#41 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

My argument is that the conference doesn't respect Maryland (or the other schools north of the Virginia border) to hold the tournament in DC more than once a decade, even though they will put it in Atlanta more than once (and again, frickin' TAMPA). As I said to Pedro, if they just stuck it in Greensboro permanently, I would have less of an issue (or in Charlotte, or Atlanta for that matter).

Ok they played in "frickin" Tampa ONE TIME, you made your point here. Yeah it's a NC based conference, the Big 10 is a midwestern-based conference. They played at the Ga Dome twice, which they're not doing anymore. It's pretty much in NC, it probably won't go to Atlanta much more than it will go to DC from here on out. They'll play in NC 7-8 times in a decade.

@levineps

#42 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

CBS Sports: Report: ACC tournament heading to Brooklyn in 2017, 2018

USA Today reported Tuesday morning the ACC will move its men's basketball tournament to the Barclays Center in 2017 and 2018.

The Brooklyn-based venue is currently contracted with the Atlantic 10; that league has a four-year deal with the Barclays Center that runs through 2016. According to the report, the ACC is scheduled to hold a press conference on Wednesday to detail the new timeline for its league playoff going forward.

The prospect of this change was reported nearly two weeks ago -- now it's imminent. According to reports, the Atlantic 10 will cycle back through Barclays Center from 2019-2021.

The Atlantic 10 has not yet determined where it will hold its league tournament in years when it's not in Brooklyn. Washington D.C., Pittsburgh and Philadelphia would all be realistic, logical options.

@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=