Constantine doesn’t look like he has the legs that Flacco had.

@BSLMikeRandall

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 July 2020 - 08:30 PM

No doubt. Constantine doesn’t look like he has the legs that Flacco had.

Flacco was a real competitor too.  Towson Football is entertaining.  For those who have not been to Unitas Stadium, it is worth the trip.  For me it is about a mile from home.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=