#121 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 17 November 2020 - 07:11 PM

Slowly getting to the point where I may just drop fantasy football. With gambling and DFS it’s been completely on the backburner for me this year. Just way too random.

Although I’ll prolly change my tune next summer

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#122 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 18 November 2020 - 11:13 AM

I'm getting by on smoke and mirrors in my 12 team league.  I still have a shot at the playoffs but have to keep winning as I will lose any point tiebreakers.  My 10 team league continues to do well and now I've got a shot at a bye.

#123 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 02:37 PM

A fantasy ethics question for you all.

In one of my dynasty leagues I'm rebuilding, and sit currently at 3-7, all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, which are basically set.

Is it poor form to start weaker lineups in hopes of securing the top pick in next year's draft since it will very likely not impact the playoff picture?

#124 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 November 2020 - 02:57 PM

That's a really good question. I've never done a dynasty league. You have every reason to do so. Makes complete sense, but there's no doubt it'll impact the playoff picture as you'll be handing teams W's. I dunno. That's tough.

#125 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:24 PM

A fantasy ethics question for you all.

In one of my dynasty leagues I'm rebuilding, and sit currently at 3-7, all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, which are basically set.

Is it poor form to start weaker lineups in hopes of securing the top pick in next year's draft since it will very likely not impact the playoff picture?

If that’s your league rules, I’d say it sucks, but not poor form.

That said, the couple leagues I’m in combat this by not doing last place is first pick. One example is a 14 team league and 6 make the playoffs. Teams pick their draft slot starting with 7th place, going down to 14th, then 6th through 2nd, with the league winner getting the place not picked.
@BSLMikeRandall

#126 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:32 PM

That's a really good question. I've never done a dynasty league. You have every reason to do so. Makes complete sense, but there's no doubt it'll impact the playoff picture as you'll be handing teams W's. I dunno. That's tough.

I feel like in a league where rosters largely roll over from year to year, it's just good sense. I'm not starting any injured players or players on bye. I just might be starting Ceedee Lamb over DeAndre Hopkins.

#127 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:34 PM

If that’s your league rules, I’d say it sucks, but not poor form.

That said, the couple leagues I’m in combat this by not doing last place is first pick. One example is a 14 team league and 6 make the playoffs. Teams pick their draft slot starting with 7th place, going down to 14th, then 6th through 2nd, with the league winner getting the place not picked.

They are the league rules. The weakest teams get the best picks the following year since rosters largely roll over. The last 3 weeks are basically meaningless for me. Even if I won out I'd need to have significant luck to even make the playoffs and would be a heavy underdog in every round. Locking up the top back in next year's draft would go a long way, as my RBs are currently the reason my team is bad to begin with (Jonathan Taylor and J.K. Dobbins...UGH).

#128 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:29 PM

I'd hate doing, but I'd do it. If the league rules allow tanking then it's not against the rules.

#129 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,359 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 19 November 2020 - 02:29 PM

Need 1 RB, one WR, and one flex out if this group:

RB: Ballage, Ahmed, Edmonds
WR: McLaurin, Fuller, AJ Brown

#130 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 November 2020 - 02:48 PM

McLaurin has a nice matchup in Cinci. So does Edmondson vs. Seattle. I'd go one of the other 2 remaining RB's for flex.
  • mweb08 likes this

#131 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 03:09 PM

Need 1 RB, one WR, and one flex out if this group:

RB: Ballage, Ahmed, Edmonds
WR: McLaurin, Fuller, AJ Brown

I’d lean Ballage for your RB since he may be the lead back now.
McLaurin is IMO an auto start since he’s targeted about something like 11 times a game. I think A.J Brown could have a day against the struggling Ravens, but Tannehill isn’t throwing deep often. Both he and Fuller could go for 125 yards and a TD or two any given week. Tough call between those two for your flex. Maybe Fuller since it could be Derrick Henry day in Baltimore, and IIRC, Watson had some good games against the better Patriots teams.
  • mweb08 likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#132 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,359 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 19 November 2020 - 03:25 PM

Yeah, I was already pretty much sure on Ballage and McLaurin. That flex spot is more difficult. Fuller is there for now.

#133 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 01:17 AM

So, how many people are in leagues where Taysom Hill is TE eligible? Guy in mine spent $556 in FAAB to get him. He already has Kelce so Hill is his Flex.

He's in 8th out of 10 teams, and the next four weeks he plays other basement teams so it doesn't effect much.....except next week when he plays me, currently tied for 1st. 

4 teams make the playoffs, 1 game sepearates 1st from 4th. I play the other 1st place team this week, and the only team playing 2 QBs next week. The current 3rd place team after that. 

I got a bad feeling.

@BSLMikeRandall

#134 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 November 2020 - 01:18 AM

I think it's complete horse shit.

#135 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 22 November 2020 - 02:22 AM

Fantasy football sucks

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#136 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:40 AM

My league was one vote away before the season from banning Taysom Hill from any roster.

#137 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:50 AM

Down 5 and my opponent has TB defense. Should I start Chris Godwin or Robert Woods?

#138 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:10 AM

Tough call but I'd go Woods.  He's more likely to get the 10-12 points you're gonna need.  He's also more likely to lay a gooseegg, but 6-8 points doesn't really help you any more than 2-3 points would.

If it's PPR I probably would change and go Godwin.  But I'd be nervous that LA is going to stick Ramsey on him rather than Evans.  

• You Play to Win the Game and BobPhelan like this

#139 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:21 AM

Down 5 and my opponent has TB defense. Should I start Chris Godwin or Robert Woods?

Feel like if Woods scores a TD is also lowers TB Def points so it’s a bigger swing for you.
  • BobPhelan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#140 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 11:33 AM

I might actually go Godwin.

Even if Woods does well on your bench he's reducing the points the TB defense is scoring. It also means that if the game script gets away from one guy, you can still score points (in a matter of spesking) no matter who has possession.

But thats just me.
  • BobPhelan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=